Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Immediate family

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Saab2000
Thanks! This makes me think that, with some luck, we'll be granted access. I guess it's up to the lounge personnel and the load situation.
In any case it is always a good idea to print out the rules from the website... Oh and when I have used the EBG check-in desk in CPH I have allways been told that I could bring the whole famaly with me through Fast Track - and it has never been questioned at the fast track entrance...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
In any case it is always a good idea to print out the rules from the website... Oh and when I have used the EBG check-in desk in CPH I have allways been told that I could bring the whole famaly with me through Fast Track - and it has never been questioned at the fast track entrance...
Oh, that's good to know! I usually bring a colleague with me through fast track for my business flights, and this has never been a problem as long as they have printed boarding passes. The card reader at the fast track entrance at ARN doesn't accept cards without fast track access.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: EBG, FB Gold, BA Silver
I went on a holiday trip with my family (parents + brother) a year ago. My dad is EBG.

SK roundtrip OSL-CDG. At OSL, no problem at all. CDG SK lounge they were a little more reluctant and started referring to that it was only applicable to young children (I'm 25, my brother is 20) but the lounge was nearly empty so we got in anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saab2000
Long time lurker, first time poster... Thanks for a great resource for the frequent flyer!

I have a question on SK lounge access policies: I am travelling with my wife, her parents, her brother + his wife. All in all we are six persons. I am the only one with SK status.

Will we be accepted into the SK lounges at ARN and/or LHR with same day SK boarding passes? I can read from the EB pages that the immediate family is accepted, but I can't find any definition of that. I guess we can try with a polite question and a smile, but it would be nice to now what we should expect.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Some new experiences:
ARN Lounge: Immediate family is defined as spouse + children. I was allowed to bring my parents in law instead of children. However, I was not allowed to bring my brother in law.

LHR Lounge: Immediate family is defined as spouse + children. No exception when having no children.

Your mileage may vary of course. I guess it is very dependent on who is guarding the lounge door...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:44 am

Would immediate family be in addition to the one unrelated guest
you are allowed regardless?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
In my experience you are allowed either your immediate family or one guest. However, I guess in reality it is up to the lounge personnel.

SAS web site states (my emphasis):
EuroBonus Gold members traveling on a same-day ticket with SAS, Blue1, Estonian Air and Wideroe, Star Alliance carrier are welcome to bring one guest or the immediate family in the following lounges. The guest must present a boarding card for any same day Star Alliance flight.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
No - it is either one guest or the immediate family.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: SK*G, FB, AY
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
No - it is either one guest or the immediate family.
I will try this out tomorrow. I 'll be flying out of CPH with my twin brother (immediate family) + a friend (guest). Since it is a Saturday morning I don't expect the lounges to be crowded. Let's see if I'll be able to get all the 3 of us in.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Adde
I will try this out tomorrow. I 'll be flying out of CPH with my twin brother (immediate family) + a friend (guest). Since it is a Saturday morning I don't expect the lounges to be crowded. Let's see if I'll be able to get all the 3 of us in.
Good luck! My guess is, that your odds are 20 % Even on a Saturday morning Report back.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GUWonder
SK OSL tells me that EBG members are the only *Gs allowed to bring in their immediate family regardless of count.
Hit this problem last weekend at the ARN lounge. Normally as LH*G I was always allowed to take my wife and kids into the lounge, this time a service agent was being trained by a SAS employee on how to use the access control system. I was informed that as a *G I only get to bring in one guest and that they would gladly allow my sons to enter if I paid 249SEK extra . We spent some more time in the Junibacken Pirate ship instead and my wife spent the 200+ SEK at the DesignTorget store.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Last weekend: for some reason we (me, wife, two kids, MIL & FIL) managed to be at ARN two and a half hours before departure. Checkin was a breeze, Fast Track usage as SEN on LH with family was no problem, so we were airside 2h10m before departure. The She.E.O. decided to fall prey to the shopping labyrinth and buy some chocolates for the office while I took the boys to get rid of some energy in the junibacken pirate ship. At T-2h we are all around the pirate ship observing the boys and all of us are dying for a cup of coffee. In-laws offer to watch the kids while we go to the lounge, so off we go. At the entrance I ask the LD politely if family is allowed. She says 'yes of course, your wife can come in!' I quietly point out that I also have my two boys and in laws downstairs. 'No problem, normally not allowed, but today its OK, I will allow it!'.

And this how I managed to enter the ARN *G lounge with 5 guests. I don't think its going to happen again, but just wanted to share the story LH is probably scratching their head about how SK admitted 5 guests (all BPs were scanned) when they got the bill.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Last weekend: for some reason we (me, wife, two kids, MIL & FIL) managed to be at ARN two and a half hours before departure. Checkin was a breeze, Fast Track usage as SEN on LH with family was no problem, so we were airside 2h10m before departure. The She.E.O. decided to fall prey to the shopping labyrinth and buy some chocolates for the office while I took the boys to get rid of some energy in the junibacken pirate ship. At T-2h we are all around the pirate ship observing the boys and all of us are dying for a cup of coffee. In-laws offer to watch the kids while we go to the lounge, so off we go. At the entrance I ask the LD politely if family is allowed. She says 'yes of course, your wife can come in!' I quietly point out that I also have my two boys and in laws downstairs. 'No problem, normally not allowed, but today its OK, I will allow it!'.

And this how I managed to enter the ARN *G lounge with 5 guests. I don't think its going to happen again, but just wanted to share the story LH is probably scratching their head about how SK admitted 5 guests (all BPs were scanned) when they got the bill.
I would expect that some more of the immediate family will have *G status at some point. Maybe A3*G? LH would still get the bill.

There are some * airlines whose paid lounge club membership allows for access to * partner-operated airline lounges too, but don't recall all the details about the limits on member's additional guests when using paid lounge membership to access *-operated lounges.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by oliver2002
At the entrance I ask the LD politely if family is allowed. She says 'yes of course, your wife can come in!' I quietly point out that I also have my two boys and in laws downstairs. 'No problem, normally not allowed, but today its OK, I will allow it!'.

Good to hear, that there can be some flexibility around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.