Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Revised food & beverage offering for Go / Plus & Business starting Q2/2014

Revised food & beverage offering for Go / Plus & Business starting Q2/2014

Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by wazow
I often missed the ability to charge the drink "to-my-seat" in the same style as it is customary to charge "to-your-room" in hotels. Then I just would needed to sign a slip of paper from the FA.
+1. Would be an innovative idea.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Remember SK is just one fuel price hike away from bankruptcy [...] The pre-boarding drinks are taxed and not duty free, so SK is serving 5 glasses of bubbly there
Seems like they've been writing black digits for a while now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandin...usiness_trends

And with the Norwegian alcohol prices you'd only be allowed to look at the bottle for 5 Euro.

Originally Posted by wazow
I often missed the ability to charge the drink "to-my-seat" in the same style as it is customary to charge "to-your-room" in hotels. Then I just would needed to sign a slip of paper from the FA.
I'll bet that, within one day, someone will fraud on that. If you go to the toilet, I'll pick your seat, order a bottle of champagne, sign with your seat number and move back to my seat (or to a random empty seat if the load is not 100%) and enjoy my free booze there. You won't know until you receive a bill after landing, when I'll be long gone.
The 'I' in this case is of course fully hypothetical, as I'm perfectly able to buy my own drinks and I don't drink booze on 30.000+ft.

Originally Posted by fassy
For me it would be okay if alcohol on all airlines in all service classes are banned permanently. I also enjoy a good wine or drink during the C meal service or a good honest beer after a long day of work flying back home - but I have seen too many people who get boozed up in the lounge, barely make it to their seats and continue to drink like they are sitting in a bar.

Usually the FA should keep an eye on intoxicated passengers but to my experience they don't and just hand out another whisky or wine. Espacially in LH economy to the US I have seen it a lot of times that some larger groups (usualy groups of young men) get drunk pretty bad and nobody cares. Even more fun are OpUps into C when people like this think they now need to try every single drink they get offered, getting loud and annoying.

Personaly I do not enjoy sitting close to this guys. I hate even sitting in a train or bus next to a guy who smells like a bum living on cheap booze and behaves like an idiot. On a train or bus at least I usually have the option to move to some other seat - pretty difficult on a airplane and also the ride is probably not 2 hours but at least 8.

Not to think about saftey, like in an emergency...

Anyway, I know probably 99% of all travelers do not share this opinion and enjoy getting served alcohol on flights. So be it
I always wanted to say this: I'm the 1%!

Anyway, I must be your neighbor on a lot of flights as my experiences are very similar. I have nothing to add here.

Anyway, I wouldn't miss the alcohol, really. I hardly take any alcohol myself on long haul, for a few reasons. I can't imagine that selling beer at 'reasonable' prices would stop anyone from buying, nor will it stop incidental travelers (especially in Scandinavia) from choosing SK. It may scare off a few frequent flyers who really enjoy some booze. Remember that the best known alternative here in Norway is DY, who even ask about 1000NOK just for a checked in bag, a meal and a drink on a return flight with their long haul product, so 30 NOK for a can of beer is survivable. Plus that Scandinavians aren't used to cheap, let alone free alcohol. I don't think it'd stop many American customers either, as for example *A partner UA has the same practice for what I know (and at even higher prices)...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Seems like they've been writing black digits for a while now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandin...usiness_trends
SK narrowly averted bankruptcy last summer. If you look at the investor relations presentation from the other thread it looks like they have a long way to go till they are stable...

India banned the serving of alcohol on all domestic flights after people got rowdy in when private operators differentiated themselves with full service and free flowing booze back in the 90s. I'm sure nordic regulators will be happy to comply and institute such rules. Please ask your representative at the next town hall meeting!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Yes, SAS Finnish site says that up to three alcohol drinks are included during meal service in GO long haul.
I think not anymore

"Tarjoamme ruokaa ja juotavaa lennolla Aasiaan tai Yhdysvaltoihin. Ylennoilla ennen laskeutumista tarjoillaan aamiainen ja pivlennoilla kevyt ateria. Alkoholittomat ruokajuomat sisltyvt SAS Go -lipun hintaan. Alkoholijuomia voi ostaa Our Cafsta. Siell myydn mys pikkupurtavaa, virvokkeita, tuoremehua ja makeisia aterioiden vlill."

http://www.flysas.com/fi/travel-info...lights/SAS-Go/
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: SAS EBG, EK Gold, GF Gold, CC Gold, BW Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor
More problematic is the damn lack of chocolate muffins on theC CPH-SFO route! I flew it in early december and they told us they were sold out. Flew it again last week and the same story. This time she said that they arent being made anymore which buggles my mind since i had plenty of them on my last trip to BHX 3 weeks ago :S
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Thumbs down

It is not good The text on the web site was true - they are removing the drinks from SAS Go.

On March 1st it should be over as they are removing the service of Wine/Beer during the meal service.

Source: http://bonusfeber.dk/sas-skaerer-ser...-langruter-go/
(danish link)

Br,
HerrO
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by herro
It is not good The text on the web site was true - they are removing the drinks from SAS Go.

On March 1st it should be over as they are removing the service of Wine/Beer during the meal service.

Source: http://bonusfeber.dk/sas-skaerer-ser...-langruter-go/
(danish link)

Br,
HerrO
They were just too quick in putting it in the production environment...
Where did they announce it? Or just communicated to TAs or travel business insiders?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They were just too quick in putting it in the production environment...
Where did they announce it? Or just communicated to TAs or travel business insiders?
This was indeed a bad display to published because some web master did not know about the time line and know they have to change it again to a "new launch" in a week or so.

It was lauched internally in SAS late this week to all cabin crews flying TATL.

Br,
HerrO
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:01 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Revised food offering from 1 March

Press release from SK announcing changes to food offering from 1 March.

Short haul
- Offering simplified 2 categories into intra-nordic and European flights.
- Breakfast in SAS Go for domestic routes is no longer free. Can be purchased as per European routes.
- SAS Plus on European routes will now have an option of hot dinner on evening departures with hot bread and drinks served in Orrefors glass.
- Cafe selection will still be available free of charge for SAS plus

Intercontinental routes
- Champagne before departure reintroduced on SAS Business for intercontinental routes
- SAS Go passengers will be provided a bottle of water at seat for intercontinental routes, alcohol free drinks provided with meals.
- Alcoholic drinks remain free of charge in SAS Plus and SAS Business
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:55 am

SAS adjusts and improves onboard offering from 1st of March 2014

http://news.cision.com/sas/r/sas-adj...ering,c9544080

As a part of the continuous development of SAS' service concept, SAS has
developed the onboard food and beverage offering to improve the customer
experience. The adjustments follow a broad customer survey and are introduced
from beginning of March and onwards.
In June 2013 SAS launched the new service concept SAS Go & Plus which has been
overall well-received by SAS customers. A customer survey, with more than 4500
respondents, shows that the customers appreciate SAS Go & Plus for its
simplicity and 85% of the customers are positive or neutral to the concept.
Furthermore, they suggest to streamline and improve the offering additionally.

There are three main initiatives in the development of SAS Go & Plus:
Improvements of the food and beverage offering; adjustments of onboard concept
and clarification of the difference between SAS Go & SAS Plus.

- We introduced SAS Go & Plus to make travel easier for our customers. By
clarifying and improving our on board offering we want to ensure a pleasant and
joyful overall experience for customers when they choose SAS says Snorre
Andresen, Vice President Product Management and Development at SAS.

The first changes to the onboard concept come into effect 1 March and again on
20 March. The improvements of meals are ongoing.

Facts about improvements and adjustments

SAS improves food experience on board
SAS customers appreciate proper meals on longer flights, and snacks and
beverages on shorter flights. SAS reduces the number of menu variants and
introduces a more clear concept for flights within Europe: one for the Nordic
region and one for flights to Europe.

SAS Plus includes a new evening meal and drinks served in classic
Orreforsglass
Warm bread with the meal.
The cafe offers a selection of fresh food, such as sandwiches salads and hot
wraps.
The cafe menu is continually updated with seasonal news.

Improvements and adjustments to intercontinental onboard offerings
The dining experience will be enhanced on intercontinental flights for SAS Go &
Plus and Business.

All meals will be renewed or enhanced and the food presentation improved
with new design and packaging.
Along with other treats, pre-departure champagne will be re-introduced in
Business. SAS Go includes pre-departure still water and one non-alcoholic drink
together with meals. Alcoholic beverages are included in SAS Business and Plus,
and are for sale in SAS Go

SAS clarifies the difference between SAS Go and Plus
SAS Plus includes everything, also food and drinks onboard, and with SAS Go food
and drinks are for purchase.

Breakfast included in SAS Plus and available for purchase in SAS Go. It is
possible to buy breakfast with EuroBonus points.
Coffee, tea and newspaper are as always included for all travelers with SAS.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:11 am

Post to this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...our-meals.html

Only one non-alcohol drink is included in SAS GO intercontinental route with a meal. Read from thread link above
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
A friend of mine was on CPH-SFO yesterday in GO. He told me that a lot of pax were extremely unhappy with the changes (especially no wine or beer with the meal) in GO so the FA's had to take a lot of heat. Poor them as they are just the messengers. Not everyone travelling SK is a frequent flyer updated with the latest changes in service concepts so this must have been an unpleasant surprise for all those looking forward to a beer or a glass of wine with the meal. Especially when this kind of service is still standard on most other airlines when flying IC.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Do Go pax have to pay for water during the flight? I am guessing that water is available for free or it would be over the top. "Non-alcoholic drinks" is essentially canned soda pop.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
At least it was communicated that you get a bottle of water at boarding time, which was a practice for some time, wasn't it. I hardly need more (if a drink for meals is included on top of that). But I can imagine that people that prefer to spend time in toilets to sleeping might find it disappointing
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:52 pm

Confirmed

On my trip back from SFO this week all alcoholic drinks in Economy were to be paid for

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.