Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Best Credit Card for Eurobonus earnings in Norway

Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG *G, Flying Blue Silver, Hertz President Circle, Hilton H Gold, Starwood Gold, BA Silver

After Trumf Visa launched partnership with Eurobonus with 13.9 EB points pr 100 NOK I assumed Mastercard would up their earnings to 15 points pr 100 NOK.
But it looks like they are not,

so now my nice Eurobonus GoldSAS Mastercard is collecting dust in my wallet and now my preferences are

1, Diners 15 Points pr 100Kr
2, Trumf Visa 13.9 Points pr 100Kr (41,7 Points pr 100 in Norgesgruppen Stores)
3, SASEurobonus Mastercard 10 Points pr 100kr

Kind of stupid to get better rewards on the credit card of a retail chain than from the cobranded retail chain card.

Hope SEB kort gets the wake up call
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by M747
so now my nice Eurobonus GoldSAS Mastercard is collecting dust in my wallet and now my preferences are

1, Diners 15 Points pr 100Kr
2, Trumf Visa 13.9 Points pr 100Kr (41,7 Points pr 100 in Norgesgruppen Stores)
3, SASEurobonus Mastercard 10 Points pr 100kr
I have all three now, and that's the order of my preference as well. But I'm not EBG now, so the Diners and SASEurobonus Mastercard will cost to renew after the free first year. I'll perhaps consider renewing the Diners because of the lounge access, but why would anyone pay NOK 345 for the SASEurobonus Mastercard when the Trumf Visa is free and gives more points?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
So am I the only one waiting for AmEx to launch their co-branded card in Norway? 20 EuroBonus points for every 100SEK spent is way better than the lousy deals we have here in Norway.

Fort the record, I use my Diners/EBG as my primary card.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
So am I the only one waiting for AmEx to launch their co-branded card in Norway? 20 EuroBonus points for every 100SEK spent is way better than the lousy deals we have here in Norway.

+1
Old Oct 28, 2010, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG *G, Flying Blue Silver, Hertz President Circle, Hilton H Gold, Starwood Gold, BA Silver

No, You are not the only one waiting for the Amex SAS card, the rest of us have just given up

Amex in Norway is a Joke, and as long as it is managed by DNBNOR I doubt there will be any changes. Look at their offerings, green, gold, basic travel insurance, and some kind of restaurant discount crap called Jade.

Norway has the worst offerings by any Amex office in the industrial world

At least my opinion, that´s why I am a holder of an Amex International Currency card, issued in London and billed in EUR. I get insurance, travel, membership rewards benefits that make the norwegian Amex offerings look like a joke in comparison
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by M747
Norway has the worst offerings by any Amex office in the industrial world.
I know, AmEx in Norway (DnB NOR Kort) sucks beyond all belief.

I attended a so-called VIP shopping event two weeks ago in Oslo (Ferner Jacbosen) and I asked the Director of AmEx Personal Cards in Norway about this — he basically told me they know they have "areas of improvements" but that they are limited by their platform/technology... I also carry an AmEx ICC Platinum (billed in USD) and it's a completely different world.

I feel AmEx in Norway is diluting the AmEx brand. Someone should reconsider the whole franchise agreement IMO. It's like putting an Apple sticker on a Dell laptop, or lipstick on a pig... or choose whatever analogy that works for you.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I'm also with Diners for EB earnings, although I mostly fly KLM.

Xxx.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Passing through OSL on friday i stopped at the Amex sales booth and asked if they had any plans to extend the product range on the Norwegian market, and after talking for a few minutes and telling the guy how dissatisfied i was with the Norwegian Amex and that i had To have an icc card he let it slip that there were plans To launch both Platinum card, membership rewards and Sk Amex co branded from Jan 2011.

However after talking for a while we got onto talking about the Centurion card he told me that if one were To deposit 10 million NOK with Amex interest free i would get a centurion card. This makes me question everything this guy said, because if you stipulate that you have 10 mill To spare, To deposit It interest free with Amex means your would forgo (lose) 350 thousand annually in lost interest ( lets say 3,5%)

Thats a rediculous annual fee

Lets wait and see, i just hope they dont come wih some rediculous offer like 10 points pr 100 kr
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: SAS

I´d welcome a SAS cobranded points earning Amex in Denmark as well. I only use the Amex in situations the Diners is not accepted. The big plusses for the Amex though , is the extensive travel insurance and the Priority Pass that comes bundled with it (optional for GOLD).
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:10 am

I'm not really eager to get an Amex living in Norway, because it's not widely enough accepted as payment. For travel it's fine, but I need to use a corporate card when on business travel anyhow which only leaves my private travels (i.e. burning miles and points which is not a lot of spend).

I have the EB Diners card now, but that also is not widely accepted outside of travel and dining etc. For example when refurbishing my apartment, I had spend of several tens of thousands that could not be charged to Diners because the hardware stores and suppliers don't accept ut. Option is to get EB MC of course, but at only 10 points/100NOK.

Travel insurance is a non-issue for me because the coverage I have through my employer also covers private travel.

I will definitely look into Trumf now, that looks to be the best earner for me in terms of earnings on household and "normal, everyday" spending. Especially in Trumf partner stores the earnings are head and heels above anything else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.