Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS now with Amadeus-booking numbers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS now with Amadeus-booking numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, it means that the web interface will be operated by a module offered by amadeus (similar to TG and WF for example) but the backbone remains ResAid which will be replaced by another Amadeus module called Altea (like AF-KL, OZ, LO for example)

More on Altea: http://www.amadeus.com/airlineit/sol...ea_1suite.html
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Will this bring new services or features to SK? Will we note any difference or (hopefully) improvements?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If you go back to the link I posted, you will realise that SK is currently operating with different bits and pieces of software that have due to legacy reasons. If they migrate the system to a common platform, they can implement new services and functions (on the customer front as well as backend) quickly as they don't have to be custom built for SK but just customised a bit.

An example of the benefit of Altea is that they can analyse pricing and set new fares qucikly to respond to market moves. If the DCS is migrated (IMHO unlikely), SK can implement new web checkin features whenever the software is updated. etc etc
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
^ to SK for implementing the 6-digit amadeus booking numbers for all their bookings. Life is just so much easier when you have access to your booking using check my trip.

Svantevit
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:21 am

Programs: SK
SAS will migrate the DCS as well

SAS (SK/WF/KF) will migrate to Amadeus Altéa DCS (CM/FM) as well, during 2012.
When completed this will bring additional benefits such as ancillary services handled in a consistent manner through the travel chain, from booking to airport/inflight. Also, as already mentioned, this is a standard product so new features are being developed as community development in a lot of cases (instead of everything being developed just for SAS).

Already today (after the SK implementation of Amadeus e-retail for internet bookings) almost all SAS bookings have the 6-character Amadeus booking numbers and are available in for example checkmytrip. The ResAid reservations (incl 5-char numbers) are copies and used for backoffice purposes.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:19 am

Ouch... migrating the current SK DCS to Altea will be no fun... I'm sure the cool stuff (fingerprint, no BP just swipe FFP card etc) won't be available in the new system or integrated at a high cost
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:59 am

Read on SK Sales info page that the move to Altea is planned for February 25th. Let's hope this will go well.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: LH Senator, AF Platinum, CX Gold, AA Gold, BA, QF, EK, KE
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ouch... migrating the current SK DCS to Altea will be no fun... I'm sure the cool stuff (fingerprint, no BP just swipe FFP card etc) won't be available in the new system or integrated at a high cost
The "cool stuff" will all be there.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:31 pm

Now that I can use CheckMyTrip can anyone confirm how reliable the seating maps are from that site? Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.