Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

EB points with Lufthansa Cityline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*Gold

I'm thinking of booking a LH flight from OSL-HAM that is operated by Lufthansa Cityline. Lufthansa Cityline is owned by LH but I'm not sure if that would give me EB points and if so whether they would be status points.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: Various
I have flown ARN-HAM a number of times on Lufthansa Cityline. It has never been a problem to get the points. These flights are treated just like any LH flights.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
You getting the same points as when flying Lufthansa mainline, so it doesn't matter which Lufthansa daughter that operates the flight
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Someone83
You getting the same points as when flying Lufthansa mainline, so it doesn't matter which Lufthansa daughter that operates the flight
Good to hear. I wonder if that is the case for all daughter/subsidiary company airlines of all Star Alliance members? I know that it works for some of the US feeder airlines, like United/United Express.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Amexpat
Good to hear. I wonder if that is the case for all daughter/subsidiary company airlines of all Star Alliance members?
No. On Widerře, only Eurobonus member gets point. Other Star Alliance card holders don't
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: SK*G
Good to hear. I wonder if that is the case for all daughter/subsidiary company airlines of all Star Alliance members? I know that it works for some of the US feeder airlines, like United/United Express.
Silk Air (SQ subsidary), does not give points to *A.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK2868
Silk Air (SQ subsidary), does not give points to *A.
I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to knowing which *A airline subsidiaries give *A points?

Could it be that if the subsidiary has the name of the *A airline in it, like United Express or Lufthansa Cityline, then you get points? This should be listed somewhere.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to knowing which *A airline subsidiaries give *A points?

Could it be that if the subsidiary has the name of the *A airline in it, like United Express or Lufthansa Cityline, then you get points? This should be listed somewhere.
There is a good summary table if you search for Star Alliance on Wikipedia
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP

Unless I'm terribly wrong all LH Cityline flights are operated under LH designator and sold by LH. You can't buy a ticket from LH Cityline. Same is true about Pinnacle/Delta, Colgan/United etc. They are not code-shares.

That's the key difference. Wideroe and Estonian Air are operating under their own designators and remain to a large extend commercially independent, even they are wholly or partially owned by SK. So you can get only EB credit with them.

So to answer your question, if *A flight is operated by whoever under a *A designators only (not a code-share!) you can be 99.9% sure you will get *A points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.