Cancellation of reserved Exit-Row Seats

Subscribe
I'm flying CPH-IAD next week with my girlfriend. Since I am EBG I was able to reserve exit row seats. While entering the required information for immigration I realized that the seats were changed, somewhere to the back of the plane. Called SAS Customer Service today and they said my seats were given away and there is nothing they can do. Not acceptable. Any idea if its worth complaining at the airport/lounge before the flight and might get an upgrade (the flight is totally full in y)?
Quote: Called SAS Customer Service today and they said my seats were given away and there is nothing they can do. Not acceptable.
It does say that they are subject to change when you reserve the seats. It is not cool that they give them away though, especially from an EBG, but they are entitled to.

I would say it was worth trying to make a little fuss about it at check-in and at the gate if the flight is full in M (Y is Economy Extra with SAS). The agent might need someone and an EBG who had his exit seats taken away is a good candidate for an op-up.
Don't over-do the fuss though
I would suggest that a smile and a polite and friendly complaint could get you a lot more than if you go in shouting and throwing your EBG card around. Especially since you say Economy is fully booked.

Good luck and let us know what happens!
the usual reason they give for saying seating is subject to
change is because a disabled person might have specific seating requirements and US ADA law requires they try to accomodate these needs.

In this case, they don't have that excuse-- disabled persons are not allowed to sit in exit rows.

Could it be that an air marshall wants that seat?
It came out that the seats were given away because of an error in the reservation system. Since the flight was overbooked and the gate manager was really cool, me and my girlfriend got an Op-Up to C. 2A+B.
Quote: It came out that the seats were given away because of an error in the reservation system. Since the flight was overbooked and the gate manager was really cool, me and my girlfriend got an Op-Up to C. 2A+B.
^
Quote: It came out that the seats were given away because of an error in the reservation system. Since the flight was overbooked and the gate manager was really cool, me and my girlfriend got an Op-Up to C. 2A+B.
Good for you

With all the op-ups I constantly read about here, I start to wonder why I should bother paying those expensive C-tickets...
Quote: Good for you

With all the op-ups I constantly read about here, I start to wonder why I should bother paying those expensive C-tickets...
My last 6 TATL on SK during September-October turned out full C cabin (ok maybe 1 free seat sometimes), I suppose there were some point upgrades/option town etc. On the other hand I had chance to look at pax manifest on half of these flights and number of EBG was so high that I wouldn't hold my breath for opup if I would need one.
Anyway if someone feels ok to fly TATL in M, you can always hope for the best.
Quote: Good for you

Don't get your hopes just yet. I fly Y discounted in Europe most of the time (company policy), and never got an op up since I'm with EB. And it's been a while...
Quote: Don't get your hopes just yet. I fly Y discounted in Europe most of the time (company policy), and never got an op up since I'm with EB. And it's been a while...
Y discounted? You mean M? Y is premium economy, with B and S as discounted booking classes.
Anyway, I have never received an op-up with SK! Not even on my birthday flying home from PEK.
Quote: Y discounted? You mean M?
Sorry, I keep forgetting that SAS uses different codes than others. I meant Economy discounted.

For me F=First, C=Biz, Y+=monkey+ (or economy premium), and Y=monkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_...my_class_codes