Search

BCN milage run

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
BCN milage run

Hi,

A few of us is going to BCN next week on a milage run, can we just wait at the gate or do we need to clear customs/immigration before we board again?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
Originally Posted by sohb
Hi,

A few of us is going to BCN next week on a milage run, can we just wait at the gate or do we need to clear customs/immigration before we board again?
Yes, you can just wait at the gate, no customs or immigration. You also have time for a short trip to the Sala Lounge.
Perfect destination for a turnaround.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by aboerr
Yes, you can just wait at the gate, no customs or immigration. You also have time for a short trip to the Sala Lounge.
Perfect destination for a turnaround.
Most spanish airports are excellent for EuroBonus mileage runs, are you deboard into the arrivals hall... (Plus the 4k EB-points per leg, of course)
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
I am doing exact the same in a couple of weeks. Also PRG is good for that part and it is often cheap to fly SAS Plus to PRG.

It was one of the most popular destinations for the promo last year "fly two times SAS Plus and get a EBG".

In and out on same flight - yes we are a stupid kind of people :-)

/Henrik
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
MAD airport mileage run

Instead of BCN, is MAD airport suitable for mileage run? I´d have 5min time there.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Yes. MAD is like BCN. Walking off the plane, you just turn around and walk back on again. No customs or immigration required.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold
BCN milage run

Is PRG the same, just turn around at the gate, no immigration?
Old May 18, 2014, 8:53 am

Thanks for MAD info. A bit weird question: how the crew reacts - "hi, I´m back again" - when you board the same plane back?
Old May 18, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: *G
I'm going to avoid that reaction by routing CPH-BCN-ARN-CPH, which at the same time gives me a 738 back, which should have wifi too, but yes interesting question :P
The worst that can happen is that they will know you're crazy?
Old May 18, 2014, 9:31 am

Or just wanted to make an ordinary weekday for more different this time
Old May 18, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Thanks for MAD info. A bit weird question: how the crew reacts - "hi, I´m back again" - when you board the same plane back?
Best was when we were four people (not knowing each other) all on Mileage run to MAD once. The crew was almost shocked that someone would return with the same plane, even more that there were four people independently of each other doing the same. Also had a really interested purser on a OSL-ALC-OSL MR once.

Can't wait for the three MR trips planned from OSL to ATH the next couple of weeks...
Old May 18, 2014, 10:08 am

Nice to know. Let´s see what happens on my MR HEL-CPH-MAD in June.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
I did the Milage run to Barcelona in April. They looked kinda surprised when I was back, but they did not say anything. If they would have asked I was just going to say I had a brief meeting in the Airport and needed to sign some papers
Old May 18, 2014, 10:43 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by diesel2k
I did the Milage run to Barcelona in April. They looked kinda surprised when I was back, but they did not say anything. If they would have asked I was just going to say I had a brief meeting in the Airport and needed to sign some papers
Well, the Barcelona turn-around to get status was described in the largest Norwegian newspaper, Aftenposten in March, so I would think that the surprise was somewhat subdued. The Prague variant is also decribed.

(Perhaps some of the posters in this thread are among those interviewed?)
Old May 18, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by John in the tower
Is PRG the same, just turn around at the gate, no immigration?
Yes in PRG you just turn around at the gate. So no immigration.

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Best was when we were four people (not knowing each other) all on Mileage run to MAD once. The crew was almost shocked that someone would return with the same plane, even more that there were four people independently of each other doing the same. Also had a really interested purser on a OSL-ALC-OSL MR once.

Can't wait for the three MR trips planned from OSL to ATH the next couple of weeks...
During the 2 T/R in Plus for gold campaign in the fall we were 8 on CPH-ALC-CPH without knowing each other. The crew thought it was quite fun to hear about why we did it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.