Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus re-launch with new level above Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 3:00 pm

Eurobonus 2.0

Any news about Eurobonus 2.0?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Rasmus S
Any news about Eurobonus 2.0?
At this weekends MD80 MegaDO in ARN (arranged by a competing forum), a SAS VP for Eurobonus was unable to give any details, beyond "we're looking at it" and "expect to hear more later this year".
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by raunow
At this weekends MD80 MegaDO in ARN (arranged by a competing forum), a SAS VP for Eurobonus was unable to give any details, beyond "we're looking at it" and "expect to hear more later this year".
Was he the one quoted in the OP's link? If so it might become the new app. talked about forever before it is launched. However in the article it does say that they target launching (announcing?) in mid November
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
There was a small hint yesterday in the bottom of a (targeted) mail with an offer of earning double basic points:

PS. Hold øje – der er spændende nyt på vej til dig, der er medlem.
(PS. Watch out - there's exciting news coming to you as a member.)

Could it be the new level?

I am a bit interested, as I could reach 100.000 points (2xGold) in my earning period ending November 30.

But of course, we don't know what the level and the benefits will be - or what the transition rules will be.

Last edited by Tango Alpha; Oct 3, 2013 at 1:46 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
There was a small hint yesterday in the bottom of a (targeted) mail with an offer of earning double basic points:

PS. Hold øje – der er spændende nyt på vej til dig, der er medlem.
(PS. Watch out - there's exciting news coming to you as a member.)

Could it be the new level?

I am a bit interested, as I could reach 100.000 points (2xGold) in my earning period ending November 30.

But of course, we don't know what the level and the benefits will be - or what the transition rules will be.
Im in the same situation, will reach 150.000 basic points in the next month, and my earning period ending november 30 as well. But if they count SK metal flights, then it dosent matter for me, as I would only reach 9 SK flights this period.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:24 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Same here - in october I will reach 75 SAS flights and before my earning periode ends 28. february I will have 100+ (if I chose SK flights though, as I have had a little dispute with SAS that have made me consider to change carrier in the future, but be abel to reach top tier could make me reconcider :-)

Guess we just have to waite and see :-))
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Im in the same situation, will reach 150.000 basic points in the next month, and my earning period ending november 30 as well. But if they count SK metal flights, then it dosent matter for me, as I would only reach 9 SK flights this period.
By the way, I guess they will accept all basic points, its only guys like myself that reach gold on number of trips way before the points, due to many intra scandinavian flights. Sadly they sold Widerøe (unless they still will count as SK metal due to 20% ownership) because that would put me way over 150 trips next year :-)
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Schwert
By the way, I guess they will accept all basic points, its only guys like myself that reach gold on number of trips way before the points, due to many intra scandinavian flights. Sadly they sold Widerøe (unless they still will count as SK metal due to 20% ownership) because that would put me way over 150 trips next year :-)
My guess is that Widerøe will continue to count as basic points, and be counted as flown segments for minimum a while after the sale is completed. But I have a feeling that they would want to continue the cooperation between the two to stand stronger against Norwegian. Estonian Air still triggers the 25% EBG points and shows up in your flight count...
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
I'm curious why you would put so much more than top-tier points on one program, especially if you fly a lot on non-SK metal?

It seems as if you could be a top-tier elite in a couple of programs, so it seems like it would make sense to diversity. Most airlines give preference to their own elites, so even a second *G could be useful. Or branch into another alliance, which would give you more flexibility when picking flights
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I over double credit EB as well. Simply because I can't see possibility of reaching gold with MM and my flying patterns (and without loosing a lot of point value), while other *Gs are quite unattractive. I hardly need TK or A3 gold, since I have never flown them and if it will happen, it will be an isolated case or two, unless some significant change to my work or personal life happens.

If I knew a good sky team or one world progamme where reaching elite is feasible with flying eco, I would certainly try it. So recommendations are welcomed
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by neko
I'm curious why you would put so much more than top-tier points on one program, especially if you fly a lot on non-SK metal?

It seems as if you could be a top-tier elite in a couple of programs, so it seems like it would make sense to diversity. Most airlines give preference to their own elites, so even a second *G could be useful. Or branch into another alliance, which would give you more flexibility when picking flights
I have TK Gold as well, using my points with them to upgrade from Comfort Class to C almost all of my flights with them, but that more of less what I think is good with their program.
I rack up a lot of points with one single account (this case EB) in order to consilidate points enought to F awards. I finde the EB proram to be pretty good for rediming StarAlliance F.

Im more tha open to suggestions as to why I should change this behavior?

I mostly fly between CPH and HKG with TK in Comfort class, CPH and NRT with SK in Y and then a few intra EU flights with SK/LH/LX, some in C and some in Y - I think it is way to 0hard yo rack up SEN at the LH program, and with no real value over EB, but might be that im all wrong here?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

http://www.flysas.com/en/ie/EuroBonus/About-EuroBonus/HowEuroBonusWorks/Membership-levels/Gold/

New levels from Oct 1st.

Didnt notice that until now. Crap.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
Is there a way to know how many basic points I had in my last qualifying period?

I know I earned 120k but I don't know how many of those were basic, as I have their credit card and have had hotel stays giving points too.

I only started my new qualifying period a couple of months ago. When they launch the program, would they be looking at the "last 12 months" or at the "previous/current qualifying period"?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

It appears that the people that have received the promo are only a few flights/points away from gold anyway. Some are already gold.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by John in the tower
It appears that the people that have received the promo are only a few flights/points away from gold anyway. Some are already gold.
Sorry, I was talking about the "new level" coming up to Eurobonus during fall 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.