Search

SAS CR9 on-time performance?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
SAS CR9 on-time performance?

Hi,

I currently look into flying SK on a separate ticket to connect to LH at CPH for a trip to the US. Due to my work-schedule I cannot make the last flight the day before and stay at an airport property but need to take the night-stop CR9 in the early morning of the day I want to depart from CPH via FRA to the US.

That said, what is the on-time performance for these CR9 aircraft? I certainly will notice early enough if the flight comes in as it does a night stop at my departure airport, however will the 2:35 connection time at CPH enough to accommodate the "normal" delays? I know that with the LH (op. EW) CR9-fleet I would risk that, but how is SKs fleet doing operationally in comparison?

Thanks for any insight you may have!

Regards,

Dirk
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: EBD
Where are you departing from? If it's within the Schengen-zone, there is plenty of time in CPH to connect to af FRA-flight.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jespersm
Where are you departing from? If it's within the Schengen-zone, there is plenty of time in CPH to connect to af FRA-flight.
Flight in question is DUS-CPH...so generally the connection time is not my major condern. I am more worried about the CR9 performance in particular - AB's Dash-aircraft for example have an absolute terrible dispatch-reliability, so I wanted some first-hand experience on the CR9 under SK's realm.

That said I have looked up the specific performance for that flight in expertflyer, and that has a 89% on-time rate with delays averaging 11 minutes - from that it seems nothing to worry about here...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: SAS
I have had upwards 70 flights on the CRJ900 since it was introduced to SAS in 2009 (?) . I donīt recall one single delay due to technical problems with the plane.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:26 am

Funny routing: DUS-CPH-FRA-US
Even with a statistical delay of 11 mins you should be alright. CPH is quite easy to transfer in.
Personally, I've had 139 flights on SK's CRJ9's and maybe 5-8 of those have been delayed due to technical problems with a delay under 30 mins, another 5-8 delays due to late incomming, and two flights have been cancelled due to tech.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I have had upwards 70 flights on the CRJ900 since it was introduced to SAS in 2009 (?) . I donīt recall one single delay due to technical problems with the plane.
There have been some incidents with some minor broken equipment, smoke in the cabin, one failed engine, bird strikes, etc on the CRJ900 as well.

Had my self a couple of delays on the CRJs out of CPH but I wouldn't put it on the plane type itself - it can happen on a CRJ, Airbus, Embrear or Boeing the same way.

I think it doesn't make sense to look at the type of plane - more of issues at the airports (like infamous LHR).

DUS and CPH are usually pretty good to that regard.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Is CPH-FRA-US on LH so much cheaper than LH directly from DUS/FRA to justify/pay for DUS-CPH o/w on SK

Anyway, don't worry. You have plenty of time to connect at CPH - even with a significant delay for your DUS-CPH flight
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Is CPH-FRA-US on LH so much cheaper than LH directly from DUS/FRA to justify/pay for DUS-CPH o/w on SK
For the time being, you can get CPH-FRA-SFO roundtrip in F for 28.000 DKK, where as FRA-SFO-FRA roughly costs the double.... so I just bought one

Last edited by Jespersm; Oct 17, 2014 at 3:11 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for their feedback - I really appreciate it. It turned out that I need to make the last flight on the day prior no matter what as I will not have any option to make the morning-departure in time due to trains not operating that early.

With this restraint I would need to spend a night in an airport hotel near DUS or CPH so I chose to minimize risks and booked the CPH Hilton on points...

Greetings - Dirk

P.S.: As to prize, all-in prize including the separate DUS-CPH ticket is about 30% less than the direct departure from Germany...and gets some extra miles for the DUS-CPH segment. Going for UA1K for the first time, so with this extra segment I will make that barrier by 191 miles...:-)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.