Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 10, 12, 4:47 am   #1

Status customer earning miles on a different scheme

I recall someone before mentioned the option of a booking having two different settings. One setting for the scheme on which you would like to earn miles, and the other for the scheme which determine your status. While most of these are combined, I am in a situation where I will be flying with SAS to NRT, I am a Eurobonus Gold, I would like to have this recognized (in case there are any last minutes op-ups), BUT I don't want points to go to Eurobonus (but rather to another programme). Is this possible? What codes to mention to the call centre agent to get this right?
asalmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 12, 4:53 am   #2

Programs: EBD, AB Gold
I believe that the terms are FQTV and FQTS. The former for crediting the latter for status (someone else can surely correct me, if I am wrong). Unfortunately, if you read around in this forum this is highly highly unreliable. Then you add helpful check-in, lounge and gate agents, who gladly move things around fixing things that appear wrong to them Often I have seen my status being corrected to EBG in the lounge, or in the fast-track security.

If I need to bre 100% secure, then I am only telling the crediting programme to the airline. If crediting elsewhere is nice to have, but not a disaster if it goes wrong, then I would play the games with both.
wazow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 12, 5:19 am   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Quote:
Originally Posted by asalmane View Post
I recall someone before mentioned the option of a booking having two different settings. One setting for the scheme on which you would like to earn miles, and the other for the scheme which determine your status. While most of these are combined, I am in a situation where I will be flying with SAS to NRT, I am a Eurobonus Gold, I would like to have this recognized (in case there are any last minutes op-ups), BUT I don't want points to go to Eurobonus (but rather to another programme). Is this possible? What codes to mention to the call centre agent to get this right?
You can keep the SAS number right up to the gate. If no op up, just tell them to have it switched to the one where you would prefer the miles to go. Make sure that they print you a new BP with the correct program information. I have done this numerous times with different airlines.
Old Dec 20, 12, 7:42 am   #4

Programs: UA-Prem Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtju2 View Post
You can keep the SAS number right up to the gate. If no op up, just tell them to have it switched to the one where you would prefer the miles to go. Make sure that they print you a new BP with the correct program information. I have done this numerous times with different airlines.
But watch out for UA if you plan to do this on a later flight segment on the same calendar day. UA will change the FF no. for all legs in the reservation, even the ones that have already been flown (on the same calendar day).
DeErEtYn is online now   Reply With Quote