Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 1:12 am

SK925/926 on May 30th is changed to LN-RKP. Being on a Plus ticket that is a real bummer.

My pre-reserved seat of 24A (first Plus row, Window) is now changed to 23B - last Plus row, Aisle. How hard can it be SAS just to copy past over to the new config?

Once again screwed by SAS

UPDATE:
Well, not quite as bad - pretty good actually.
Played my chances and did not on-line check-in.
And at CPH the seat as suddenly changed to 3G !
Well played SAS ^^^

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; May 30, 2016 at 3:40 am
Old May 30, 2016, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
SK925/926 on May 30th is changed to LN-RKP. Being on a Plus ticket that is a real bummer.

My pre-reserved seat of 24A (first Plus row, Window) is now changed to 23B - last Plus row, Aisle. How hard can it be SAS just to copy past over to the new config?

Old May 30, 2016, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer

LN-RKP has received an actual Plus cabin. So no hard product downgrade this time around. It often seems that auto reassignment starts from the back for rows that no longer exist.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Originally Posted by view
Here is a review, though in Norwegian. Still you can see the pictures.
http://www.businessclass.no/en-test-...usiness-class/

The update the plane just had was only to install a Plus cabin (using the old seats) as it did not have that previously. The plane is meant to be a back-up when all refurb is done end of June, and it will be handed back to Airbus when the A350s start to arrive in 2019.
This is a review before the Plus-section was installed. Anybody has pics of the 'new' old seats on board RKP?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:42 pm

Is SAS still flying A340 LAN-Chile?

So I'm booked on an A340 from CPH to EWR in August 2017, seat map shows new configuration but are these the new business seats? Primary reason I chose to fly SAS was to experience their new business class but I was reading that this route may actually be the LAN-Chile first class seats? Does anybody know?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by VFR2EWR
So I'm booked on an A340 from CPH to EWR in August 2017, seat map shows new configuration but are these the new business seats? Primary reason I chose to fly SAS was to experience their new business class but I was reading that this route may actually be the LAN-Chile first class seats? Does anybody know?
Yes, SAS still uses the old LAN bird (LN-RKP). But ar least in the winter schedule it is only as a back-up plane. It is thus not fixed to one route. It has thus been seen in IAD, ORD, EWR and HKG for example. If the seat map shows new biz (1-2-1), then your are good. Bewarw of last min changes though.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by VFR2EWR
This summer it was used frequently on the CPH-EWR evening rotation.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, MileagePlus, Miles & More
SAS - Business Class warning!

WARNING! SAS Business Class - bait and switch!
SAS has been quite busy promoting their new business class concept promising:

• High comfort with newly upgraded cabins and new improved seats.
• Available Wi-Fi and ability to make calls & use your mobile phone inflight.
• In-seat Personal HD screens with Audio and on-demand entertainment.
• Power ports plus individual USB ports.
• A large selection of food and beverages on the intercontinental flight.
• Complimentary coffee, tea, and water onboard regardless of the time of day.

However they still have old and tired aircraft in their fleet, and I this on SK956 yesterday when they brought in their old A340 LN-RKP, a nearly twenty years old ex LAN Chile aircraft in what must have been its original configuration, meaning a "stone age" business class hard product, instead of one of their originally scheduled and expected refurbished A330. No advance warnings were issued. No apologies over the PA for the reduced level of service. There was even a large poster at the gate, where it said in capital letters: "TREAT YOURSELF TODAY TRY OUT OUR BRAND NEW CABIN IN SAS PLUS OR BUSINESS". What a joke.

LN-RKP has old and worn seats in a 2-2-2 configuration in business class. No wi-fi. The on-demand entertainment system offered 24 very old movies and 24 old TV-shows! This shouldn't count as "entertainment" in 2016. The screens were anything but HD. There were no power ports, but there was an USB port available for charging purposes. The lavatories were worn and dirty - rather disgusting is not an exaggeration.

The soft product was terribly slow and uninspired. The first drink carts were rolled through the cabin 40 minutes after departure. Dinner service took place between departure + 1:20 and + 2:40 and the meal selections were just sad, sad, sad. (Grouper, Pork belly, Venison and Fettucine).

The cabin lights were on until 3 hours and 5 minutes after departure (and the duration of this flight was a short 8:30).

Unfortunately, SAS seems to treat passengers as self loading cargo, and the level of service has deteriorated to an incredibly low level. I would advise any potential business class passengers to consider their options before considering booking a business class trip on SAS.

And actually it seems that most SAS Business Class passengers are airline employees, passengers using points and last minute buy-ups, so I guess the SAS management has decided that service doesn't matter...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
In addition from January SAS business class passengers will not be allowed to use lounge and fast track on most airports.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by SPlDER
In addition from January SAS business class passengers will not be allowed to use lounge and fast track on most airports.
A bunch of smaller airports only, no?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by SAScritic
WARNING! SAS Business Class - bait and switch!
SAS has been quite busy promoting their new business class concept promising:

• High comfort with newly upgraded cabins and new improved seats.
• Available Wi-Fi and ability to make calls & use your mobile phone inflight.
• In-seat Personal HD screens with Audio and on-demand entertainment.
• Power ports plus individual USB ports.
• A large selection of food and beverages on the intercontinental flight.
• Complimentary coffee, tea, and water onboard regardless of the time of day.

However they still have old and tired aircraft in their fleet, and I this on SK956 yesterday when they brought in their old A340 LN-RKP, a nearly twenty years old ex LAN Chile aircraft in what must have been its original configuration, meaning a "stone age" business class hard product, instead of one of their originally scheduled and expected refurbished A330. No advance warnings were issued. No apologies over the PA for the reduced level of service. There was even a large poster at the gate, where it said in capital letters: "TREAT YOURSELF TODAY TRY OUT OUR BRAND NEW CABIN IN SAS PLUS OR BUSINESS". What a joke.

LN-RKP has old and worn seats in a 2-2-2 configuration in business class. No wi-fi. The on-demand entertainment system offered 24 very old movies and 24 old TV-shows! This shouldn't count as "entertainment" in 2016. The screens were anything but HD. There were no power ports, but there was an USB port available for charging purposes. The lavatories were worn and dirty - rather disgusting is not an exaggeration.

The soft product was terribly slow and uninspired. The first drink carts were rolled through the cabin 40 minutes after departure. Dinner service took place between departure + 1:20 and + 2:40 and the meal selections were just sad, sad, sad. (Grouper, Pork belly, Venison and Fettucine).

The cabin lights were on until 3 hours and 5 minutes after departure (and the duration of this flight was a short 8:30).

Unfortunately, SAS seems to treat passengers as self loading cargo, and the level of service has deteriorated to an incredibly low level. I would advise any potential business class passengers to consider their options before considering booking a business class trip on SAS.

And actually it seems that most SAS Business Class passengers are airline employees, passengers using points and last minute buy-ups, so I guess the SAS management has decided that service doesn't matter...
I would also have been annoyed, but likely more if I had bought plus and ended up in same seat as eco. There diff would be larger.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SPlDER
That is a truth with a modifications. SAS Business passengers departing from airport with no Star Alliance lounge will not get a lounge option. Since Business is only available on long haul, all airports still gives lounge access.

​​​​​​​(I am not defending their decision to stop using contracted lounges, but saying at most airports is strongly misleading)
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tgj1974
I would also have been annoyed, but likely more if I had bought plus and ended up in same seat as eco. There diff would be larger.

​​​LN-RKP got Plus seats. Not the same as the new ones as far as I know, probably the old ones left over from the upgrade. So not as big a downgrade as it used to be.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by tgj1974
They have put in the old Economy Plus seats into LN-RKP's Plus section - and iPads for IFE.

Have been in biz seat once on this bird. As with the Plus seat not ideal - but manageable.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
The some of the bulkhead seats behind plus do not have an IFE system either and need to use tablets as well. No power either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.