Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift gold card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Does anyone else have a problem loading the "Give a EuroBonus card" page? Using both Chrome and Firefox I keep getting a "Whoops, looks like something went wrong" error message (and IE just hangs).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:21 am

Yes, seemed to broken atm. I gave away a Gold card last week and it worked without problems.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Many thanks for checking this - sometime I have problems with the flysas website from behind the Great Firewall here in China (particularly with hidden links/call to twitter), but on this occasion it seems it must just be a normal SAS IT glitch

If you don't mind me asking, can you comment on how many months of Gold the person received? I hope things are still unchanged as "rest of current year + following year + 3 months" ...
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by GinFizz
If you don't mind me asking, can you comment on how many months of Gold the person received? I hope things are still unchanged as "rest of current year + following year + 3 months" ...
I do not know... The digital card in the iPhone doesn't show the expiry date, neither can you see it in your online profile and the new plastic card hasn't arrived yet. Will post here when it does. (about 2 weeks?)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Does anyone else have a problem loading the "Give a EuroBonus card" page? Using both Chrome and Firefox I keep getting a "Whoops, looks like something went wrong" error message (and IE just hangs).
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, seemed to broken atm. I gave away a Gold card last week and it worked without problems.
Seems to be working again when I try from my profile.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by fassy
I do not know... The digital card in the iPhone doesn't show the expiry date, neither can you see it in your online profile and the new plastic card hasn't arrived yet. Will post here when it does. (about 2 weeks?)
The new card arrived and the expiry date says 18-7. So, still the old 'current year+next year+3 month' system is in place
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Eurobonus
I could not get the give-away page to load either, when using Safari on Mac.

I sent a detailed error report to SAS about 2 weeks ago and got no reply.

The other day I tried it with Chrome and it worked!

Safari is still broken though.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Give away 2 silver and 5 gold card in 2 years and 1 week

It seems that I have hit a very sweet spot in giving away gold cards as EBD. 5 – potentially 6 cards for being Diamond 2 times!

The details if anybody cares: When the new Eurobonus was introduced spring 2014, I hadn’t qualified for Diamond. So could give away a silver card. Just before the end of my quantifying period, November 2015, I reached EBD and could give away a gold card. A few days later, December 2015, I could gift another gold card.

One year later, I didn’t re-qualify for Diamond, but remained EBD for three grace months and in that period, I could give away the 3. gold card (December 2015). When I went back to gold, I could donate a silver card.

Now I am back in the black and – a bit surprisingly – I can now (or let’s say November 2016) donate the 4. gold card. I can see that my current quota expires November 30. Which means I can certainly give away the 5. gold card December this year.

And even if I don’t requalify next time, I can give away the 6. card in December 2017. So up to 6 gold cards for earning Diamond 2 times. Not bad.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
It seems that I have hit a very sweet spot in giving away gold cards as EBD. 5 – potentially 6 cards for being Diamond 2 times!

And even if I don’t requalify next time, I can give away the 6. card in December 2017. So up to 6 gold cards for earning Diamond 2 times. Not bad.
oahhhh, that is amazing !
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yeah, this is a public secret. Don't talk too much about it. We don't want to loose it
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
Yeah, this is a public secret. Don't talk too much about it. We don't want to loose it
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:50 am

Is there any consensus on how to maximize length of a gifted Gold status? Will be getting one gifted but I just signed up for a EB account (so my qualification year is Oct 2016 - Sept 2017). Best to wait a few months before getting the gifted status? Saw at least one report in this thread where a gifted status early on only lasted for rest of qualification year + 3 months.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: *G
If possible I'd wait 3 months (i.e. till your 'grace period' is over).
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Is there any consensus on how to maximize length of a gifted Gold status? Will be getting one gifted but I just signed up for a EB account (so my qualification year is Oct 2016 - Sept 2017). Best to wait a few months before getting the gifted status? Saw at least one report in this thread where a gifted status early on only lasted for rest of qualification year + 3 months.
Seems that there is a limit somewhere between 8 and 10 months before end of qualifying year.

11 months and above will get you just current year (11 months) + 3 months extra=14.

With 7 months remaining, you will get 7+12+3 months = 22 months.

Exactly where between 8 and 10 the limit is, I haven’t any experience with. And I haven't seen any report in this thread here about that gap.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is a bit strange. I gifted a card within a day or so from the date on which the receiving person created their EB account. He claims that his card is valid for the rest of this year, and the following year + the grace period. So essentially 27 month - pretty cool I thought. I asked him to check the validity date once again, to rule out a misunderstanding. I will come back when I know that. (I was gifting early August this year, and this was a newly created EB account).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.