Wiki Posts
Search

How many points??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
How many points??

Flight to CPH in GO earned us 5500 points each.

Flight home: We bought Go. Paid cash for upgrade to Go Plus; GA put us in Business. We got 5500 points each.

I think we should have earned 11,000 each ??

Am I correct?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Paid cash at check-in or how?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

yes; paid cash for upgrade at gate.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Ah. Maybe more experienced guys can advice whether that is different or you may call SK and ask. Whatever the case, if not eligible for double points, then it is not inline with op-upgrades (I have got double) or optiontown so I would fight for it a bit.

Nice to hear though you could buy an upgrade. Did not know. You may share how much you paid?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Short answer: 1999 DKK from Go to Go Plus. It was 3999 for Go to Business.

We were not offered the option of paying for upgrade on first flight, SFO to CPH. You would with points: 15,000 to Go Plus and 40,000 to Business, which we didn't have.

[I didn't pursue it then; perhaps I should have, but that is in the past now.]

My saga is on the optiontown thread.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Now I am wondering if we should have even gotten any points since the tickets were paid half cash and half points....
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
According to SK websites and recent discussions on the forum, the C+P tickets now earn points (which is cool).

I do not recall whether upgrades for cash have any published rules about them, so hard to say what points you should have gotten.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:02 am
Original Poster

LOL - I was the one who stated they had gotten points for C+P
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by DebitNM
LOL - I was the one who stated they had gotten points for C+P
Yes but not the only one, I believe. Also see here: http://www.sas.dk/en/eurobonus/spend.../Book-flights/ (the "best availability" column, the last bullet says: "earn points")
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:43 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Points are given for original booking class

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Flight to CPH in GO earned us 5500 points each.

Flight home: We bought Go. Paid cash for upgrade to Go Plus; GA put us in Business. We got 5500 points each.

I think we should have earned 11,000 each ??

Am I correct?
AFAIK the only upgrade that is supposed to give the points for the upgraded class is the Optiontown-upgrade.

Upgrade for points, for cash at gate/check-in or free op-ups (as you were given from the GA from Plus to Business) give the points for the originally booked class. P + C should not change this.

So, I think you got the correct amount of points for your R/T: 5500 each way each.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
I used to regularly upgrade for cash on the ORD-CPH flight. It wasn't possible the other way. Upgrade for cash or for points has never changed the booking class, and as ksu states - it's only the booking class that determines the points. The only way to change the booking class is to change the ticket, paying the penalty charges (depending on the booking class conditions) and actual difference of ticket prices. It can be done, but would never be a good deal.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Talked to CS this morning and they said that the original booking class was T and the paid upgrade at the gate didn't change the class. So, 5500 points were correct, though the service rep suggested filling in the missing points form online. I guess I will try that, but since there is no place on the form for comments, I figure it will get me nowhere. I did post a message on SAS's Facebook page, as I have had luck doing that with other airlines and hotels.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:36 pm

According to the terms and conditions for at standby upgrade, you are only entitled to points based on the original booking class:

"The original ticketed class applies as basis for point accrual."

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...ms_conditions/

However, this refers to a point upgrade where as you paid with cash.
I'm not aware of a public price list for cash upgrades (nor terms and conditions for that service). I suppose you can plead with customer care, that the terms were not disclosed to you and you have not received the service you expected.

But I have to admit, I have few expectations to their customer care after it was outsourced.
They are very friendly on the phone but written inquiries often result in a predefined (non) answer and a reply to those mails are left unanswered.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

The link you provided showed points earned in regard to upgrade paid with points.

"However, this refers to a point upgrade where as you paid with cash." This gives me a bit of hope. SAS replied via FB that it is based on original booked class but gave me an email address where I could further pursue it.
Old May 6, 2014, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Update: Final word - points based on original booking class. I tried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.