Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS lounge options in New York / EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)

Hi guys

I will be visiting EWR/NY a few times the next weeks, both as departure airport and transfer airport. I am *A Gold (SAS Eurobonus Gold) and will be travelling on United domestically in USA and with SAS to/from Scandinavia.

So my question is: what are the lounge options in EWR for *A Gold holders travelling with SAS/United? I will have quite some hours in EWR so I just want to get the best options.

Do I have to use SAS lounge when travelling with them, or can I use any *A lounge? If latter is the case, which *A lounge (for Gold members) is best in EWR?

What is important for me in lounge is firstly that it is not crowded, and secondly that there are some good food options. I don't care about booze
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by Frequie
What is important for me in lounge is firstly that it is not crowded, and secondly that there are some good food options. I don't care about booze
lol. Bolding mine. Since you're flying UA, this gave me quite a laugh. AFAIK, UA's lounges will be your only realistic option when traveling on UA, and they usually get quite crowded at their hubs and have no (real) food to speak of. You might be able to use LH or SK lounges, depending on the ease of terminal changes, but it's been ages since I've transited through EWR.

When leaving the US, you should have the option to use LH, SK, or UA, but I'd imagine LH and SK would be most convenient for your flight. And they'll definitely be superior to United Clubs in terms of food. As for how crowded they get compared to UA, I doubt they'll be any worse.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AA PLT, SPG Gold
The LH and SK lounges are close to each other in one satellite in terminal B in EWR. They are only accessible if one has a flight departing from that satellite. All UA flights depart from terminals C or A so their lounges (such as they are) will be the only option.

When departing on SK as *G, there is a choice between LH's Senator lounge and SK's lounge. I think LH's lounge is miles better, it is brand new and has better food options.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
When you are departing with SAS back to Scandinavia you have the options of SAS or LH lounge. They are literally right next to each other. So you can easily check out both as *G.

I flew home from EWR in July with my girlfriend, we started in the SAS Lounge but there was not hot food options. The lounge was pretty decent though! We then moved to the LH lounge and better food, drinks and snacks. So you will probably enjoy LH more.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The SK lounge at EWR actually got better now LH moved out as it's considerably less crowded, the food and wifi are still terrible though. You could opt to get something to eat in the LH lounge and then move over to the SK lounge as it has more seats and room. I would just time my arrival so I don't have to spend to much time in the terminal/lounges.

The UA lounges are a general disappointment but they are a better place to go to compared to sitting in the terminal.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The UA lounges have food that consist of: packaged crackers, packaged cheese (I like the pepperjack and cheddar), packaged baby carrots, ranch dressing, fruit, trail mix.

If you are in EWR Terminal C you are better off going and eating at one of the restaurants.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:18 pm

I am sitting in the sen lounge at ewr now. Food was not good, and wifi sux, but it is nice and calm here. Going to check sas lounge soon.

Edit: food improved drastically some time after I wrote this

Last edited by Mjoellnir; Aug 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm Reason: New food at sen lounge
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:36 pm

SAS lounge: typical sas like in Scandinavia just with booze. Crowded. I will probably go back to sen lounge shortly.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
Thanks for the updates. Seems that I should firstly check out the LH lounge
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: SK EB Gold *G, LH M&M FT *S, LeClubAccor Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I was lounge hopping to LH Senator, LH business, and SAS lounge in last June. SEN was the best among them. SAS only has 1 (or two, forgot) toilet and the queue was long. The design is quite similar to CPH lounge. Food in SEN was much better. Went to United lounge also during transit in another flight. It is very big, but the food in SEN lounge was still better. Anyway, it is located in another terminal with separate security checks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.