Wiki Posts
Search

SAS at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
45 min. minimum connection time for flights in and out of T2

It's now 10 days until SAS moves to T2:

The move has a direct impact on my UA trip to LAX from CPH in November. When SAS is in T2, the minimum connection time for a flight departing from T2 is reduced from an hour and 30 minutes to just 45 minutes. This allows me to get a trip that starts in CPH at 7:45 in the morning and land 14 hours later in LA at 13:50. A huge improvement. My original flight landed at 20:30 and was via ZRH and IAD.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
incidentally I had a lot of trouble to book this CPH-ZRH-IAD connection on UA and SK recently. SK would not confirm the ZRH-CPH segment on united stock. I have spent hours calling UA and SK trying to fix the ticket. It is amazing how incompetent all the agents are. In the end when it cancelled itself (due to unconfirmed segement) I booked my route with AA. I have limited patience for incompetence.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:55 pm

Lokking forward to the senator lounge!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
My first SAS flight from T2 is on the 15th September, so will be back with any useful information i gain on the lounges etc.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gakke
It's now 10 days until SAS moves to T2:

The move has a direct impact on my UA trip to LAX from CPH in November. When SAS is in T2, the minimum connection time for a flight departing from T2 is reduced from an hour and 30 minutes to just 45 minutes. This allows me to get a trip that starts in CPH at 7:45 in the morning and land 14 hours later in LA at 13:50. A huge improvement. My original flight landed at 20:30 and was via ZRH and IAD.
Using the excat same routing in oct ^. Hope it leaves enough time to try out the united club in LHR, even though it might be a bit early for a drink

Originally Posted by wazow
incidentally I had a lot of trouble to book this CPH-ZRH-IAD connection on UA and SK recently. SK would not confirm the ZRH-CPH segment on united stock. I have spent hours calling UA and SK trying to fix the ticket. It is amazing how incompetent all the agents are. In the end when it cancelled itself (due to unconfirmed segement) I booked my route with AA. I have limited patience for incompetence.
I had the same problem with united ticket with the SK segment LHR-CPH. Seems like a big issue they advertise tickets they can't sell, not sure where the problem is, but they where the problem is but it's crazy when they still advertise the tickets 3 weeks after they have realised they can't sell them.
I tried 2 united agents, first was useless and couldn't find alternative that was less than 2x original price, second one at least tried different code shares, but still no luck. I ended up going through IAD and FRA, and leaving LAX at 6:22 instead of ~3pm. This was also ~$50 more expensive, and a bit fewer points because of LH segment, but I guess I save that money on "sleeping" in the airport....
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Not sure about that. Would presume all *A lounges should allow all *G members in? Perhaps you know more than I do (most likely)
Both the SQ and AC lounges show the *A Gold logo, so they should let all *G members in.
According to the *A site, the AC lounge is open 05.00-22.00.
No times for the SQ lounge in T2.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
My first SAS flight from T2 is on the 15th September, so will be back with any useful information i gain on the lounges etc.
You're just going to miss the Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge opening on the 17th.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
You're just going to miss the Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge opening on the 17th.
Its OK, I am back through again on the 24th
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Mjoellnir
Lokking forward to the senator lounge!
I'm not - but hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Will T2 allow for security-less connections if we fly ARN/CPH/OSL-LHR-USA and return?

I guess the question is can they segregate US and EU arriving passengers with the new terminal?

That would be a huge plus.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gnaget
Will T2 allow for security-less connections if we fly ARN/CPH/OSL-LHR-USA and return?

I guess the question is can they segregate US and EU arriving passengers with the new terminal?

That would be a huge plus.
Current UK regulations require security rescreening for all connecting passengers originating outside the UK. T2 does not accommodate sterile international connections because they would not be permitted.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: EBG, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Elite
Currently in SAS Lounge in T3. There are cupcakes to celebrate the last day in the old terminal...

Last edited by llunow; Sep 9, 2014 at 12:18 pm
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by 14940674
Current UK regulations require security rescreening for all connecting passengers originating outside the UK. T2 does not accommodate sterile international connections because they would not be permitted.
Wow, they haven't changed that yet? They actually think that their screening is better than Sweden and Germany. Pathetic or just a make work scheme.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:41 am

And it will be in the satellite so a 30 minute round trip for flights leaving from the main terminal (as most European flights will). Also if it is full, or expected to be full - eg just before an A380 departs, they will not let other passengers in.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by gnaget
Wow, they haven't changed that yet? They actually think that their screening is better than Sweden and Germany. Pathetic or just a make work scheme.
Indeed they do and you just have to watch to see that it's not effective and staffed by some of the rudest people imaginable. I think it is a job creation programme for those who would otherwise be unemployable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.