Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS at LHR T2

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The original, now under construction, T5 ARN lounge has hardly anything to offer. Overcrowded, ...... wifi, uneatable food and appalling machine coffee.

There is a very small though not terrible selection of booze which is the only positive item.

Have to give them credit for "kanelbullar day" the one day of the year there is something to eat.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 am

SAS at LHR T2

In The Singapore t2b lounge just now. All Worked Well, worth The long walk for a free meal and a Singapore sling mixed by The bartender on duty. Plenty Of Good and a good selection of cocktails and drinks.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
A pragmatic question to our LHR experts here: departing 6.40am from LHR on SK. Is there any lounge I can have breakfast at this our? Which is my best option? Obviously I won't be there too early. Or should I try to grab coffee and muffin on the way to Heathrow? I have no idea which gates SK uses in LHR. I am there way too rarely to remember.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by wazow
A pragmatic question to our LHR experts here: departing 6.40am from LHR on SK. Is there any lounge I can have breakfast at this our? Which is my best option? Obviously I won't be there too early. Or should I try to grab coffee and muffin on the way to Heathrow? I have no idea which gates SK uses in LHR. I am there way too rarely to remember.
LH lounge opens at 0500. Since most SK flights depart from 2A, that's your lounge!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by wazow
Standard procedure at LHR is to announce gates only 30 minutes before departure, which is terrible for the 10-20% of the 6.40 am flights, which leave from the B gates.

Consequently what you should consider doing is to go to the ticket desk and ask them where the plane is. They can look it up as it has arrived the previous evening and will usually do that if you ask nicely.

Then if the plane leaves from the A gates, you should go to the LH lounge.

If the plane leaves from the B gates you should go to the United Lounge.

SQ is now also open early in the morning, but in my opinion the United Lounge has better food, interior, and service (I know, probably the only place in the world where United has a better lounge than Singapore Airlines).
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
Consequently what you should consider doing is to go to the ticket desk and ask them where the plane is. They can look it up as it has arrived the previous evening and will usually do that if you ask nicely.
Alternatively you can look the aircraft id and look at what gate it parked on its previous flight using one of the many apps or websites logging that information.

If you're departing on a US carrier you can see it in their apps. Specifically the United app allows you to see back almost indefinitely on where the aircraft has been previously.

As you mentioned, the gate information is often known well in advance but simply not displayed to passengers through the screens until the 30minute threshold which is completely absurd. Potentially even worse at other terminals, having to make the journey from the wrong T5A lounge to T5C just to find a last minute gate change to T5B provides a sight seeing tour of half the country.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 4:17 pm
Suspended

As to your point, Moose, I'm still convinced LHR T2B departures use Gatwick's runway.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:27 am

No doubt, LHR is simply terrible as a start/destination. I'm still unsure how BA went from 3x daily ARN-LCY to none.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
No doubt, LHR is simply terrible as a start/destination. I'm still unsure how BA went from 3x daily ARN-LCY to none.
No CPH-LCY either. God, I'm glad I've been almost LHR free for months now.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
LHR T2 lounge options

I seem to remember seeing a thread on here about an unfortunate gentleman who was turned away from one *G lounge at LHR T2A and advised to go to T2B or the other way around?

This will be the first time I have the time to sample the lounge offerings at T2 and I would prefer not to be running around the two terminals like a mad man.

I'm departing on SK1516 if that makes any difference.

Thank you
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:47 am

Use the LH or UA lounge and you won't encounter any problems.

Some people have had different results in the SQ lounge, I've personally never had any issues getting in (anywhere).
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:48 am

You can use the LH lounge, UA lounge, AC lounge and in theory the SQ lounge. Anyway, SQ is known for sending people away... (I never had any issues getting in)

It is quite a long walk from the T2A to T2B so I recommend to use LH lounge if you have a flight departing from A and the United Club for flights departing at B.

SK usually has a A gate, so the LH lounge will do fine.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:39 am

Fantastic, thank you
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: Miles & More (LH), BA, AA, Eurobonus : IHG One Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Live Limitless
On a related topic, does anyone know please if the staff in the LH lounge at T2 are aware that EBS members are permitted to enter SK lounges in July/Aug and over the Christmas period. My wife has just gained Silver and we are flying to OSL next month.

I am concerned that because it is not primarily an SK lounge, the reception staff may not be aware of this (appreciate that most posters here are Gold or Diamond if not Pandion, but we all have to start somewhere!)

Many thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Cornish Exile
On a related topic, does anyone know please if the staff in the LH lounge at T2 are aware that EBS members are permitted to enter SK lounges in July/Aug and over the Christmas period. My wife has just gained Silver and we are flying to OSL next month.

I am concerned that because it is not primarily an SK lounge, the reception staff may not be aware of this (appreciate that most posters here are Gold or Diamond if not Pandion, but we all have to start somewhere!)

Many thanks.
I just asked at the front desk of the LH lounge, and I got the impression he'd been asked this before, and the answer was no, it is only at SAS operated lounges that EBS will get you in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.