Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
Unfortunately our corporate TA is also an external company, not inhouse. So, 0 chance to make a deal with them.

And since I changed company - the new TA is bad... really, really rock bottom bad

Might have worked at the old company with their TA. They have been nice and helpful but I guess if in the end it comes to billing, payment and paper pushing all external TAs would bail out of deals like that. Too much work, too much risk something goes sour.
I never understood this honestly. My employer does not disallow flying higher service classes generally. They disallow me to make them pay for that. The same goes for higher booking classes, so I get points, etc. And I fully agree with them (especially that in the end I spend the money out of my travel budget, and I do prefer to be able to travel more than to travel higher class). However, what confuses me, why our travel agent would not allow me to upsell on my personal (as in private) expense, which never affects my employer. In the end they would be earning on that !
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
However, what confuses me, why our travel agent would not allow me to upsell on my personal (as in private) expense, which never affects my employer. In the end they would be earning on that !
Because they would need to make two invoice processes. One for your company, one for you. Even though you won't require them to send you an invoice and just give them free access to your CC they would need to keep the paper trail for finance reporting (taxes etc).

Then of course the system handling invoicing needs to be able to e.g. issuing two separate invoices on the same e-ticket, being able to charge two different FOPs on for one and the same e-ticket and so on.

Not that easy and even it would be technical possible and allowed by police of the TA it would be just to complicated for Regular Joe sitting in the call center.

I'm at the moment trying to convince my boss I don't even need a TA. They makes things so much more complicated and the savings on travel expenses are spent on queuing up on the phone to get a flight reschedule for the next day or get some really crapping routing assigned which needs another call or hour in the s**t webfront end to get it fixed.

I just spent 90 minutes on hold while standing in ICN... guess what I spend for that damn call If I had walked to the Asiana counter and changed my flight it would have been done in 5 minutes with 0 cost.

Anyway... we're drifting OT
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:16 am

Our TA closes the call center at 4.30pm CET and charges a service fee for calls after that. Besides that their tickets are invariably more expensive than what I can book online. And then they add a service fee to every ticketing. I hardly see how we are benefiting from using them.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by wazow
Our TA closes the call center at 4.30pm CET and charges a service fee for calls after that. Besides that their tickets are invariably more expensive than what I can book online. And then they add a service fee to every ticketing. I hardly see how we are benefiting from using them.
CWT run the desk until 8CET, getting them to answer is more of a problem than the actual hours they run.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AY Plat, Member TG,LH,UA,AC
Anyone knows how much will it cost for CPH-SFO for a) from SAS Go to Plus b) SAS Go to Business ?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coolburning
Anyone knows how much will it cost for CPH-SFO for a) from SAS Go to Plus b) SAS Go to Business ?
I'm traveling CPH-SFO in mid-December and the cost is $246 for Go to Plus and $519 for Go to Business.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Jonasdk
I'm traveling CPH-SFO in mid-December and the cost is $246 for Go to Plus and $519 for Go to Business.
Thank you so much Jonasdk. I am thinking ordering GOT-CPH-SFO-YVR to get EBD. Hope that it is worth trying.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:33 pm

Can anyone check availability for the following flights for me ?
SK935 on 7 Jan 2015
SK936 on 18 Jan 2015

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:55 pm

I booked an itinerary on united via ZRH to CPH, with the last leg on SK. Mostly for fun I asked for OT on the SK leg when the intra-Europe OT became possible. OT accepted the bid.

Now I had to rebook the united connection a few days earlier (I was actually shocked how cheap and easy it was to rebook on united stock, even though I was ubooked into a lowly Y fare - these things are much more expensive in SK or LH universe).

What happens to my OT bid now? The PNR has not changed. Will I be refunded? Should I bid again, if I wanted to play the game?

EDIT: I should have mentioned that my new booking also has an SK leg as the last leg, but via a different airport in Europe.

Last edited by SK2751; Dec 3, 2014 at 1:16 pm
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:04 pm

Interesting, I hold a LH 220 ticket CPH-FRA-JNB-FRA-CPH with the first leg on SK. OT does not allow bidding on that leg and shows all segments as "Business". If it would be, I would be happy, in reality it is just low LH V class
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by coolburning
I recently (3 weeks ago?) placed a bid of 179 euro for Plus and 349 euro for Business. Travel in February.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:40 am
Suspended

Got CPH-EWR Plus Saver to Business for 182€ (travel today).
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Got upgrade from Go to Plus, copenhagen-beijing, cleared in system around two days prior to departure, no mail from optintown, paid eur173.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:37 am

I'm flying SK935 CPH-SFO 7 March 2015 and am trying to check status on the flight before deciding to go for OT both Plus and Business.
I usually check on flightstats.com but it seems it has been changed so it is now only possible to check status up to a week ahead.
Is there anywhere else to check?

Thanks
Peter
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by pemihan
I usually check on flightstats.com but it seems it has been changed so it is now only possible to check status up to a week ahead.
Is there anywhere else to check?
I thought they completely removed the functionality for checking seat availability some months ago. How are you able to check status for the next week?

I don't know of any places that offer this service for free. ExpertFlyer and KVSTool should have the information, or some generous FTer might provide you with the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.