SAS introduces fee for paying with credit card

Subscribe
2,2% from October.
What a joke, increase the ticket price by 2% instead.
http://www.aftenposten.no/reise/article4281339.ece

Quote:
Fra oktober 2012 innfører SAS kredittkortgebyr på lik linje med lavprisselskaper som Norwegian og Ryanair.

Uansett hvilken kjøpskanal du benytter, vil gebyr for kredittkort belastes kunden.

Quote:
Priseksempler:

Flyreise til 1000 kroner utløser 22 kroner i gebyr.

Flyreise til 5000 kroner utløser 110 kroner i gebyr.

Flyreise til 10.000 kroner utløser 220 kroner i gebyr.

Flyreise til 20.000 kroner utløser 440 kroner i gebyr.

*For hver flyreise du bestiller kommer et tillegg på 2,2 prosent av kjøpesummen, vel å merke bare når du betaler med kredittkort.
Wow, the blatant lack of business sense is unfathomable. As you say, a flat 2% increase would benefit them across all purchases, regardless of the payment card used.

Seems like cost-cutting has given them tunnel vision.
Does SAS codeshare with any other airlines?

If so, how will this work if the ticket is booked with the codeshare?
Book your ticket on a French website, I think it is not possible to have different prices depending on the means of payment. They can however refuse to accept some means of payment.
DY doesn't charge a credit card fee when you pay with a Bank Norwegian Credit Card. SK should do the same with the Eurobounus Credit cards.
Quote: DY doesn't charge a credit card fee when you pay with a Bank Norwegian Credit Card. SK should do the same with the Eurobounus Credit cards.
Brilliant suggestion (even though I don't hold a EB credit card). You should email them and suggest it
note to self...
don't ever buy a ticket on SAS!!!
Quote: DY doesn't charge a credit card fee when you pay with a Bank Norwegian Credit Card. SK should do the same with the Eurobounus Credit cards.
I guess it makes sense for SK to at least give EBS and EBG a free pass on the charges.
So this is not the OPC non sense that AB and LH Group do but just a charge?
Nice timing with the Visa/Mastercard settlement.
Blue1 does a flat fee for credit cards as far as I remember... Choices of airlines that dont charge for CC use are growing smaller... Though all tickets should be booked uding a CC as airlines are dropping left and right...

Now I have a good excuse to burn my EB miles

I do like the suggestion of no fees with EB branded credit cards!!
The fee appears quite steep. OT: AY charges €5 + 1% of the total ticket price when paying with Amex, DC, MC/EC, or VISA. But only from reservations made from Finland ! For everywhere else it is around €5 per ticket irrespective of the cost of ticket.
What can be done to make SK change their mind?
Nothing.
I guess SAS needs to change their marketing message: http://www.flysas.com/en/Travel_info...lways_with_SAS

**quote**
No hidden fees
When you buy a ticket with SAS, we don't expect you to pay any hidden or unwanted extras.
Taxes and fees are included in the total price. There are no extra fees when you pay by credit card.

**Suggested new text**
Some hidden fees
When you buy a ticket with SAS, we expect you to pay hidden and unwanted extras: There are extra fees when you pay by credit card, and we may like to charge you extra for arriving on-time too as we are amongst the most punctual airlines, so this is an easy cash cow for us.