Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson offers status match to EBGs

Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold

I checked in at Radisson Blu at OSL yesterday and as always I asked them to check if my EBG number was registered in my booking. The really nice check in girl confirmed it was and then told me that I should become a Club Carlson member and credit my stays to them instead. I pretty much always got the Goldpoints sales speech and could not care less. She them told me that CC offers status match to EBG, and I was suddenly a lot more interested in her sales speech

I thought what a heck and filled in a application, which she posted and mailed CC to confirm everything for me. No need to send them a picture of my card or anything ^

Just activated my card at clubcarlson.com and my status there is now Gold Elite!

Radisson you just got youself a lot more service, and Scandic you just lost out
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; sv-se; SonyEricssonU20i Build/2.1.1.A.0.6) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Brilliant! If I understand correctly, you where not already a member at the time?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Did they gave you Gold for 1 year? Do you need to requlify again for second year?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Unfortunately, the Gold Elite level at Carlson has been watered out, and isn't really that appealing anymore. Upgrades for Gold Elites has become more and more infrequent and recognition, even at the Radisson BLUs around Scandinavia and Europe, is very inconsistent.

I have been a very loyal Gold Elite for quite some time and even though it is still a good program, I find myself being pampered more regularly at Choice Hotels (as a Scandinavian reference), as a Gold member in their program.

But indeed, Carlson (or Goldpoints Plus) has been running the EBG status match for years, it has just not been communicated very clearly. I first saw it two years ago, and it might have been in effect even earlier than that.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: FB Plat, EB Gold, TK*G Elite, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge
I would expect the status to count for rest of 2011 and 2012. After that you have to requalify.

Best part of Gold Elite is the 2for1 and 4for2 offer in my view, and a discount on restaurant bills is a nice little bonus as well..
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Yes I was not a Club Carlson member before this. I reckon my membership will last for 12 months and will have to requalify during that time. Don`t now about a soft landing though, but I am not expecting it.

Maybe it is not what it used to be, but it is sure better than not having any status at all and sure beats the EBG
Radisson has some nice locations in my main destinations (OSL, TRD, SVG, ARN and CPH) as well, so for me this really is a shoe in

Maybe Choice is better for Gold, but their ridiculous rule were Choice in Scandinavia is not part of the rest of Europe/World Choice really puts me off.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Goldpoints did the same. With CC Gold in Scandinavia you generally get a bottle of water and/or some fruit to your room upon arrival. Seems Concierge is anything that really matters nowadays.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Originally Posted by Banko
Best part of Gold Elite is the 2for1 and 4for2 offer in my view, and a discount on restaurant bills is a nice little bonus as well..
I think the restaurant discount thing (15%) is gone with Club Carlson...
At least it is not listed as a benefit these days, but I recall being given the discount after Goldpoints Plus turned into Club Carlson in March, so maybe it's still there?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:25 pm

I don't bother much with hotel status in the usual Scandinavian chains anymore, I'd rather just get some EB points. I was goldpoints gold for a few years and that program well and truly sucked, sorriest excuse for a frequent stay program I ever came across. Always having to remind them about water/fruit, and then half the time ending up getting charged for it and having an argument at check out.

I stay mostly in Rica, Scandic and Radisson Blu in the nordics and I just credit everything to EB. These programs are not like Hilton or Starwood.

Too bad Scandic dropped their double dip option because I was getting 4th floor and EB points.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:24 pm

I agree the best from the program is the 2for1 but restaurant discount is no longer a perk with the new club carlson
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: SK*G, Malév Gold, BA Blue, Hertz #1 Gold, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Starwood Preferred Guest, A Club
I realize I will become Silver Elite in Club Carlson next month, completing the annual 15+ nights stay.
The extra bonus is probably the perk I will enjoy most, and if I score an upgrade one and then...
Stayed at Radisson Blu Sky City at ARN last Sunday. Got upgraded to Business Class without status and without asking for it and I also recieved 5% off at the restaurant when showing them my card.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:13 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rob74
I also recieved 5% off at the restaurant when showing them my card.
Say WHAT!? Who did you bribe to get an actual card? CC is even worse than Flying Blue when it comes to sending out the cards IME.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by agehall
Say WHAT!? Who did you bribe to get an actual card? CC is even worse than Flying Blue when it comes to sending out the cards IME.
+1.
I still haven't received my card, almost 5 months after the launch... But the old Goldpoints Pluscard still works fine for getting the perks.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Never got the Goldpoints Plus card either as I only joined the program last September. Good thing I never need to show any card as I always book thru their web site and ensure that my CC number is in the reservation.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: EBG, Skywards, Club Carlson Elite Gold, HHonors Gold
Anybody successfully got an existing membership matched?

I will send CC customer service an email now with my EBG number and post the answer here as soon as i get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.