Cimber (QI) experience CPH-STR

Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Cimber (QI) experience CPH-STR

Hi!
I'm looking at a routing from UME to STR (Stuttgart) with SK for the upcoming week.
It has SK metal UME-ARN-CPH and then a switch to QI for CPH-STR.

Does anyone have any experiences from QI on that route, or similar routes? It seems to be RJ-200 planes and the obvious question is legspace and carry on restrictions?

I will be travelling with carry on only, but it's not the smallest of carry ons... How hard does QI enforce carry on restrictions on their RJ-200 series?

Thankful for any input, as it is my first trip on QI metal.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by joemume
Hi!
I will be travelling with carry on only, but it's not the smallest of carry ons... How hard does QI enforce carry on restrictions on their RJ-200 series?

Thankful for any input, as it is my first trip on QI metal.
No problem with the carry on . Worst case is , that youll have to leave it on the cart by the plane.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: EBG
I've traveled the same journey. I flew to FRA via ARN and then took the ICE train to Stuttgart Hbf. The CI flight was not available back then, but it is nice to skip the connection in CPH.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: EBG
Forgot to add the carry-on info about CI. The CRJ is very comfy in my opinion, especially by the exit. You'll have to leave anything bigger than a manila envelope at the front stairs. The baggage crew will load it into the cargo compartment and then return it on the tarmac when you have landed. Quite convenient.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Originally Posted by mikesteez
Forgot to add the carry-on info about CI. The CRJ is very comfy in my opinion, especially by the exit. You'll have to leave anything bigger than a manila envelope at the front stairs. The baggage crew will load it into the cargo compartment and then return it on the tarmac when you have landed. Quite convenient.
OK! Sounds great! Thank you for your input on this, it looks as if I will choose that routing then! ^
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

And now for the really important question! :
My QI flight to STR has a SK-flightnumber (SK 1655), and I'm coming in to CPH on solid SK-metal. Will I be able to use the Scandinavian lounge without issues, or is the QI metal going to do bad stuff to my ability to enter the lounge? (As QI is not officially a *A carrier, just a SK partner?).

There is a 3 hour layover in CPH, and a beer in the lounge would be very nice...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
My QI flight to STR has a SK-flightnumber (SK 1655), and I'm coming in to CPH on solid SK-metal. Will I be able to use the Scandinavian lounge without issues, or is the QI metal going to do bad stuff to my ability to enter the lounge? (As QI is not officially a *A carrier, just a SK partner?).
You are flying SAS in every possible aspect, Cimber just happens to own the aircraft.
So go ahead and enjoy your beers...
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: SAS
There is a 3 hour layover in CPH, and a beer in the lounge would be very nice...
Like Jacob_m said, enjoy your beer(s),as Cimber is only operating the flight on behalf of SAS like they do to HAM and WRO. Had it been a SAS codeshare on a Cimber route though, it would have been a different story .
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Lovely! There will be more than one beer! Thank you for your quick response Jacob_m and cph_flyer!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.