Priority baggage tags

Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Hyatt GoldPassport, HHonors, SPG, Diners Club
A few months bag on PVG-CPH flight, I even experienced that everybody had their luggage delivered BUT the priority passengers. Bravo. Apparently, the luggage was on the flight, but somebody managed to drop the container/wagon with the priority bags off somewhere where nobody could find it until hours later. Priority handling in CPH is a joke, and they should do something about it.

Even though I hate giving up perks, I hate even more being told I have a perk that I dont actually have.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by ebennike
A few months bag on PVG-CPH flight, I even experienced that everybody had their luggage delivered BUT the priority passengers. Bravo. Apparently, the luggage was on the flight, but somebody managed to drop the container/wagon with the priority bags off somewhere where nobody could find it until hours later. Priority handling in CPH is a joke, and they should do something about it.

Even though I hate giving up perks, I hate even more being told I have a perk that I dont actually have.

/rant on

What really annoys me with this, is that baggage handling is done by a SK company in CPH (SAS Ground Handling). I have no problem if priority baggage delivery doesn´t work in MAD or FCO, as SK has very little pull there, but in CPH they own the frigging handling company and it still doesn´t work !!

In my mind SK has absolutely no excuse for not delivering the promised benefits in CPH

/rant over.

Svantevit
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Priority baggage tags

I have given up on priority luggage...at least in Europe/Scandinavia. For me it just means that the luggage made it on the same plane as you! However it is different story in the Southeast Asian countries I have been traveling to. They manage to make it work.
Only experienced one time that the priority labels was working. Flying CPH-AAL my suitcase actually made it before me...but kind of pointless after having been waiting at the luggage belt until it stopped. Would have been nice if somebody from SK had approached me and told me it was there already.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by Svantevit
/rant on
but in CPH they own the frigging handling company and it still doesn´t work !!
No more reason to rant on this anymore . Today's newspapers report that they are selling 51% of ground services to swissport. See http://www.business.dk/transport/sas...round-handling (in Danish). So now CPH has as good reason for priority bagage (mis)-handling as any other place in the world :P
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by wazow
No more reason to rant on this anymore . Today's newspapers report that they are selling 51% of ground services to swissport. See http://www.business.dk/transport/sas...round-handling (in Danish). So now CPH has as good reason for priority bagage (mis)-handling as any other place in the world :P
You´re completely right. We still won´t get our bagage as promised - but now we wont be as pissed as it´s a third party handling the bagage.

Actually, it´s kind of sad. I will be less angry with my late bagage, but this does not change the fact, that it´s going to be late........

Svantevit
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wanted to give the baggage handlers at ARN a middle finger salute without starting a new thread. I have always expected the baggage handling at ARN and CPH to be super slow, which I would like to think may be related to the baggage handling system and not the people working there. However, I have never been under the impression that the baggage handlers are competent.

Baggage handling hit a new low on our trips last week. Arriving to ORD, our bags came out in the last batch despite priority tags. Some of the priority baggage managed to come off first, but about half came out last. I had a nice chat with staff in ORD, whom I have had the same chat with before, and it was again claimed that the handlers at ARN do not load the plane correctly. I cannot say how true that is, but I have heard it before.

The return to ARN was an utter disgrace. Despite a lengthy wait, all of the priority baggage came last. Not 1 priority bag came off first or sporadically in the process. I can only assume that the baggage handlers were having a good laugh in the back. Several of the C class pax were not impressed and were complaining rather loud. I cannot say that I blame them.

SAS needs to get this problem fixed. I can understand that outstations could be a problem (oddly enough they aren't), but having this poor service at the two biggest hubs is a disgrace. I realize that the baggage is outsourced, but SAS needs to put pressure on them to get this fixed. It should not be too difficult to put the bags with pink tags on the belt first.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:58 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
My last flight from ORD to ARN almost made me laugh. I checked in at ORD as soon as they opened. Both my bags were checked together. When I arrived at ARN, my bag was the first one out (thumbs up and smiling.) My second bag was the very last bag to come out (). Maybe since I checked in so early, they wanted to make sure they had a starting bag and ending bag for the loaders to know that baggage loading was complete?? Next time, I am going to tell them to tag 1 bag with priority and 1 bag with out to see which one comes out first. I have an idea but I want to test my theory.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Just like priority boarding, priority luggage works best in non-SK hubs. :-/

SK should either kill the perk or live up to it. Not feel like they should have it and then not enforce it. Even luggage handlers can understand that "orange tag first, everything else after". If it is a limitation in the system, then fix the system, don't hide behind it as an excuse.

While it is very Scandinavian to hide behind outsourcing of work and using it as a valid excuse for something not to work, SK needs to realise the significant non-Scandinavian customer base they have and are serving daily. (There was some bs excuse regarding priority boarding from Eivin in the last Scandinavian Traveler, I'll look it up today.)

Why does my SK perk work halfway across the world, but not at my local airport?

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Mar 7, 2016 at 2:30 am
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:59 am

While I have had a big issue on this previously in CPH, I have to say that I have very few complaints on this one these days. My bag(s) are normally some of the first ones of. Only instance I can remember in the last year or so it did not work. Coming back with family from TPA via ORD Priority was clearly not working. Our bags where first off (but as the TPA-ORD leg was with AA no Priority Tags)
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:04 am

Yes, the situation in CPH improved a lot. Last couple of times I had checked baggage (two times ATR, three times Airbus 319/320 and four times A330/340) my bags where among the very first on the belt and in fact often enough arrived before I entered the baggage claims area. Also I have not seen any 'European Shorthaul Flight shares the same belt with 4 arriving wide bodies' stunt lately.

For the outbound legs it is hard to say since the luggage is waiting behind immigration anyway. Will keep an eye open from now on since I have Global Entry. Anyway, I rarely check bags.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by BCC
My last flight from ORD to ARN almost made me laugh. I checked in at ORD as soon as they opened. Both my bags were checked together. When I arrived at ARN, my bag was the first one out (thumbs up and smiling.) My second bag was the very last bag to come out (). Maybe since I checked in so early, they wanted to make sure they had a starting bag and ending bag for the loaders to know that baggage loading was complete?? Next time, I am going to tell them to tag 1 bag with priority and 1 bag with out to see which one comes out first. I have an idea but I want to test my theory.
I have had similar experiences frequently on the Ord-arn route. I know I should probably take a breather and not let things like this annoy me but I think the fact they offer a perk that NEVER works is the thing that gets me and not necessarily that the baggage is last on the belt
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
This is not uniquely an SK thing, and not particularly limited to Scandinavian airports. People on the AA forum gripe as much about, BA has even removed priority tags from Oneworld elites flying Y (not sure about their own elites), and it certainly does not work on BA when you get them for cabin class. It is a pretty universal thing.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:21 am

I have just complained about my bag arriving the very last, despite the tag, yesterday. I noticed that the customer care form, now has a special category for complaints about priority tag (which is separate from other baggage problems). I guess we got their attention, and probably they wanted an easy way to filter us out of the pile
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by wazow
, and probably they wanted an easy way to filter us out of the pile
And straight into the bin, you mean.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 12:04 pm

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. A priority bin The fastest handled cases

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.