Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jamesbrownontheroad
LOUNGE OVERVIEW

SAS has two lounges at Copenhagen (CPH), both of which are located in Terminal 3, opposite the passport control of the C Gates:

- SAS Gold Lounge (turn right and go upstairs: access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class)
- SAS Lounge (turn left: access for SAS Business, SAS Plus, *A Business)

As of the 12th of September 2023 the lounge is open at 05.00AM but this is subject to change.

Here's the latest link to info about SAS lounges: https://www.flysas.com/content/flysa...AS%20departure.

"Our lounges open approximately 60 minutes prior to the first SAS departure of the day and close approximately 30 minutes before the last SAS departure. Opening hours may vary depending on local contracts and according to seasonal timetables."
LOUNGE AMENITIES

The SAS Gold Lounge offers the same amenities as the SAS Lounge, but with a slightly better food and drink selection. There is also an espresso bar which is staffed in peak periods. The Gold Lounge has higher ceilings and a more airy atmosphere.

Breakfast items (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, etc) are available at the buffet until around 10.30AM, when the offer shifts towards lunch.

A small number of showers are available.

Quieter recliners and places to sleep are towards the back of the lounges, overlooking the landside car park.

LOUNGE ON ARRIVAL

Arrival use of the lounge is for PY, J, and SK Diamond and above (thanks CPH-Flyer for providing the information).

In addition to the SAS lounges there are the following contract lounges at CPH:

- Aspire Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Carlsberg Aviator Lounge (Terminal 2, between Piers A and B, access with Priority Pass, among others)
- Copenhagen Apartment Lounge (Terminal 2)
- Eventyr Lounge (Terminal 3)
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounges Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Arrival into CPH in longhaul J - are showers available?

Hello. I will be arriving into CPH later this week in longhaul paid business class on SK.

I did a search, and it doesn't appear that there is a specific arrivals lounge at the airport.

Is my only option to re-clear security and then visit the departures lounge? Do they have showers in that lounge? If so, any idea how many?

I will be on a roadshow with two other colleagues.

If showers aren't available, is there an on-airport hotel that we could make bookings for rooms?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
There appears to be a transfer hotel that offers showers and saunas.

http://www.cph.dk/NR/rdonlyres/4EAF5B25-AC22-4382-BB21-BE12E0E56623/0/guidetocphuk.pdf
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Perfect. I'll book that transit hotel for a few hours. Thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: SAS
Unfortunately the info in the linked pdf seems rather outdated. The transfer hotel closed down years ago.

But you will have access to the SAS lounges since you are arriving on a SAS intercontinental flight in business class.There are a number of private cabins with shower facilities in connection with the lounges.But I don´t know how easy it is to get one since the number of cabins are quite limited .

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/Travel_i...ss-to-lounges/
http://www.flysas.com/en/us/Travel_i...unge-services/
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Unfortunately the info in the linked pdf seems rather outdated. The transfer hotel closed down years ago.

But you will have access to the SAS lounges since you are arriving on a SAS intercontinental flight in business class.There are a number of private cabins with shower facilities in connection with the lounges.But I don´t know how easy it is to get one since the number of cabins are quite limited .

Ooops. Thanks for the clarification.

Any idea how many showers they have available? Do we need to re-clear security to access the J lounge as an arriver?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
First off, as you are travelling in Business class you are welcome to visit SAS lounges when arriving from a SAS intercontinental flight. There is an exception, not flights from EWR.

Make sure when arriving to follow the signs to Transfer and not Baggage. the lounge is just past the passport control. If you go through to the baggage area, you will only be allowed back into the secure area if you have a same day departure boarding pass.

You have to have your boarding pass with you, as they exchange the key to the bathroom for the boarding pass. Ask when you check into the lounge.

There is everything you need in the bathroom including toothbrush and paste, disposable razor and cream. Enjoy!

When you're done showering, go down the stairs in front of the lounge to the baggage area, and find your luggage. If you can't find your luggage go to the baggage claim/ground service counter. They'll have them.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gakke
First off, as you are travelling in Business class you are welcome to visit SAS lounges when arriving from a SAS intercontinental flight. There is an exception, not flights from EWR.

Make sure when arriving to follow the signs to Transfer and not Baggage. the lounge is just past the passport control. If you go through to the baggage area, you will only be allowed back into the secure area if you have a same day departure boarding pass.

You have to have your boarding pass with you, as they exchange the key to the bathroom for the boarding pass. Ask when you check into the lounge.

There is everything you need in the bathroom including toothbrush and paste, disposable razor and cream. Enjoy!

When you're done showering, go down the stairs in front of the lounge to the baggage area, and find your luggage. If you can't find your luggage go to the baggage claim/ground service counter. They'll have them.
Oh man. I am arriving from EWR. EWR pax don't get access to the lounge on arrival? I'm in paid J, and have a *A gold card.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Sorry. My bad. I was reading in Danish. It is not allowed in EWR not from EWR. Says here:

• Gold members also have lounge access when arriving from an SAS operated intercontinental flight (though not at Newark due to airport authority regulations).

You'll be OK.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Sorry. My bad. I was reading in Danish. It is not allowed in EWR not from EWR. Says here:

• Gold members also have lounge access when arriving from an SAS operated intercontinental flight (though not at Newark due to airport authority regulations).

You'll be OK.
Ahh, brilliant, thanks. That makes sense. I couldn't see why they'd exclude pax coming from a *A hub airport! (Perhaps some of my countrymen caused too much trouble in the lounge?)

Yes, the lounge is airside at EWR, but arriving pax are segregated from departing pax here at EWR...so the only way back in would be with a valid departure boarding pass.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I thought the expection was on flight to EWR not from EWR ??

This is what the Danish SAS webpage states (in Danish):

"Interkontinentale flyvninger: Er du indehaver at et EuroBonus Guld-kort, eller rejser du pĺ Business, har du adgang til SAS lounges ved ankomst med SAS pĺ interkontinentale flyvninger. Det gćlder i de lufthavne, hvor ankomsthallen ligger i tilslutning til vores lounges.

Pĺ grund af myndighedskrav gćlder dette ikke ved ankomst til London Heathrow og New York (Newark)."

The last sentence translates as "Due to government regulations this does not apply on arrival at London Heathrow and New York (Newark)".

So based on this you should be ok.

Svantevit

Edit: Gakke beat me to it!!!!

Last edited by Svantevit; Jan 28, 2012 at 10:04 am Reason: To late....
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
You should be fine. The lounge is easy to spot just after passport control. I have used the showers there some times (I am EBG/*G). I think there is 4 or 5 showers. I have never had to wait for a shower to be available. The towels have a tendency to be not so soft...(I prefer then that way), but apart from that the showers are nice.
THammer
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cph_flyer

I've been using the rest cabins nearly weekly this year and a lot of times last year. I've had no problem getting them. Most passengers entitled to lounge access seem to either have no clue they exist or have little or no use for them. I get a lot of interesting looks when going into or out of the rest cabins. To get the keys for them, it is necessary to talk to the service desk people in the business lounge side as that is where the lounge entry guardians will send you when requesting a rest cabin or a shower.

There are stand alone showers, and that is what most people get. I only ask for the rest cabins (1 of 2) when I want to nap for a few hours. I've not yet been turned down for them or had to wait to get access at any point in the last several years.

When I fly CO in business class to CPH -- like yesterday -- and am not going onward, CO says they have no arrivals facilities at CPH. Will SK lounge personnel allow in arriving CO business class customers with no onward travel plans that day? My workaround has been to get a refundable ticket for Star Alliance travel from CPH to another European airport and enter the lounge that way because I'm not sure if the SK CPH lounge staff are going to be as strict with me as a partner *Gold as the SK OSL lounge staff.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 28, 2012 at 3:08 pm
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Ooops. Thanks for the clarification.

Any idea how many showers they have available? Do we need to re-clear security to access the J lounge as an arriver?
Yes, but transit security won't ordinarily care to see an onward boarding pass.

About the number of showers, I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes, and even if all of the showers were to be taken, it's likely that the rest cabins (with their own shower+toilet room inside) would be still available.

If wanting a nearby hotel for a room/shower, there is the Hilton CPH airport hotel -- nothing more convenient than that. It's a very, very short walk from where the SK check-in area is in the main check-in hall.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: AC*G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
When I fly CO in business class to CPH -- like yesterday -- and am not going onward, CO says they have no arrivals facilities at CPH. Will SK lounge personnel allow in arriving CO business class customers with no onward travel plans that day? My workaround has been to get a refundable ticket for Star Alliance travel from CPH to another European airport and enter the lounge that way because I'm not sure if the SK CPH lounge staff are going to be as strict with me as a partner *Gold as the SK OSL lounge staff.
I will arrive at CPH on AC with no onward travel plans. I'm *G but will likely arrive in Y unless I my upgrade goes through. It seems I will not be allowed into the lounge because I did not arrive on SK, is that correct?

The work-around with the refundable ticket seems doable. Does anyone have experience with that?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Accidental_Flyer
I will arrive at CPH on AC with no onward travel plans. I'm *G but will likely arrive in Y unless I my upgrade goes through. It seems I will not be allowed into the lounge because I did not arrive on SK, is that correct?
Correct

Originally Posted by Accidental_Flyer
The work-around with the refundable ticket seems doable. Does anyone have experience with that?
Commonly known trick. Haven't done it myself, but should be doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.