Wiki Posts
Search

Z earning on Austrian

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Z earning on Austrian

Anyone knows what this gives in earnings?

SAS says 600-1200
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
I'm pretty sure that this should be interpreted as 200% (2* Economy and 8* Low Economy).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I never understood this. But one thing I do understand: no difference between economy and low economy (unless you refer to economy extra)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by wazow
I never understood this. But one thing I do understand: no difference between economy and low economy (unless you refer to economy extra)
On SK from last year, no. But when flying on other airlines (like OS in this case) and crediting those flights to EB, there are lots of 25%-earning classes.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
You are absolutetely righ. Apologies for confusion.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by wazow
You are absolutetely righ. Apologies for confusion.
Guys, how did low economy get in here ;-)

Z class on austrian, *1 or *2 (600 - 1200 doesnt really say it).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: BA, SK
Originally Posted by tgj1974
Anyone knows what this gives in earnings?

SAS says 600-1200
I'm also confused by the info provided on flysas.com. I'm trying to find out how many EG points J class on TK gives...

Why can't flysas.com have an easy-to-use online calculator similar to the one on BA.com?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by fly12345
I'm also confused by the info provided on flysas.com. I'm trying to find out how many EG points J class on TK gives...

Why can't flysas.com have an easy-to-use online calculator similar to the one on BA.com?
That's a very valid question, the EuroBonus tables seem to be only for the initiated...

However, I would bet on http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...kish-Airlines/ meaning 100% (rounded up to nearest 100) for TK J.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hilton Hhonors Gold
On SAS Eurobonus partner website:
Economy column always refer to 100% of miles rounded up to nearest 100, and either a minimum amount of points stated in the earnings chart or within a range of points like on Lufthansa European cross border routes.

Low economy is usual 25% earnings, but there are some exceptions like Air Canada where it's 50%. Just check the earnings chart for the airline and you get the earnings factor by comparing the minimum amount of points on low economy vs. economy.

The business column refer to 200% earnings, as on low economy verify the earnings factor by comparing the minimum amount of points on business vs. economy. On some airlines select business booking classes is categorized as economy and thus only 100% earnings.

E.g. J on Turkish, P on Austrian and Z and P on Lufthansa only yield 100%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.