Good Riddance, SAS booking engine

Subscribe
It seems that tomorrow is the day that SAS's crappy booking engine will finally meet its end.

Who knows how effective the replacement will be, but I wanted to take this opportunity to reminisce about the last 7 years of fun things like 'error -27000' , limited functionality, and random odd behaviour.

Goodby sas booking tool, we will not miss you at all!

Lets cross our fingers that the replacement is better!
+1

let's see how long it will take until systems are fully up and running. Judging by SAS IT history + problems M&M upgrade has had, I'm not too optimistic
..and Wideroe.no! Error 3002...
Let's hope for multi city possibility.
Why do they ask us to go the airport earlier?
Quote: Why do they ask us to go the airport earlier?
They go live with a new system which could mean any kind of problem that they never thought of. Hopefully there will be no problems but who knows, especially when SAS IT are involved.
All SK availability seem zeroed out in ExpertFlyer. Let's hope this was a planned effect rather than an "ooops..."
Quote: Let's hope for multi city possibility.
This!!

Can't wait for them to sort that one out. So tired of having to call them and be on the phone for half an hour with some very unhelpful, rude and broken English speaking person to book a layover itinerary.

Also hope that they are finally going to have a complete list of destinations on their website. Destinations in AK and HI have always been missing.
Found some info on this..

MIgrating from old booking system to Amadeus

The SAS Group carrier move to Amadeus IT system –Altéa
Effective Date
25/26 February 2012
Overview
Within a few weeks, Scandinavian Airlines, Widerø and Blue1 will migrate its current reservation
and inventory system, Resaid, to Amadeus IT solution – Altéa. This is the same IT system most
STAR Alliance and other European airlines already use.
During the time of cut over from Resaid to Altéa there will be a period of system outage for 12
hours in the evening and night between Saturday and Sunday for SK/WF/KF.

http://www.sca.amadeus.com/apps/web/zone/AmadeusInfo.nsf/0/2c7536893686a48ac12579a3005714a5/$FILE/2012-02-13-SAS%20migration%20to%20Altea_attachement.pdf
Quote: Let's hope for multi city possibility.
Well it seems to be up and running just now. This has indeed been introduced, albeit it seems only partially. As in, it allows open-jaws but you have to return back to the same airport. A bit a la old KLM site, for those familiar.

So, for example, it would let me book NYC->PAR, LON->NYC. But no stopovers etc.
Mailing address in my profile is all messed up and trying to change it results in "Error -25000..."
Quote: Well it seems to be up and running just now. This has indeed been introduced, albeit it seems only partially. As in, it allows open-jaws but you have to return back to the same airport. A bit a la old KLM site, for those familiar.

So, for example, it would let me book NYC->PAR, LON->NYC. But no stopovers etc.
You are right. And not possible to include PAR-LON. What a disapointment. Back to wideroe.no.
Still not possible to book tickets if you wish to use Visa or Mastercard...
Lets hope they get it up and running during the day, got some tickets i need to book.