Wiki Posts
Search

Family pooling is here

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Family pooling is here

This has been on my wish list for a long time, well done Eurobonus!
http://www.flysas.com/family-pooling/?nssexc=true (collect from up to seven accounts)
Old May 8, 2014, 12:14 pm

Really nice option. I´ve been waiting for something like this.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Excellent news. Great move SAS.
Old May 8, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: EBG, Finnair
Very good.

I get somewhat worried when reading the fine print. I plan my old father's trips, twice a year. Same residential address as myself and I have my own e-mail account as the contact e-mail for his EBB account and for my own account. His flights clearly are different from mine as he for instance always gets personal assistance at the airports. Should i be worried about my own account?

There is a limit of one (1) Account per EuroBonus member. Any attempt by a EuroBonus member to register in more than one (1) Account by using the same or multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other method(s), as determined in SAS' sole discretion, may void all Points of the EuroBonus member, and that EuroBonus member may be disqualified from participating in Family Pooling and/or EuroBonus at SAS' sole discretion.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: *G
I think they're refering to a family account so it shouldn't be related to this and you're still 2 members. I think you'll be fine, but can't hurt to leave them a message.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
No way that would cause a problem. And if it did by accident, a quick call explaining the situation would probably solve it.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Great news, although the timing could have been better as I just booked our Christmas trip with points. The family account would have been nice 2 days ago...but very happy to see that changes. Very positive move for me and my family!
Old May 11, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: SAS EBG
Really great, but stupid that you can't transfer previously earned points to the "main account" without paying for it.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kullis
Really great, but stupid that you can't transfer previously earned points to the "main account" without paying for it.
+1.

Great that SAS has tried something like this, but for me this is totally useless now. For me this pooling is now inflexible as I would like to pool family points in bunches where&whenever needed.

Now the points can go only in one direction and you can be only receiver/giver and not flex between according to need. I might be wrong but now it even seems that this will build major inflexibility once you "lock" your position.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:33 am

I really don't see any need for more flexibility? The main account can spent the points for awards for everyone so why would you need any points (besides status points) on the other accounts?

The only issue is the initial transfer of points. I would try to spend all points on the 'giver' accounts then add them to the pooling and you are set.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
"Basic points transferred to a family account will be registered as Extra points".

So, then I don't see the point. My children can spend their points themselves, and if they only have few, they shop in the SAS Eurobonus Shop.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:31 pm

E.g. you can book your award trip on one PNR instead of having to do individual bookings per account.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Excelent! ^

(on a private note, I just moved some points 2 weeks ago from one account to another )
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Just a question: What happens to status? If my wife transfers her points to me will she still be able to get silver (I know, I can give for free as EBG) or gold? It is not clear to me when reading the rules.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: *G
You still get status on your own earnings. So you won't get EBG faster because the points when transfered turn into extra points for you. She will still turn EBS after 10 segments or 20.000 miles.
well, I'm positive I've read it like that before, but now I can't find anything to back it up on SAS website. However, as it works as a transfer of extra points each month on the 8th, this should still be the case, as when you transfer points you still keep status.

Last edited by studentCPH; Jul 9, 2014 at 11:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.