Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 3, 12, 12:49 pm   #1

ARN->BGO Baggage Question

Hello,

Have a ARN->BGO flight in Y coming up. We're each going to have two carry-ons and it looks like SAS's limit is one. If we each check our second carry-ons at the gate, will it be a "gate check" where we get the bags immediately when deboarding, or will they go via baggage claim per usual?

Thanks!
kilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 2:55 pm   #2

Programs: EBG
I assume that you are flying direct with flight 899. This is a Boeing 737-500, one of the smaller jets. Even so, I have never seen anybody picking up baggage at BGO tarmac when flying with SAS, only when I flew with Wideroe.
Old Jun 3, 12, 5:33 pm   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilton View Post
Hello,

Have a ARN->BGO flight in Y coming up. We're each going to have two carry-ons and it looks like SAS's limit is one. If we each check our second carry-ons at the gate, will it be a "gate check" where we get the bags immediately when deboarding, or will they go via baggage claim per usual?

Thanks!
To the baggage belt, even if it says "gate check" -- at least when it comes to strollers taken to the gate in hopes of getting it back at the gate/jetbridge/tarmac upon disembarking.
Old Jun 5, 12, 2:02 pm   #4

Programs: SK EuroBonus, DL SkyMiles
I think they're reltively lax on the rules, at least in Norway. I've traveled with more than one unit in the cabin a couple of times, and have never been forced to gate check anything, neither on SK nor DY.
Mandira is offline   Reply With Quote