Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK Scandinavia-Houston [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK Scandinavia-Houston [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:34 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by GUWonder

There is a bit of NATO-related traffic in and out of SVG -- including from Texas to SVG -- but I don't expect to see that having much of an impact on this route.

indeed there is though getting travel auth for biz can often be difficult though not impossible.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold
SK Copenhagen-Houston

Hope it lasts longer than Silver Jet did...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:19 am

Where will the fuel stops be in the winter?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:36 pm

SAS-44 IAD to SVG in business class

Just received notice that SAS will start a daily run from Houston to Stavanger Norway. The notice states clearly it is to serve the needs of those involved in the oil industry. There will be 44 seats on an old refurbished 737--all business class. Booking available April 29. I expect we will see a lot more of these type of flights, particularly into and out of The Baaken area and the oil sands of Alberta, etc. Current service from DEN and SLC are not the best for these destinations.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: SK EB Gold *G, LH M&M FT *S, LeClubAccor Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
AF just start their direct flight SVG-CDG on 31 March. They said the schedule suits with the CDG-IAH schedule to allow minimum transit time in CDG. This SVG-IAH direct fly might surprise them
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Now the prices are ready in the ticket system. Did a quick look at the first flight out of Stavanger:

What do you say on this - is this a fair price for a direct all business class flight?

Br,
Henrik
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:06 am

The picture is not working, but I just checked and see Business Saver r/t tickets in August for 3.600€. Doesn't sound too bad, one stop flights with Delta through AMS start at 2.400€.

This is pretty much in line with SAS long haul business class pricing, just checked vs CPH-IAD on the same days and those flight cost nearly the same (3.250€)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They have filed fares, but they are rather generic:

Code:
m
01AUG14**01AUG14/SK SVGHOU/NSP;AT/TPM  4843/MPM  6148                           
LN FARE BASIS    OW   NOK  RT   B PEN  DATES/DAYS   AP MIN MAX R                
08*ZNOBIZ                 21780 Z  +  B19AUG O19AUG   +  +  -  R                
                                      C19AUG T30APR                             
ADDON  SK0300  SPECIFIED  SK2620  ADDON          EFF05APR14                     
  1 * SVG-OSL-CPH/STO-CHI/NYC-SK/AS/UA/US/VX-WAS-SK/AS/UA/                      
      US/VX-HOU                                                                 
  2 * SVG-OSL-CPH/STO-HOU                                                       
  3 * SVG-OSL-CPH/STO-CHI/NYC/WAS-UA-HOU                                        
>                                                 PAGE  2/ 2                    
>fqdsvghou/ask/d01sep/kc
FQDSVGHOU/ASK/D01SEP/KC                                                         
01SEP14**01SEP14/SK SVGHOU/NSP;AT/TPM  4843/MPM  6148                           
01*CNO9OW       34300           C  -  T30APR   -     -  -   -  R                
02*CNO9BIZ                57200 C  -  T30APR   -     -  -   -  R                
03*DNO9BIZ                47200 D  -  T30APR   -     -  -   -  R                
04*ZNO9BIZ                27200 Z  +  T30APR   -      +  +  -  R                
>fqr4
01SEP14**01SEP14/SK SVGHOU/NSP;AT/TPM  4843/MPM  6148                           
ADDON  SK0300  SPECIFIED  SK2400  ADDON          EFF26APR14                     
DOMESTIC RTG VALIDATION (DRV) APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES                
  1 * SVG-OSL-SVG-HOU                                                           
  2 * SVG-OSL-CPH/STO-CHI-UA-HOU                                                
  3 * SVG-OSL-CPH-CHI/NYC/WAS-HOU                                               
  4 * SVG-OSL-CPH-CHI/NYC/WAS-UA-HOU                                            
  5 * SVG-OSL-NYC-UA-HOU                                                        
  6 * SVG-HOU                                                                   
>
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by herro
Now the prices are ready in the ticket system. Did a quick look at the first flight out of Stavanger:

What do you say on this - is this a fair price for a direct all business class flight?
Checked against a few other direct business class routes into Houston.

Seems reasonable when compared to direct from other capitals.

You can save about 35% by making a stop, but that is not unusual for long haul business.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I guess a lot of the fares used for this route will be done with corporate discounts, not visible to others.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its looks like they just did copy paste of the existing fare , this line is a dead giveaway:

Code:
ADDON  SK0300  SPECIFIED  SK2400  ADDON          EFF26APR14                     
DOMESTIC RTG VALIDATION (DRV) APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES                
  1 * SVG-OSL-SVG-HOU
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: SK EB Gold *G, LH M&M FT *S, LeClubAccor Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I searched using my SAS travel pass corporate login and found that Houston destination is not available yet. If I searched using the normal online search in their website, it is around 30000 NOK (5000 USD) for SAS business saver and 50000 NOK (10000 USD) for SAS business in end of August. It did not show up yet in ITA anyway. The cheapest *A in ITA with 1 stop is LH, around 32000 NOK (5300 USD) with similar T&C with saver.
Old May 16, 2014, 6:16 pm
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
I hear the J seats on this B737 (leased from Privatair) are not great. Does anyone know if SAS plans to ask Privatair to refurbish their a/c with new generation J seats? No IFE, uncomfortable for sleeping.

KLM used to offer the same "all business" service IAH-AMS operated by Privatair on a 737. The seats would frequently be sold in the market at a considerable discount over anyone else, and their service still failed in the end.

My prediction is that unless SAS invests in product quality, this will not last too long.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:18 pm

HOU to Stavanger-interior please

Thinking of travelling from HOU to OSL via SVG. I am seeing a business economy (Plus) ticket on the Privatair flight. I thought the interior on this was all one section. What can you tell me about this flight?

Thank you
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:19 am

It should be business only - for which days do you see a Plus fare? Are you sure it is a Plus ticket not just a discounted business (Business Saver) fare, so it would be also helpful if you could give us the booking class for the ticket you are looking at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.