Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: SK*G
Plus on LN-RKP?

Hello,

I just booked a trip from CPH-ORD (SK943 on Mon Sep 14th) in SAS Plus and looking at the seat reservation on SAS, the layout is 2-4-2 starting at row 11.

Presume this is the non-plus LN-RKP. I'm sure I read on this forum that SAS were no longer selling Plus or upgrading Plus passengers to C (if room!), but can't find the thread.

Does anybody know what happens or do I just claim some points for the inconvenience and paying more for less?!

Maybe I even get lucky as an EBD after reading about complimentary upgrades

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:30 am

So far they did not upgrade to C, they just comped with around 15.000 points (like a GO to Plus upgrade) if you complain hard enough. As EBD there might be chance you get a comp. upgrade based on the new system, but so far it has not worked for me
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by fassy
So far they did not upgrade to C, they just comped with around 15.000 points (like a GO to Plus upgrade) if you complain hard enough. As EBD there might be chance you get a comp. upgrade based on the new system, but so far it has not worked for me
I was on this plane back in May from ORD-CPH. Was in Go and did a points upgrade to C. EF had C pretty empty and my upgrade cleared 24 or so hours in advance.

When I got on the plane C was totally full. The guy next to me (Chinese American) travelling with his whole extended family on a tour group (cruise), told me they all got comped from Plus to C.

Looks like they got comped and I suspect a few others did as well. They cleared points upgrades first though.

I cant recall now what Go was like. It is possible Go was oversold and they needed the space for that.

Unsure how this will impact the OPs experience but they seem to be doing it sometimes at least.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Interesting. The one time I flew Plus on that plane was on a revenue ticket and I didn't get upgraded. Biz wasn't overloaded, Go was, so several pax got bumped to Plus (including the woman next to me, that's how I know), so Plus was pretty full as well. But I didn't see anyone getting a complimentary upgrade to biz, though... Anyway, I've since managed to avoid this bird like the plague.

I got 15.000 points compensation, though...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Interesting. The one time I flew Plus on that plane was on a revenue ticket and I didn't get upgraded. Biz wasn't overloaded, Go was, so several pax got bumped to Plus (including the woman next to me, that's how I know), so Plus was pretty full as well. But I didn't see anyone getting a complimentary upgrade to biz, though... Anyway, I've since managed to avoid this bird like the plague.

I got 15.000 points compensation, though...
"[4] Note: one of our aircraft has an atypical SAS PLUS configuration with narrower seats and less leg room."

http://www.flysas.com/en/sas-global/...tercontinental
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by Douglas
"[4] Note: one of our aircraft has an atypical SAS PLUS configuration with narrower seats and less leg room."

http://www.flysas.com/en/sas-global/...tercontinental
So? Doesn't mean they should sell benefits they don't have for an equal price as planes that give the benefits one get advertised and one pays for. Despite the footnote, it's false advertisement in a way. Keep complaining, try to get compensation anyway.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: SK*G
Thanks all, will let you know what happens.

Originally Posted by UltraRant
So? Doesn't mean they should sell benefits they don't have for an equal price as planes that give the benefits one get advertised and one pays for. Despite the footnote, it's false advertisement in a way. Keep complaining, try to get compensation anyway.
Right - they should tell you if the flight you are booking is scheduled to be the non-Plus product and not charge so much. That way you can make an informed choice.

It's a little akin to being sold expensive business class, being allocated regular SAS Plus and then explaining it away that 'tough luck, we told you one aircraft has reduced incline, narrower seats and less leg room in business class'.

First world problems
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: EBD
A330E replaced by LN-RKP on ARN-HKG

So, I booked ARN-HKG for travel in early October, and it turns out to be LN-RKP.

This is a result of the delay of the new A330E. However, according to this article, SAS promises that despite the A330E delay, "the route will be operated with a 330 aircraft. There won't be any difference to the passenger experience - all 330's are upgraded with the new cabin."

http://www.travelnews.se/artiklar/ny...irbus-forsenad

Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:58 am

Somewhere else they said it will be operated with a 340 in the beginning. Bad choice to use this bird for a new route. Will make people very unhappy. Can't imagine why they do that?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Douglas
However, according to this article, SAS promises that despite the A330E delay, "the route will be operated with a 330 aircraft."
Seems like they left out a bit of information in the article...

The inaugural flight is on a standard A330, thereafter it will be operated with A340s until the new A330s are delivered and approved by the Chinese authorities. That being said I haven't seen that -RKP is scheduled for any HKG flights but that might have changed...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
LN-RKP would make sense since it is exclusively serving SK901/902 at the moment so it will be available once SK963/SK964 start operating and until the new A330E's arrive.

I'm on SK964 on the 1st week of service in C, will report if it is LN-RKP.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:19 pm

LN-RKP was allocated to the Cph-Ord flight I was booked on in Oct. has just now seen changed to an a330. If that sticks I will have to try for an upgrade to check out the pointy end. Unfortunately it won't be home though as C already has a fair few bookings even this far out.

Remember if you do get RPK, C is pretty good. A little old but proper flat lie flat seats not the angled ones. I slept like a baby last time I used it and by that I don't mean I woke crying every hour
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Indeed, LN-RKP was the best C SK had to offer until the A330 upgrades. I've only flown it a few times but it has always been very pleasant from a seat perspective.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Indeed, LN-RKP was the best C SK had to offer until the A330 upgrades. I've only flown it a few times but it has always been very pleasant from a seat perspective.

Yes, it's nice in C - and on the late flight from EWR, I couldn't be happier. Didn't look too bad in economy, either.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
I am flying CPH-EWR tomorrow in C on L-RKP.

Any views on what the best seat is? Front or back cabin?

Is the service the same as their "New business class"?

I am on the new business class on the return 18 hours later. Looking forward to trying both.

ScandiGB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.