Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Don't be fooled by the usual standard of UA lounges in the US - the one in LHR really is excellent, as good as anything LH offers in Senator lounges. The food is more than reasonable (and hot), the drink range is fairly extensive, there's a decent amount of room at most times and the staff are friendly and helpful. I'm confident you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Have to admit that this was indeed the case, pleasantly surprised! I'll be revisiting this lounge as it's nothing compared to their US Domestic versions. I've been to UA "long haul" lounges in the international terminals of JFK and SFO while flying on different airlines and those are royal disappointments compared to this.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Have to admit that this was indeed the case, pleasantly surprised! I'll be revisiting this lounge as it's nothing compared to their US Domestic versions. I've been to UA "long haul" lounges in the international terminals of JFK and SFO while flying on different airlines and those are royal disappointments compared to this.
They don't have different lounges for long haul in the US so in effect they are domestic lounges. UA has an ok lounge in NRT, but I preferred ANA lounges. Back in the day they had a lounge at FRA, which as also just ok. No food though.

Up until 2008, UA had a lounge in T3. It was dated but it was ok. In the early 2000s UA was in bankruptcy and then they probably knew about the new terminal 2 plans and the temporary move to T1. I stopped going there circa 2003 when the SAS London Lounge opened. The Star Alliance lounge in T1 was dominated by United and I thought it was quite nice. I liked the decor with Eames Aluminum chairs. Had ok food too.

Last edited by gnaget; Sep 23, 2014 at 8:50 am
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I really liked the *A lounge in T1. I am actually quite sad to see it go away. I tried the UA NRT lounge ca. 2008 or 2009. It was quite terrible. Just a huge space with oversized soft chairs. The furniture was nowhere modern or appealing. There was no food. I would have probably liked it if I had to stop for a few hours of work, but for a short moment to relax before flight it was useless.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Went to the PP Lounge in T2 today. Great food, nice ambience, plenty of space - and easy to get to.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:38 pm

I saw a note of the number of flight SAS have from T2 - there were far fewer flights on Saturday than on Mon- Fri and slightly fewer on Sundays - what does it do with the slots at the weekend? Rent them to someone else?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Do they own weekend slots as well? Do they have to buy all slots every day?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Had a brief time in the LH Senator lounge this morning. At reception they were handing out sparkling wine, fresh smoothies and some muffins, but at 5.30am I wasnt very perceptive to human contact.

As *G you are given a card to access the Senators Lounge, which is located at the back of the LH Business Class lounge. It is considerably smaller than the business lounge, but the food and drink offerings appeared to be the same (from distance).

Senator lounge is bright and modern. 4 reds and 2 white wines available along with a good liquor selection. 2 beers on tap, budweiser and another. Hot food selection for breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, beans and a vegetarian type patty. Bread for toast, croissants, some meats and cheeses too.

The good news is they have a large pot of gummy bears

Cold juices etc, small handmade yogurt pots with toppings of various flavours.

Seating areas were very diverse. So lounger style single seats, some small cubbyhole type areas and general seating.

Superior to the old T3 SAS lounge and with a much better selection of food, drink, seating and visible staff. So a definite upgrade!!!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:47 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Had a brief time in the LH Senator lounge this morning. At reception they were handing out sparkling wine, fresh smoothies and some muffins, but at 5.30am I wasnt very perceptive to human contact.
So looks like we were in the lounge together at the same then...

I also liked the lounge much better than the SK T3 lounge. Nice colour tones, without being overly cold and grey like some LH lounges.

The lounge looked quite small considering it is to be the main lounge for the T2A (European) departures. Admittedly there are many more options in T2B, but I think most punters would not be bothered to walk the distance.

I also wonder how long the process of showing your *G card at reception, getting an extra electronic card to open the door to the Senator section will last. Seems like an unnecessary bureaucracy to me.

Only English and German papers available in the morning. Talking to the lounge staff Swedish papers arrive on the first flight in from GOT in the morning, so realistically available after 9AM.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by THD
I also wonder how long the process of showing your *G card at reception, getting an extra electronic card to open the door to the Senator section will last. Seems like an unnecessary bureaucracy to me.
Agree, but unfortunately think it is inevitable if you want to restrict all other than *G - in OSL for instance, where there is a Gold lounge behind the Business lounge, with no access control, it is common that it is overcrowded by people who are not *G and at times making it difficult to find a seat! Trust is good, control is better
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Do you actually have to show the card? Or does a scan of the BP suffice?

Showing of *G cards, even though it is clearly on your BP and in the computer system, was an old LH annoyance. But it ended 2012 even at the MUC and FRA hubs.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Pandion1Haliaetus
Agree, but unfortunately think it is inevitable if you want to restrict all other than *G - in OSL for instance, where there is a Gold lounge behind the Business lounge, with no access control, it is common that it is overcrowded by people who are not *G and at times making it difficult to find a seat! Trust is good, control is better
Not inevitable, but a side effect of "bad" lounge layout. Dual lounges with one gatekeeper is handled well at e.g. ARN, CPH and several LH lounges across Europe.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Also tried it on the first flight from LHR to CPH this morning - it seems together with a few others in here.
It was a good experience overall.
Food was good.
I did have to show my EBD card to get access to senator area, which was a bit annoying, but the lady at the front told me it was likely to get solved.
Lets see if the food standard remains as it was today, but fingers crossed.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:18 am

Strange I didnt need to show my EBG card like some others. Will check again next Monday morning.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: SK-EBD
According to Bussinessclass.dk Plaza Premium lounge is no longer an option.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
According to Bussinessclass.dk Plaza Premium lounge is no longer an option.
It was only ever the option until the LH lounge opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.