Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Sign in using an external account

Old May 23, 12, 2:35 pm   #1

Copenhagen - time needed for transfer.

As it is my first post on this forum I'd like to say hello to everybody

Ok, to the business now. I'm about to book indirect flight from Warsaw to Aberdeen through Copenhagen, all operated by SAS. Price and travel time are very good, although I'm worried about transfer time which is only 35 minutes. I would normally take the risk as I flew more than few times in my life, but I'm booking for other person who is not very experienced in plane travelling. SAS advisor told me it should be enough as Copenhagen airport is fairly easy when it comes to transferring, plus this option wouldn't appear on their website if that wasn't doable.

Exact times of flights are:
14:10 - 15:35 SK752 Warsaw (Terminal A) - Copenhagen (Terminal 3)
16:10 - 17:00 SK1521 (QI) Copenhagen (Terminal 3) - Aberdeen

As you can see terminal is the same for both flights.

So what is your opinion? Will it be enough?

Thanks in advance!

//Sorry if I asked similar question to the one previously posted, but couldn't find anyone with that short time for transferring.
Mrcepan990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 2:41 pm   #2

Programs: LH FTL, EBD, TK Elite, FB Gold, BA Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcepan990 View Post

Ok, to the business now. I'm about to book indirect flight from Warsaw to Aberdeen through Copenhagen, all operated by SAS. Price and travel time are very good, although I'm worried about transfer time which is only 35 minutes. I would normally take the risk as I flew more than few times in my life, but I'm booking for other person who is not very experienced in plane travelling. SAS advisor told me it should be enough as Copenhagen airport is fairly easy when it comes to transferring, plus this option wouldn't appear on their website if that wasn't doable.

Thanks in advance!

//Sorry if I asked similar question to the one previously posted, but couldn't find anyone with that short time for transferring.
You will be fine. Easiest airport to connect and SAS normally on time.
tgj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 2:58 pm   #3

Programs: Eurobonus
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

The "Terminal 3" term is a bit misplaced. Departure/Arrival gates at CPH are A B C D. The Warsaw flight will probably arrive at B (but A or D is possible). The Aberdeen fight will leave from one of the C gates which is where most non- schengen flights leave from. So you will need to go through passport control when heading for the Aberdeen gate (as UK is not a Schengen member).
But easy and fast to transfer in Copenhagen, so don't worry..
Wilbur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 2:59 pm   #4

Programs: EBS
Hey Mrcepan990,

and welcome to flyertalk.

As mentioned above transfer at CPH is very easy. Even though your friend is not a frequent flyer she will do just fine.

And remember SAS is the world most punctual airline: D
HenrikP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 3:53 pm   #5

Thanks for your quick replies guys! I'm much more relaxed now However I have one more question.

Wilbur12 mentioned gates on the airport. I was wondering if there's any closure time in situation like this? Or Departure time is the only thing I should remember about?
Old May 23, 12, 4:20 pm   #6

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Welcome to FT!

Make sure that the second flight is actually operated, Cimber went bankrupt a few weeks ago.
marbe166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 4:25 pm   #7

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
I just did a similar trip through CPH this evening. From I arrived to I passed security/passport and to my new gate in the other end of the airport only 20 min was spent. Had a 45 min connection and had even time to spare. So there is normally no problem in CPH :-)

/HerrO
herro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 6:47 pm   #8

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold - Miles&More: Silver
Hei,
I got a flight from Amsterdam to Oslo, via Copenhagen. I will have one hour time, do you think that is enough time for me to dash into the SAS lounge to take a bite, i will landing at 21:45, and flying further at 22:45?

Sincerely,

SB
strikerbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 12, 11:38 pm   #9

Programs: SAS Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
Hei,
I got a flight from Amsterdam to Oslo, via Copenhagen. I will have one hour time, do you think that is enough time for me to dash into the SAS lounge to take a bite, i will landing at 21:45, and flying further at 22:45?
Sincerely,
SB
You should be just fine , and be able to spend some 20 mins in the lounge.
cph_flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 12, 2:27 am   #10
2014 Elections

Programs: SK*G, AY Plus, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred, SPG, Club Carlson Concierge, Diners
Suggestion: Could we make the MCT:s for CPH, OSL and ARN a sticky so that we don't get these questions every second week? Alternatively they could be put in the SAS FAQ. I know it's not directly SAS related, but still it seems the most appropriate place.
niksal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 12, 2:32 am   #11

If it takes 20 minutes to transfer including passport control it all looks fine then

marbe166, that is good shout actually, it seems like flight from CPH to ABZ is operated by Cimber. I will be watching it.
Old May 24, 12, 8:06 am   #12

Quote:
If it takes 20 minutes to transfer including passport control it all looks fine then

marbe166, that is good shout actually, it seems like flight from CPH to ABZ is operated by Cimber. I will be watching it.
The Aberdeen flights are still operating (by new Cimber A/S), but I believe at slightly different times (departures at 8.25 and 15.00 I believe) - so please re-check.
Old May 24, 12, 10:00 am   #13

If it's 15.00 instead of 15.35 this connection will be gone for me. SAS website still shows old time, but I'll what happens on Saturday.
Old May 24, 12, 3:14 pm   #14

Programs: SK-EBD
Quote:
Thanks for your quick replies guys! I'm much more relaxed now However I have one more question.

Wilbur12 mentioned gates on the airport. I was wondering if there's any closure time in situation like this? Or Departure time is the only thing I should remember about?
Officially it’s 15 minutes, but in real life it is even less, even though SAS is eager to get out of the block ahead of schedule. A small complication could be, that the Cimber CRJ 200 might be parked at a remote position which means bus and an earlier closure.

But still. I wouldn’t worry even if the first leg is slightly delayed. SAS would like to get its transfer customers on board. But consider hand luggage only in order to get the raincoat to Aberdeen!
Old May 25, 12, 8:17 am   #15

Quote:
But consider hand luggage only in order to get the raincoat to Aberdeen!
I will probably surprise you now, but Aberdeen is veeeery sunny in last few days! It's meant to be snowing next week though

Anyway, after some thinking we decided to change the flight date to 5 of July. There's three hours gap this time so transfer won't be a problem any more (and it's fully operated by SAS).

I'd like to thank you all for helpful replies again and I hope someone will use knowledge stored in this tread