Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Experience with SAS Priority boarding in Copenhagen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I am usually going CPH-ARN at CPH and I think they don't care about these flights. At ARN (well it's LH but handling by SK) they announce business, *Gold for my flights typically to Germany. But it's hard to get through because there is always a horde of people lined up, so I usually walk around and approach from the flank.

Last time at ARN there was a German biker gang (non-criminal but wanted to look like tough guys) pushing to the front. The gate agent stopped the first one after checking his BP and asked in Swedish if there are any more gold card holders or business. There were so he held the bikers back and let us board.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
For any SK operated flight out of a Scandinavian airport - forget about priority boarding being in force. It may be announced, but enforcing happens very seldom (<5%). There are no fast track/priority boarding queues either. And the Scandinavian/Swedish mentality doesn't seem to work with 'some people are better than others'...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Seems with SAS in LHR T2 now it is being enforced properly! 2 completely seperate queues this morning!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: SAS EBG, EK Gold, GF Gold, CC Gold, BW Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor
I have never seen priority boarding being enforce in CPH. I guess its the same people that queue that also pops their carry-on in the first overhead compartment they see and continue to waddle down the back to their seat. Grr i hate those people!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Today on CPH-ARN, the priority boarding was clearly announced. But I am not entirely sure it was enforced.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:31 am

It is announced a lot of time but I have never seen them to actually check.

I flew CPH-MUC yesterday and they also announced priority boarding but didn't care that the tourist hordes just stormed the gate.

As usual I boarded last - and was op-ed up (what a joy on a European shorthaul, at least got a free middle seat ) as the flight was full and my seat needed by a tourist family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.