Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus - class of service in Icelandair codeshare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze

Hi everybody,

About to purchase TLV-CPH-KEF flights with SK and FI (codeshare on SK).
Upgrading to SAS plus is $20 per way, which seems like a non-brainer.

If I purchase these flights in SAS plus, in which class will I be seated on the FI flights?

When making a dummy booking in expedia (selecting premium economy class of service) and looking at the seat map - it shows rows 4, 5 which are part of business class AFAIK. So that means we'll be seated in buisness?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
If it really is row 4 and 5 you're getting on the FI flight, then you hit the jackpot, as it's indeed business class. You can probably tell from the booking class you'll get in the itinerary.

From experience with other airlines (mainly LH-Group) I can tell that economy extra = economy = back of the bus. And Plus = economy extra = back of the bus, even if your booking class says 'C'.

Anyway, if you get the whole itinerary upgraded for just $20 per way, then it'd be already worth it just for the TLV-CPH legs (and the extra points). Getting seated in C would just be a fantastic bonus, I'd say.

I'll now go to that site and try to make the same kind of itinerary from OSL.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Do you get SK points as well from codeshare FI flights?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by FFlash
Pretty sure you do not, you can only earn points with AY's program these days on FI aside from Saga Club obviously. Previously they also partnered with AS but that stopped.

Very unfortunate, I would fly FI more often if they could work out the points out with SK or BA.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:25 am
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
I typically book economy comfort with icelandair. This should give you an economy seat with the middle row blocked. However, typically I have been seated at the back of the business cabin (the seats you are showing). If business is not full and economy is full(ish), they do this. Keep checking the seatmap however as seats do shift.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I rate FI Business class very very poorly, so dont get to excited!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Most likely you'll be seated in Business Class seats while getting Economy Comfort service. They often do that when there is less demand in business than their other fare classes.

The seats are like domestic US first class seats - for intra European flights that certainly beats most (not least SAS !)
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Did the OP or anyone else happen to book this recently?

I was looking at TXL-OSL-KEF all on SAS but on the way back it is only letting me pick flights back through ARN/CPH with the KEF-ARN/CPH on FI in the 752.
If I booked SAS Plus would that go into FI's Economy Comfort with the middle seat blocked?

I'm crediting to UA MileagePlus so I have some limited options and just having to bite the bullet with the trip back from KEF not earning any miles.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
FlyingMoose is right, no points on FI flight cause there is no agreement with EB.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Booked SK codeshare to KEF with CPH-KEF on FI. Outbound is in SK H, so plain eco I suppose. Back its SK J, which is plus on SK, but what is it on FI?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:08 am

I suppose business, otherwise they would have probably assigned a 'lower' booking ckass for the leg.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
J is in the 'lower' plus booking fares (not flexible). I'm not sure where they'll put you.

Just made some dummy bookings with FI for the three different travel classes. If SK and FI have aligned their booking classes (and it seems they did up to a certain level, as the characters correspond quite well), you'd probably find yourself in comfort class.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
J is in the 'lower' plus booking fares (not flexible). I'm not sure where they'll put you.
Oh, really? I thought C, D and J were the higher classes. So it is C, D, Z then? They should unify that system across the alliance (or better all airlines) and also match codeshares 1:1.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Inside Europe its CDZ > JSY > ABP in Plus.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt, SPG
Hi, I flew VNO-CPH-KEF on SAS Plus (both segments marketed as SAS Plus on 117, aka SAS ticket stock) yesterday.

VNO: fast track, lounge allowed, all as usual.
VNO-CPH (operated by Cimber): standard SAS Plus service. Economy seats + rude SAS lady sub-human treatment and tray with some edible salad. The lady dropped the food tray without saying a word.
CPH: no SAS lounge despite being said on SAS website it should be provided - gate simply rejects and another rude SAS tradeunion-guarded person simply said "you have to leave this area NOW" with giving no explanations.
CPH-KEF (operated by Icelandair): I was seated on row 4. It is regular business class seats 2-2 abreast on 757 but only economy food service. Not sure if internet was free of charge as I blacked out early into the flight.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.