Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Suddenly more delays in miles posting?

Suddenly more delays in miles posting?

Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by MrCharming
How do I claim the first part of my trip when it was with TK and I want it on my EB account?

Sorry for the newbie questions.
Login to the EB account online and use the function to retro claim miles the same way as you would do for a SK flight.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This kind of behaviour likely indicates some batch processing, which is often started using a scheduler (for example not-on holidays, and not on certain dates), or is started entirely manually. The process itself does not have to be manual. Batch processing of transactions is quite common (also in finance, etc). But of course from customer point of view a synchronized online process would be more desirable, even if more expensive to implement.

Now with crediting to A3, there is likely an export batch process on SK side, and an import batch process on A3 side, so the results might be even less predictable as the frequencies of the two processes can interplay in weird ways.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UltraRant
My experience is that it usually takes 3 or 4 days when flying with SK metal on a SK itinerary and crediting to the SK program.
Same here.

Originally Posted by UltraRant
My experience is that any other program takes significantly longer. My AirBaltic flights actually never sow up within the recommended time. I always have to retrocredit those.
Much to my surprise both my Air China flights in the last week credited to EB within 2 days of each flight! I've got 2 more on CA this week, then a SK flight next weekend I'll see how things continue to go ...
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:29 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
So in summary, most people are not seeing much erratic behaviour in miles posting. Some delays, but nothing as strange as my miles. Not really sure what to make of this.

My last trip was a 4 segment intra-eu SK marketed and operated. 2 pax on the same PNR (though segment 4 was on a separate ticket). All Frequent flyer data entered into ticket at time of booking, ie no switching/adding cards at a late stage. Cards presented (and duly ignored) at all check ins. FF# and status printed on all boardingpasses. Still posting of miles to A3 is very erratic.

Code:
		Pax1			Pax2

Segment 1	Retro claimed,		Retro claimed,
		posted after 20 days	didn't post (now 25 days and counting)

Segment 2	Retro claimed,		Retro claimed,
		didn't post (24 days	didn't post (24 days
			and counting)		and counting)

Segment 3	Posted in 3 days	Posted in 3 days

Segment 4	Posted in 3 days	Posted in 3 days

So the last flown segments posted rather quickly. The first two segments had to be claimed retroactively, and that claim only worked for 1 segment of 1 pax. It is quite strange that the miles for two travellers travelling together on the same PNR and retro claimed at the same time does not post together.

Also that SK apparently denies the miles for the earlier segments. Howcome they didn't cancel our onward segments if we didn't board segment #1..
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:09 pm

I had some flights beginning of August that posted after 12-14 days, but this last week has been 3 and 2 days. All SK metal, so seems back to normal for me.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Same here.

Much to my surprise both my Air China flights in the last week credited to EB within 2 days of each flight! I've got 2 more on CA this week, then a SK flight next weekend I'll see how things continue to go ...
Same, same. Can confirm the sometimes 2 days with CA! And normally 3-4 days with SK-flights.

But now I have been waiting 6 days for a standard SK intra-Europe flight (booked online and with my profile) to appear.

Makes me a bit worried, as an upcoming upgrade to EBD needs to be expediting to get the extra gold card before holiday travel. Hmm.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Also waiting longer than usual for my flights from last week, three intra EU flights all on SK metal.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:00 pm

My LO TATL flight did not post (even though the outbound leg two weeks
later, in the same class has posted). I tried to retro-credit now, and for two days I am unable to do it. I get a system error message and please try again later. Anybody had a similar experience?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:42 am

I'm also waiting on my 5 LO segments two weeks ago. Will try retro credit later tonight and let you know.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:59 am
Suspended

Still waiting for four legs from 16 to 5 days ago. Tried to register manually for the oldest ones, says "system error". Got an email from SAS telling me to try later or tomorrow (today). Still system error.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by CKCPH
Still waiting for four legs from 16 to 5 days ago. Tried to register manually for the oldest ones, says "system error". Got an email from SAS telling me to try later or tomorrow (today). Still system error.
Gosh!

Not impressive.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:06 pm

really irritating. Just tried, still with an error.

En system fejl er opstået. Prøv venligst igen senere.
I can't understand why it is so hard to get a reliable IT subcontractor. grrr ...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
No miles posted to my account in last 3 weeks, although I had 2-3 flights every week. Can for sure say that this has never happened before. I check my account very often, and usually miles are posted 3-6 days after flying.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wazow
really irritating. Just tried, still with an error.
I can't understand why it is so hard to get a reliable IT subcontractor. grrr ...
The whole problem is that it's subcontracted and not done in-house. Unfortunately Scandinavians love to subcontract so they can point the finger to the contractor and not take responsibility. Often leaving very undesirable situations the way they are for extended periods of time.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:00 am

9 days and counting.

Still problems with retro claim?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.