Wiki Posts
Search

ARN->BGO Baggage Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

ARN->BGO Baggage Question

Hello,

Have a ARN->BGO flight in Y coming up. We're each going to have two carry-ons and it looks like SAS's limit is one. If we each check our second carry-ons at the gate, will it be a "gate check" where we get the bags immediately when deboarding, or will they go via baggage claim per usual?

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
I assume that you are flying direct with flight 899. This is a Boeing 737-500, one of the smaller jets. Even so, I have never seen anybody picking up baggage at BGO tarmac when flying with SAS, only when I flew with Wideroe.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kilton
Hello,

Have a ARN->BGO flight in Y coming up. We're each going to have two carry-ons and it looks like SAS's limit is one. If we each check our second carry-ons at the gate, will it be a "gate check" where we get the bags immediately when deboarding, or will they go via baggage claim per usual?

Thanks!
To the baggage belt, even if it says "gate check" -- at least when it comes to strollers taken to the gate in hopes of getting it back at the gate/jetbridge/tarmac upon disembarking.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: SK EuroBonus, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
I think they're reltively lax on the rules, at least in Norway. I've traveled with more than one unit in the cabin a couple of times, and have never been forced to gate check anything, neither on SK nor DY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.