Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I can see that, but I guess I do not see the difference in selling via OT or via at check in?

Anyways I am not a heavy user so I will just chuck it up to experience but ot could be done better
At check-in it is much more expensive if the cabin is empty - like you experienced. This prevents people from betting on it. It appears that only if the cabin is full they will have a reasonable offer in the OT range.

On a lot of airlines you can upgrade for 800-1000€s or so one way, but that is close to what a revenue ticket in C would have costed anyway.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
My recent round trip between HKG and ARN as PEY, only outbound is successful to business class. When I return to HKG, I was upgraded during checkin, without any tier status in SAS or any Star Alliance airlines.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by simcity4000
My recent round trip between HKG and ARN as PEY, only outbound is successful to business class. When I return to HKG, I was upgraded during checkin, without any tier status in SAS or any Star Alliance airlines.
Nice. OT your short review of new cabin/ aircraft on ARN-HKG route? And how much did you pay for OT bid or was it only check in upgrade?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Nice. OT your short review of new cabin/ aircraft on ARN-HKG route? And how much did you pay for OT bid or was it only check in upgrade?
Actually the aircraft is A340 which is old business class (2+2+2) with not fully-flat bed, the upgrade price is EUR163. If it is successful, the booking will automatically reflect in the system (i.e.: you can check it in the web). Friendly reminder I paid the price for premium economy. The optiontown also suggests to bring the confirmation letter during checkin.

For the lounge access for business class in Hong Kong, it can use SQ Kris Lounge or United Airlines.

Last edited by simcity4000; Oct 7, 2015 at 1:41 am
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
OT upgrade CPH - TLV denied.
Looking at the seat plan, there is only one row of PLUS, so the plane must be very full.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by helosc
OT upgrade CPH - TLV denied.
Looking at the seat plan, there is only one row of PLUS, so the plane must be very full.
Don't worry, you may have still the chance to upgrade when checkin.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by simcity4000
Don't worry, you may have still the chance to upgrade when checkin.
As I am only trying to upgrade via OT to get the extra points, I am not interested in upgrading at check-in (this kind of upgrade only gives the points for the original booking class, as far as I know).
And I have never seen the possibility to upgrade at check-in or at the gate for Intra-European flights.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: A3 *G
OT upgrade from GO to PLUS cleared on SK945 ARN-ORD on Sunday, but I didn't receive any notification from them. I had to check the OT account to find out about the upgrade, so I don't know when the upgrade cleared. The plane (OY-KBM) was packed which I guess was understandable given it was a Sunday.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by klavkonz
OT upgrade from GO to PLUS cleared on SK945 ARN-ORD on Sunday, but I didn't receive any notification from them. I had to check the OT account to find out about the upgrade, so I don't know when the upgrade cleared. The plane (OY-KBM) was packed which I guess was understandable given it was a Sunday.
The official says to be last 4 hrs departure as the latest notification.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:48 am

My son got an OT upgrade CPH - TLV (a few days later than my flight).
Two rows of PLUS, all seats occupied.
Can then confirm that it is possible to OT upgrade on a Youth Fare.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold
LHR to Oslo - upgrade to SAS plus successful. Am I right in thinking this includes access to a lounge? If so, which one? Also is fast track immigration included too?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by swancity
LHR to Oslo - upgrade to SAS plus successful. Am I right in thinking this includes access to a lounge? If so, which one? Also is fast track immigration included too?

Thanks
In LHR may not have fast track, and the lounge is Plaza Premium Lounge, according to website.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by swancity

Thanks
You can use Fast Track security in LHR T2 and lounges Lufthansa Business in T2A, United/AC/Singapore in T2B.

Don't know if OSL has "fast track immigration"?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Wife got bumped to Business from Plus on SK946 yesterday, OT upgrade cleared a few days in advance. She also applied for an advance point upgrade which was declined.

I had a colleague in Plus who applied for an upgrade to Business using just the advance point upgrade option which was declined. Business was otherwise full when we boarded. This makes perfect sense to me, revenue over point upgrades.

Not sure if this was just an incident or if this is the new SK course for such upgrades. Happy to see more feedback posted to get some data.

We have NRT and SFO trips booked where we've applied for both upgrade options for her.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by LH_001
;-))

As a matter of fact I did think of this (signing up again soon with a new e-mail address) as well.

Just for the info: last two sundays (incl. this one) I again got declined. Not getting upgraded since weeks.

So IŽll try a new e-mail address andŽll let ya know folks.
Just had my first unsuccessful requests (out of 5).

But - officially, it should be best to use the same email address: In the “declining-mail”, it states, that "The more you sign-up for UTo, the higher are chances to get upgraded. So keep participating in UTo."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.