Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus gold fast track to diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus gold fast track to diamond

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by Svantevit
As SK Diamond you can give away a star alliance gold card once per period - meaning that if you qualify before the end of your current EB period (which I guess 99% of people do) then you can actually give away two gold cards (one in the current period and one in the next).

I think that´s a pretty nift benefit.

Svantevit
Don't forget the season subscription to Tusenfryd from the Goodie Bag! I thought that was the big benefit...

Anyway, for me the possibility to give away a gold card is also the biggest benefit. Furthermore, I'm very happy with EB compared to LH when it comes to crediting UA flights and stacking up many *A points very fast. Compared to my collection rate at LH, I need to fly about 25% of what I used to fly there to get 100k points.

I also fly frequently with AirBaltic, Estonian and sometimes with Widerře, so then EB also comes in very handy, as it's the only program in *A that you can use to earn points there.

Furthermore LH has a few aces that EB just can't trump. Buddy discounts, mileage bargains, a huge route network to use for reward flights, first class reward tickets and upgrade vouchers, to name a few...

Anyway, if you're already gold everywhere else then a EB Diamond card would make a nice addition to your collection to have something to discuss at birthday parties and so.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Don't forget the season subscription to Tusenfryd from the Goodie Bag! I thought that was the big benefit...

Anyway, for me the possibility to give away a gold card is also the biggest benefit. Furthermore, I'm very happy with EB compared to LH when it comes to crediting UA flights and stacking up many *A points very fast. Compared to my collection rate at LH, I need to fly about 25% of what I used to fly there to get 100k points.

I also fly frequently with AirBaltic, Estonian and sometimes with Widerře, so then EB also comes in very handy, as it's the only program in *A that you can use to earn points there.

Furthermore LH has a few aces that EB just can't trump. Buddy discounts, mileage bargains, a huge route network to use for reward flights, first class reward tickets and upgrade vouchers, to name a few...

Anyway, if you're already gold everywhere else then a EB Diamond card would make a nice addition to your collection to have something to discuss at birthday parties and so.
Strangely I find I need to fly less with LH to get 100k miles- 3x on F and 2500 miles on S/H business makes it easier than getting 100K on SK with my flying pattern, as I don't fly SK metal, only WF booked as SK code share which earns 2000 with EB and nothing anywhere else.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by LonLH
Strangely I find I need to fly less with LH to get 100k miles- 3x on F and 2500 miles on S/H business makes it easier than getting 100K on SK with my flying pattern, as I don't fly SK metal, only WF booked as SK code share which earns 2000 with EB and nothing anywhere else.
That just shows that the best FFP programme depends entirely on your flying pattern. If you fly F and no-discounted J on LH then M&M is a good programme. EB on the other hand is great for people flying discounted economy and premium economy on SK as all Y classes earn 100% and all Y+ classes earn 200%. How much will you get for flying discounted economy on LH (or discounted J for that matter) and crediting to M&M ? (answer is 25% and 100%, respectively).

Svantevit
Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Svantevit
That just shows that the best FFP programme depends entirely on your flying pattern. If you fly F and no-discounted J on LH then M&M is a good programme. EB on the other hand is great for people flying discounted economy and premium economy on SK as all Y classes earn 100% and all Y+ classes earn 200%. How much will you get for flying discounted economy on LH (or discounted J for that matter) and crediting to M&M ? (answer is 25% and 100%, respectively).

Svantevit
Absolutely.
I get 1250 miles on LH for my SVG-ABZ hop booked in C bucket (my corporate fare books in C). With EB I will get 2000 (incl WF operated flights booked as SK Codeshare).
A PMI-ZRH-LHR r/t in D gets me 10K with M/M- 4800 with EB.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
Can I ask you what kind of work you do? I probably like to have your job.

For my work I'm only allowed eco and sometimes business...

Anyway, flying F on LH is indeed a fantastic way to get to M&M SEN status fast and not profitable at all on EB. For people like me with a lot of flights in eco it's now virtually impossible after the last 'enhancements'.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
What is your job UltraRant? For my job I am only allowed cheapest eco, and never business (nor plus).
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:44 pm

When I was working in banking/payment processing we could fly F but it also happend that you were called at 4am to be at FRA at 8am for a flight to ATL or HKG. The client paid the ticket and other expsenses without even blinking an eye as every hour downtime costs a multiple of that.

I have friends in the financial consultancy business which also travel F for a flights over 6 hrs and J on all others - Client pays...

Now I have to travel cheap eco (but at least allowed to use OT upgrades which work most of the time)
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:20 pm

I'm a project manager working on projects worldwide. The travel class depends on the project and the customer. We're in oil and gas related services and energy solutions. For internal projects it's cheapest eco only, for some projects for external customers there's business, but depending on the customer.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by UltraRant
Can I ask you what kind of work you do? I probably like to have your job.

For my work I'm only allowed eco and sometimes business...

Anyway, flying F on LH is indeed a fantastic way to get to M&M SEN status fast and not profitable at all on EB. For people like me with a lot of flights in eco it's now virtually impossible after the last 'enhancements'.
I work for myself- in the oil and gas business. I have a client who is based in SVG and have operations in ABZ- that explains my ABZ-SVG hops.
Not sure if you want my job though..
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: EBS, Delta Silver
Triple campaign.

hi,
I good way to earn many points is the treble point campaigns that usually run in q4 or December Christmas calendar.

I got my gold card this way 2 years ago. But missed keeping my gold status this year due to not being upgraded by OT on a return flight from PVG.

I had a long discussion with SAS about this, but in the end they wanted me to pay 5000 SEK for keeping my gold card. I don't think it is worth that much.

Br. Martin
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by M. Haugaard
hi,
I good way to earn many points is the treble point campaigns that usually run in q4 or December Christmas calendar.

I got my gold card this way 2 years ago. But missed keeping my gold status this year due to not being upgraded by OT on a return flight from PVG.

I had a long discussion with SAS about this, but in the end they wanted me to pay 5000 SEK for keeping my gold card. I don't think it is worth that much.

Br. Martin
Just a few of my thoughts on this. The extra points you earn on those campaigns are usually only the 'points for use', not the 'basic points' which are required for qualifying.

OT is in a way a bit of a gamble. There is no guarantee that you will be upgraded as getting upgraded depends on the discretion of the airline, so you can't really count on getting points from OT when planning to getting or maintaining a tier status.

For less than half of the amount of 5000SEK you could also have done a mileage run to a destination in southern Europe and got yourself 10.000 points or so. I think 5.000SEK is a bit much to pay for a few status miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.