Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift gold card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
SAS told me current year + 1 year + 3 months. But first 2 cards I gifted was only current year + 3 months (they were gifted i beginning of persons qualification year). Last one I gifted was real 27 months, so maybe a bug.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:29 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by tgj1974
SAS told me current year + 1 year + 3 months. But first 2 cards I gifted was only current year + 3 months (they were gifted i beginning of persons qualification year). Last one I gifted was real 27 months, so maybe a bug.
The last card I gifted (to my spouse) last year, was valid from gifting in August 2015 through September 2017
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by wazow
This is a bit strange. I gifted a card within a day or so from the date on which the receiving person created their EB account. He claims that his card is valid for the rest of this year, and the following year + the grace period. So essentially 27 month - pretty cool I thought. I asked him to check the validity date once again, to rule out a misunderstanding. I will come back when I know that. (I was gifting early August this year, and this was a newly created EB account).
I just confirmed, the person indeed got the card for 27 months. While this is very nice of SK/EB, I think I am also giving them a good deal, as I tend to gift to people who fly a lot, just a different airline, or just slightly too little to qualify, and this clearly attracts them to EB/SK. So I think this is beneficial for SK too.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by wazow
I just confirmed, the person indeed got the card for 27 months. While this is very nice of SK/EB, I think I am also giving them a good deal, as I tend to gift to people who fly a lot, just a different airline, or just slightly too little to qualify, and this clearly attracts them to EB/SK. So I think this is beneficial for SK too.
Indeed I think the partner cards are a easy/low cost way to reward top tier flyers as it doesnt cost much to the giving airline if the giftee doesnt fly much its a no cost if they fly alot then most will credit to that program this hiving them more i come at the same time much like the status challenges that require xxx miles in xxx months 👍👍
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Swap cards

Is there other programs is oneworld or skyteam that lets elite members gift an elite card, if so which ? I am sk diamond would be interested in reaching out to those and ask to gift to each other to gain oneworld or skyteam elite benefits.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by nick5000
Is there other programs is oneworld or skyteam that lets elite members gift an elite card, if so which ?
There are like Finnair Plus.

But please remove the sentence I did not quote before somebody else is going to remove or edit your post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.