Search

Diamond - Goodie bag question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:51 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Wrong Model

Originally Posted by fassy
No, the Marshalls are sold at around the same price - standard retail price is 99€ and right now can be had for around 60€ at Amazon. Also don't forgot you pay at least 30€ for the Marshall logo

While I love the Marshall stage products for musicians like my JCM 900 guitar amp I don't think the consumer stereo products live up to the expectation.
I now have checked the German and UK Amazon sites, and you appear to be wrong.

The Marshall Headphones available with a standard retail price of EUR 99,90, now selling at EUR 59 is the model Marshall Major. The headphones I received (I have the box in front of me) is the model Marshall Monitor, where the lowest price on the German Amazon site is EUR 134. (UK sites states RRP at GBP 180, with Amazon selling them at GBP 132,54 for the model Marshall Monitor).

They could very well be overpriced as you claim (and to my taste, preferring classical music, they are too bass heavy) but they clearly are more expensive than the Zinken headphones, which UK Amazon sells at GBP 56 for the red ones (the only colour still available in the goodie bag), with a RRP of GBP 120.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: SK*Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Melia Gold
Question

Originally Posted by JeeiJapan
Hi people,

Just reached Diamond level - YEAH!

Checked out the goodie bag section...
I qualified for Diamond a couple of months ago. Very soon afterwards (less than a week, I was impressed ^) I got the new cards, luggage tags and the accompanying welcome letter, which among other things stated that I should choose a gift from the goodie bag. On the website, under benefits, it is stated "As a Diamond member, you can choose a gift during your qualification period. Log in and go to Goodie Bag." No matter how I search for the said goodie bag within the website, after logging in to my profile, I cannot find it - it is either well hidden or I am not using the right path and search terms

Could someone of you describe the path for getting to it?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by radu
I qualified for Diamond a couple of months ago. Very soon afterwards (less than a week, I was impressed ^) I got the new cards, luggage tags and the accompanying welcome letter, which among other things stated that I should choose a gift from the goodie bag. On the website, under benefits, it is stated "As a Diamond member, you can choose a gift during your qualification period. Log in and go to Goodie Bag." No matter how I search for the said goodie bag within the website, after logging in to my profile, I cannot find it - it is either well hidden or I am not using the right path and search terms

Could someone of you describe the path for getting to it?
Try to log in here: https://diamond.flysas.com/
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Try to log in here: https://diamond.flysas.com/
Thank you, it was that easy I wonder why they could not send me that link, though. Well, luckily this forum exists ^
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I personally think it would be a good thing if SAS cut out the whole goodie bag thing and replaced it with free flight vouchers or upgrade vouchers (or some extra points bonus). I mean: I do business with an airline because I want or need to fly, not because I want to have a seasonal pass for an amusement park. So far I haven't chosen anything from the goodie bag, just because it's stuff I really don't need. Their latest addition, the empty amenity kit, is a new low.

One wouldn't join the Ku Klux Klan either just because they for example serve an excellent strawberry cake. Most people should have some affinity with their core business first before even considering doing business with them.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
So far I haven't chosen anything from the goodie bag, just because it's stuff I really don't need. Their latest addition, the empty amenity kit, is a new low.
It was indeed a big disappointment once I got to see what was on offer. I personally have no need for any of the products on offer. I agree, upgrade vouchers or some sort of 2-4-1 vouchers would be much more appreciated. And it might cost SAS less.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I just made diamond and have the choice of: the Quintessentially service, EatCard (with 500 SEK credit at a restaurant I will never visit), a "SAS Package" (with luggage scales? how much luggage do they think I'm carrying if I fly 90+ segments a year?!) or Open Fairways membership.

Disappointing. I understand that this is an opportunity to get people hooked on these companies' services, but the range is just dire.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The Quintessentially subscription is very useful if you travel frequently to places where it is hard to get dinner reservations or need last minute hotel bookings or tickets. The AMEX concierge is comparable. It is very much a nice to have item which is great to get for free through such a FF program perk, although most people that need it already have it through other means.

What I don't understand however is how a $1500 Concierge subscription is the equivalent of 4 movies tickets < $50 in value or other stuff with a value of less than $100. The noise cancelling headphones they had previously where also a good pick if you just wanted to throw them on eBay and get some cash for them.

The lack of upgrade vouchers really is a big miss, that would be a no-brainer to pick. Hopefully something they will reconsider with the new earning rules and reduced number of EBD's.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The Quintessentially subscription is very useful if you travel frequently to places where it is hard to get dinner reservations or need last minute hotel bookings or tickets. The AMEX concierge is comparable. It is very much a nice to have item which is great to get for free through such a FF program perk, although most people that need it already have it through other means.

What I don't understand however is how a $1500 Concierge subscription is the equivalent of 4 movies tickets < $50 in value or other stuff with a value of less than $100. The noise cancelling headphones they had previously where also a good pick if you just wanted to throw them on eBay and get some cash for them.

The lack of upgrade vouchers really is a big miss, that would be a no-brainer to pick. Hopefully something they will reconsider with the new earning rules and reduced number of EBD's.
When one of the managers higher up in the organization hit diamond a few months ago, I pointed out the dedicated diamond site to him and the goodie bag. He instantly chose the concierge service as it looked pretty useful. He has used it exactly 0 times so far. That's also what I'd be afraid of, so that's why I'm still waiting for something of interest like the Marshall headphones to reappear. I would love a pair of those.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yeah, while I was moderatly OK with the goodie bag it appeared, now the choice is really sad. Almost as if they were closing down the service.

I have never used a concierge service, and I doubt I would find it useful. I always have simple travel plans and work to do. I wouldn't know how to use it to my benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.