Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Letter to SAS regarding the vanished softblock perk for EBG/D/P

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond
Arrow Letter to SAS regarding the vanished softblock perk for EBG/D/P

Hi,

Some members on the norwegian aviation forum flyprat.no will tomorrow send a letter to SAS complaining over the no longer present, but so much appreciated, non published seatblock-perk gold/diamond/pandion members had.

You can read the first draft of the letter here (in Norwegian).

Roughly translated to english it goes like this:
Hello and SAS EuroBonus,

I am sending this request on behalf of myself and many other SAS customers that have been loyal over many years. We are largely satisfied with EuroBonus, especially after the re-launch of "EuroBonus 2.0" and see with pleasure that you invest in this with campaigns, domestic lounges, fast track in several airports ect.

In the welcome letter gold customers recieve, we are told that "Your travels will be more comfortable on the ground, at the airport and in the air" - and we miss focus on the latter. Until the summer one of the greatest benefits was an unofficial advantage: blocked middle seat (soft block), both Plus and Go. Boarding a plane with 95% occupancy and be one of the few passengers with empty middle seat did really make it feel like SAS appreciated loyal customers. The way we understand it, this was wholly or partly an automatic function in Altea / Amadeus that made the neighboring seat was blocked for all at a lower level, all the way from EBS to EBP (EBS blocked EBB, EBG blocked EBS + EBB and so on).

In summer, there has been a change that made this advantage disappear completely - even for Pandion customers. In our opinion, this was something that had little cost to SAS, but gave very great value to us as customers. Now the situation is in many cases quite the opposite, and one can EBD and regularly experience that the neighboring seat gets filled while there are many free middle seat in the cabin, which almost never happened before.

We hope you can check if there is anything that can be reintroduced.

Yours sincerely
If anyone in here agree with the letter above, I would urge you to sign this letter by sending a PM to the persons on flyprat.no. If you don't have an account on flyprat.no, you can PM me the information if you'd like and I will forward it to the correct persons on flyprat.no.

Do note that this information has to be submitted before 08:30 tomorrow 19.09.2014, Norwegian time.

To sign the letter, please give the following information:
Name - First two and last two numbers of EB-number and lvl - e-mail

Example:
John Smith - EBG61xxxx47 (diamond) - [email protected]
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:40 pm

Deleted... OT

Last edited by fassy; Sep 18, 2014 at 4:13 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Hi,

Some members on the norwegian aviation forum flyprat.no will tomorrow send a letter to SAS complaining over the no longer present, but so much appreciated, non published seatblock-perk gold/diamond/pandion members had.

You can read the first draft of the letter here (in Norwegian).

Roughly translated to english it goes like this:

If anyone in here agree with the letter above, I would urge you to sign this letter by sending a PM to the persons on flyprat.no. If you don't have an account on flyprat.no, you can PM me the information if you'd like and I will forward it to the correct persons on flyprat.no.

Do note that this information has to be submitted before 08:30 tomorrow 19.09.2014, Norwegian time.
Good initiative - but why not let each and everyone send the letter them self? This was what was done when SAS started charging fuel surcharges on awards some years ago.

Br,
Henrik Olsen
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by herro
Good initiative - but why not let each and everyone send the letter them self? This was what was done when SAS started charging fuel surcharges on awards some years ago.

Br,
Henrik Olsen
Because this letter was sent directly to Eivind Roald who is SAS Vice President Sales & Marketing by some flypraters with contacts in the SAS system. As far as I can read on flyprat.no the issue is taken seriously by SAS and looked at (which they are doing), and they call it embarassing that it stopped working.

If you want to google-translate-read the thread it's here.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
I have also experienced this. Have checked same flight with two PNR - one is SAS Diamond and another is a non-member.

I can confirm that before, the middle-seat close to the SAS Diamond seat was blocked to pax with lower status (but not to other Diamonds). Now, everbody can choose the seat next to Diamond.

SAS you really should fix this - and communicate this perk more openly once you have fixed it. It is a great perk, and you should push it much more.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Because this letter was sent directly to Eivind Roald who is SAS Vice President Sales & Marketing by some flypraters with contacts in the SAS system. As far as I can read on flyprat.no the issue is taken seriously by SAS and looked at (which they are doing), and they call it embarassing that it stopped working.

If you want to google-translate-read the thread it's here.
Thanks for giving me this information and I can confirm that SAS is looking at it as well. I have been told this from our SAS contacts as well. So the reason for me asking was as well to let them know there is a lot of customers who see this as a issue.

But happy to hear that it is confirmed by Flyprat as well ^

Br,
Henrik Olsen
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: EBG/Diamond LH FT , Marriott Gold, GHA Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver, Club Carlsons Gold
Thanks to and pleased to see action taken from top tiers of EB.

I have 4 such poor experiences only this month (all in Plus) " Softblock" of seats used to work well before. This is one of the few perks which used to work in the air, priority boarding never worked (except for long haul) Yet this now seems to slowly come in place.

I have also complained directly to SAS in this matter- let see how on my FCO-OSL (PLUS) flight later today.

New EB V2.0 where greatly awaited as well as appreciated. So is expectation especially for the new top tier. After six months with this in hand I regret to admit it is a huge disappointment. Just peaked second qualification to EBD last month and after that FF miles has for some strange reason stopped debiting my EB account. my account. EBD is hardly recognized by staff.

To me is seems that SAS is overselling their EB product. Fair enough they have set target to do so. However long time patrons are suffering of this.
In my opinion there are too many EBG/EBD members and entry level is too low. Crowded lounges long queued " fast" track.

I know SAS is working hard to strengthen their EB product EBG/D I hope they succeed and we can see some results - Soon I pray!

October: ALC-OSL (SKPlus) , OSL-MXP-FCO-OSL (SKPlus), OSL-CPH-ATH-CPH-OSL (SKPlus) , OSL-EWR (SKPlus) , EWR-MIA-IAH-LAX-SFO(UA Premium), SFO-CPH-OSL (SKBiz)
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I don't think softblock is that big a perk for inter Europe flights, they generally aren't that long. I'd be much more in favour of sorting out the priority bording issue, this drives me nuts, especially when people sitting down that back bag dump up the front, priority boarding would mostly solve this problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.