Cooperation SAS-SJ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK *B (?)
Cooperation SAS-SJ

This sounds interesting (Swedish only):

http://se.yhp.waymaker.net/sasgroup/....asp?id=181790

But I'm not certain whether the "connection guarantee" is a feature of the new travel pass, or if it is a separate point.

For me, the risk of being left stranded is the major reason for avoiding taking the train to ARN or CPH.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:12 pm
fcl

Programs: EBS
If I understand correctly the information on
http://www.postvagnen.com/forum/index.php?id=124718
comes from the press officer at Arlanda Airport, Niclas Härenstam.
Among other things it says that:

[the connection guarantee works if] the connection time is at least 45 minutes for domestic and 60 minutes for international trips.
An interesting thing to find out is if this requires a purchase of SJ and SAS ticket together. If so it would seem non unlikely that they will charge more than the cheapest SJ price for these tickets.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 1:00 pm

While I do think SJ and SAS should cooperate more I fear SAS would have a bad influence on SJ so that they might cease the complimentary dinner-at-your-seat service on domestic routes.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
While I do think SJ and SAS should cooperate more I fear SAS would have a bad influence on SJ so that they might cease the complimentary dinner-at-your-seat service on domestic routes.
You get that on Swedish domestic trains? Quite surprising, must be first class only?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by lnixon
This sounds interesting (Swedish only):

http://se.yhp.waymaker.net/sasgroup/....asp?id=181790

But I'm not certain whether the "connection guarantee" is a feature of the new travel pass, or if it is a separate point.

For me, the risk of being left stranded is the major reason for avoiding taking the train to ARN or CPH.
SAS did that some years ago with DSB in Denmark. Connection guarantee and quite a few trains got SK "flight" numbers. For some reason it was discontinued - maybe the two SAS companies forgot to exchange learnings.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I wonder if this will lead to a cooperation between the two bonus programs?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by mosburger
You get that on Swedish domestic trains? Quite surprising, must be first class only?
Yes, First Class on the X2K high speed train services. Lufthansa is preparing the meals... So, compared to full fare C-tickest on SAS domestic...
On First Class regional trains you get complimentary coffee/tea but not served at your seat.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Gustaf
I wonder if this will lead to a cooperation between the two bonus programs?
If a number of SJ train services get designated SK flight numbers I guess you will not earn Prio points if booked under the SK code. But they might do this in another way without giving the trains SK codes?
The pure fact that someone (in this case SAS) is able to cooperate with SJ at all is surprising (SJ is extremely old fashioned and soviet style). To merge loyalty programmes... no way jose...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:48 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Yes, First Class on the X2K high speed train services. Lufthansa is preparing the meals... So, compared to full fare C-tickest on SAS domestic...
On First Class regional trains you get complimentary coffee/tea but not served at your seat.
But only if booking full-fare First, discounted First does not include meal service.

If a number of SJ train services get designated SK flight numbers I guess you will not earn Prio points if booked under the SK code. But they might do this in another way without giving the trains SK codes?
The pure fact that someone (in this case SAS) is able to cooperate with SJ at all is surprising (SJ is extremely old fashioned and soviet style). To merge loyalty programmes... no way jose...
Not sure if it's still in use but LH used to give miles on some trains ex-FRA... But I can only agree, SJ is managed soviet style.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: SAS EB Gold, KLM FD Gold, Emirates Gold
This is great news! I think it will benefit both SAS and SJ. According to the homepage of SJ Prio (SJ's FT program) the joint travel passes will start to sell at the end of April.

Also, I do not agree that SJ is old fashioned and soviet-style. Maybe they were a couple of years ago, but now I would say that SJ is a leader among rail operators when it comes to market and customer orientation. Not only have they come very far when it comes to price and product with demand based pricing etc, but my experience is also that SJ's personnel is unusally friendly and service-minded, much more so than SAS's personnel. SJ has even started the SJ Service Academy where they offer courses to other companies on how to offer good customer service. ^
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:36 pm

Don´t get me started on SJ, man...
How on earth can they loose money on STO-GBG... Get Virgin or someone to operate the core routes. Get us the Linx first class back (with the fishbone pods) and start to sell full flex tickets (todays full fare tickets is advertised as flexible but are not). That´s it.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:13 pm
fcl

Programs: EBS
Now the rules for this have been posted on sj.se:

http://www.sj.se/sj/jsp/polopoly.jsp...&a=107003&l=sv

Translation (Google Translate with a few manual correction, I did not correct the translation of "Komma fram garanti" :-):

Comma-front guarantee means that the SJ and SAS will take care of each other's passengers in case of delays. The guarantee applies to all customers who travel with SJ and SAS in combination. If a connection is broken the company that is responsible for the delay is responsible for dealing with the rebooking, which takes place at Arlanda.

Since SJ and SAS together ensures the journey all the way, it will be easy and safe to take the train to the airport.
Getting-up-the guarantee applies regardless of which ticket you as a customer has purchased. It is the customer's responsibility to contact the staff to rebook the ticket. Note that commute cards is not covered by the warranty.

Terms:

* Train-/flight connections from / to Arlanda with SJ and SAS for: SK = SAS, KF = Blue1 (a subsidiary of SAS)
* Come-up-guarantee is only valid if the rebooking of SJ made before the customer begins the train travel. Exemptions apply to annual passes travelers.
* Generally, in all types of delays. In situations where force majeure is applied it is determined from time to time what will apply.
* Transfer the same day. That is to say within 24 hours from time of arrival at the airport.
* Comma-front guarantee applies to all booking classes.
* SAS-trips within Europe, but not SAS Charter.

Komma-fram guarantee applies only for rebooking, not refund. Customers who because of delays miss connecting flights will be no additional cost rebooked on the next flight. Customers who due to a flight delay, misses the connecting train will be at no additional cost rebooked on the next train.

If the delay exceeds two hours the customer will be cared for and can, for example, be offered food, lodging or different types of transport.

Transfer times

The transfer times required for the guarantee toply:

* Domestic - train / flight or flight / train: 45 minutes
* Europe - train / flight or flight / train: 60 minutes
What I miss, and makes the guarantee not very useful for me is intercontinental flights. I could live with have a longer connection time in this case (90 minutes?). It is bad that SAS IC and SAS Sverige did not cooperate on this.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by fcl
What I miss, and makes the guarantee not very useful for me is intercontinental flights. I could live with have a longer connection time in this case (90 minutes?). It is bad that SAS IC and SAS Sverige did not cooperate on this.
I agree. For European flights, the most convenient way for me to get to and from ARN is driving, but a nap on the train is better when arriving jetlagged...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK *B (?)
This now seems to have been extended to CPH connections as well:

http://www.flyrail.se/editorial/guarantee

(in Swedish). Still not valid for intercontinental flights.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:50 am

Had some problems with this "komma fram garanti" this winter, had booked Halmstad (SJ) to Copenhagen and then (SAS) onwards to London on FlyRail.

Then a few days before travel SJ took the decision to cancel the train (X2000) trip (decision made by SJ on Friday afternoon, I was supposed to travel on Monday).

When calling SJ they didn't know jack-.... about FlyRail, they told me to call the SAS service centre instead which was supposed to handle all support regarding FlyRail tickets. Called the SAS SC, but of course the SAS SC was not open during the weekend. Called back to SJ and had them rebook the train ticket (which they obviously had the ability to do), I ended up with a long overlay in CPH, travelling on an InterCity train instead of X2000, sitting in 2:nd class instead of 1:st (as ticketed originally).

Called SAS SC on Monday morning and asked them what the policy was for trains that had been cancelled as that wasn't mentioned anywhere on their site or the rules regarding the "komma fram garanti". Got the reply that they had a meeting about that the same Friday the train was cancelled but they hadn't come up with a conclusion, they promised to notify me when they knew something. Still haven't heard anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.