Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wideroe Explore Norway Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by toonmelis
I am very intrested in it. Does it really earn segments? I am gonna get close to gold this year. and with this i could make it for sure!
It should not anymore earn segments other than the first one but some people said they got segments and points in general last year. But maybe that is fixed this year. Who knows.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by Jainzar
It should not anymore earn segments other than the first one but some people said they got segments and points in general last year. But maybe that is fixed this year. Who knows.
Yep, you never know how WF enforces the rule. In T&C it claims it has to be booked 2 hours before the flight, but in 2015 I had no problem to book within one hour of departure. It is usually ticketed within 5 minutes.

In 2015, I met a guy who booked the one-zone pass to fly 100+ eligible segments for SK Diamond. I guess that's why they changed the rule in 2016 (& 2017).

As a side note, I found it more fun to traverse all the airports WF flies, at least the first time. I did my grand tour of 43 Norwegian airports with 74 segments in 2015: http://openflights.org/trip/25117.
Gnopps likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cloudybw
Yep, you never know how WF enforces the rule. In T&C it claims it has to be booked 2 hours before the flight, but in 2015 I had no problem to book within one hour of departure. It is usually ticketed within 5 minutes.

In 2015, I met a guy who booked the one-zone pass to fly 100+ eligible segments for SK Diamond. I guess that's why they changed the rule in 2016 (& 2017).

As a side note, I found it more fun to traverse all the airports WF flies, at least the first time. I did my grand tour of 43 Norwegian airports with 74 segments in 2015: http://openflights.org/trip/25117.
Sir, I have the luxury to hear about your story today. Quite amazing. I’m now tempted to do a single zone run on WF next year.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Too bad it doesn’t earn miles and segments anymore like it used to, but even just for the sake of it it could be very fun.

Maybe one could try retrospectively claiming the miles and segment coubt for each segment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.