Wiki Posts
Search

A glass of water?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by UltraRant
I think long haul Plus is different from short haul. Haven't seen them taking notes anywhere on long haul plus.
AFAIK they give out 1 bottle per pax on Go long haul which is more humane than short haul. I guess that's all you get, if you run out then you are SOL.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by nacho
AFAIK they give out 1 bottle per pax on Go long haul which is more humane than short haul. I guess that's all you get, if you run out then you are SOL.
Long haul Go they go through the cabin regularly with large bottles and plastic cups of water.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raldat
Long haul Go they go through the cabin regularly with large bottles and plastic cups of water.
Not the 2 flights I have taken with them, once to the US and once to China.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:26 am

On long haul Plus once and they gave out drinks without taking any note/inputting anything into their machines.

I think the issue with water - whether you get it or not highly dependent on how to crew feel about it - it just like toys for the kids, sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't (even if you ask).

Once again - inconsistency.
On all my <1h SAS flights I've been offered water for free where ever I've been seated.

If I fly more than 1hr I'm not choosing SAS.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:52 am

I have even taken my empty bottle to the back and asked them to fill it up and have been looked after no problem (on long haul).
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:27 am

Having seen this thread, I specifically noticed the following table:

http://www.sas.dk/en/sas-global/go-plus/nordic-europe/

Note that for Go, 'coffee & tea' is listed as free (water not mentioned) whereas 'food & drinks' is fee-based. I guess based on this they can technically claim that water is a drink that is not free in Go.

I find it scandalous. Unlimited water should be available in all classes, particularly as one is no longer permitted to take water through security. I used to always carry my own 1 1/2 liter plastic bottle onto flights when flying economy which I finished along with the multiple small bottles that I took each time they came around with them.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I find it scandalous. Unlimited water should be available in all classes, particularly as one is no longer permitted to take water through security. I used to always carry my own 1 1/2 liter plastic bottle onto flights when flying economy which I finished along with the multiple small bottles that I took each time they came around with them.
Can't agree more - it's crazy that they think everyone is caffeine addict including small kids

The liquid policy is the real scammer here IMO. Think about all the bottles of water they sell for DKK 20 at CPH
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
A few weeks back in plus cph-muc, I asked for a BOTTLE of water, was given a glass only
I was not in the mood for arguing, so let it go.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Can't agree more - it's crazy that they think everyone is caffeine addict including small kids

The liquid policy is the real scammer here IMO. Think about all the bottles of water they sell for DKK 20 at CPH
True that. There should at least be free filling stations to get cold water on all Nordic airports to your own bottle.

Trend now is to have automatic taps also in restrooms so no option to fill from there..
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Furry
True that. There should at least be free filling stations to get cold water on all Nordic airports to your own bottle.

Trend now is to have automatic taps also in restrooms so no option to fill from there..
I don't mind getting water from a tap as long as it's cold - now really a lot of toilets everywhere have warm water Sometimes too warm that my kids were screaming when they wash their hands.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver

It's absolutely interesting to see what happens on board an SK flight when children are given two cups of coffee with an abundant amount of sugar. I bet all SK FA's just LOVE this.

The deli next to the smaller Joe and the Juice (the one with the black and green logo) has had a long term offer with 2 bottles for 30 DKK. Not sure if it's still there, haven't been to CPH for a few weeks now. Still a lot, but better than 1 for 20. Also WH Smith used to have such offers, on and off.

Also, I always bring an empty bottle with me nowadays when I'm not on a flight with full meal or drink service and/or lounge access. In CPH you actually have a few restrooms (for example the one downstairs from the sports bar) which have a dedicated cold water tap. I use them to fill my bottle. In OSL there are quite a few dedicated fountains (already just behind the security control).
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I don't mind getting water from a tap as long as it's cold - now really a lot of toilets everywhere have warm water Sometimes too warm that my kids were screaming when they wash their hands.
I know this problem. CPH has a few restrooms with dedicated cold water taps. Identified 3 so far: one below the Irish sports bar, one around gate A7 and one beyond passport control.

Most of those sensor activated toilets have a small little handle on the side, sometimes no more than one centimeter. It can be used to adjust the water temperature.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UltraRant
I know this problem. CPH has a few restrooms with dedicated cold water taps. Identified 3 so far: one below the Irish sports bar, one around gate A7 and one beyond passport control.

Most of those sensor activated toilets have a small little handle on the side, sometimes no more than one centimeter. It can be used to adjust the water temperature.
I tried to get cold water from the taps at the SK lounge toilet at CPH but the sinks are too small to get my bottle under it. The cold water coming from the multi-dispenser has a taste of other drinks there - my kids don't like it.

I know those handles but they are not always there - sometimes they don't have them. Once I was in a toilet at CPH close to BK and it was only warm water from the tap, fortunately there was a tap at the side that is for getting water into a bucket (I think it's for cleaning use), that tap has only cold water.

I found more and more toilets in various places in DK and even UK has only warm water coming out from taps. I guess they want people to buy drinks instead of drinking tap water.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Grab some bottles of water in the lounge and fill up your own container using those? The ARN lounge has a tap at least.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Grab some bottles of water in the lounge and fill up your own container using those? The ARN lounge has a tap at least.
Only been to the domestic one and yes they do have cold taps. That works, but not at CPH lounge because of the tiny sinks - anything more than 300ml wouldn't fit.

We have a real need for water when we fly with SK since they only provide caffeine hot drinks. We barely managed with 1 bottle each in GO when we flew long haul - I gave mine up and let Mr. and the kids shared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.