Napa Valley

Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Be forewarned the F embarcadero is jammed on summer weekends - used to live at bottom of coit tower and many full cars would go by.

Silverado Trail is definitely the better route for traffic and scenery - you can cut over to/from 29 as needed. 101 gets jammed too so it isn't as if Santa Rosa is traffic free.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
thanks

to find out more, does one just google SF Muni?

mangoman thanks for the tip
Actually google maps includes public transportation routes based on your destination! I find it more useful to start. Try it now! It's fun.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:42 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
For actual trip times/schedule within SF

(I.e. Not Bart to the airport) go to
Http://www.Nextmuni.com

Or

511.org
for regional schedules incl BART
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by squeakr
(I.e. Not Bart to the airport) go to
Http://www.Nextmuni.com
(I hate to say it ... ok, I don't really hate to say it, but my first thought was that Muni would either say "today" or "tomorrow" for your projected arrival time.)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:05 pm

I am a huge fan of CityMapper. Its less literal than Google Maps, and lets you choose to "walk more".

Works in many cities worldwide as well.

https://citymapper.com/sf-bay-area

I live in SF and somtimes it suprises me with its routings. Things I would not normally think of like taking Golden Gate Transit inside the city.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:17 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Golden Gate Transit isn't allowed to pick you up in SF

Golden Gate transit – the Marin county to San Francisco bus company – isn't actually allowed to pick up passengers with in San Francisco who are staying in San Francisco. Some individual bus drivers may be willing to do that but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
Golden Gate transit – the Marin county to San Francisco bus company – isn't actually allowed to pick up passengers with in San Francisco who are staying in San Francisco. Some individual bus drivers may be willing to do that but I wouldn't count on it.
Travel within San Francisco is to/from the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza or the Presidio (Richardson Avenue and Francisco Street) only.

Thats why CityMapper is so cool. I was down on Lombard and Muni was an hour is to downtown. CityMapper had me walk to Richardson and Francisco and take GGT. 25 minutes later on a nice, non crowded bus, I was downtown. Its a completely legit option and stop I had no idea about.

For thoes going to visit the bridge from downtown its a great option as well.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I live and work in the Napa Valley. It really depends on your price range for accommodations and where you will be. Auberge, Meadowood, and Wine Country Inn are luxury hotels upvalley. You might like the Andaz, Marriott, or Westin in the city of Napa if you want a chain hotel. If you need less expensive accommodations, we have a Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.

As to wineries, we have over 500, LOL, but we would love to host you at Ehlers Estate. We are all-estate and organically farmed. Please email [email protected], attention Elizabeth (me). Some of my other favorites are Stony Hill, Robert Keenan, and Amizetta. I tend to enjoy smaller, boutique or family owned wineries.

Enjoy your trip!
Elizabeth, Thank you for the tasting, I'd recommend it for anyone visiting Napa.

The two of us had a great time. LM said that this was her favorite so thanks for the bonus points and a great way to start off our visit to Napa. ^
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Elizabeth, Thank you for the tasting, I'd recommend it for anyone visiting Napa.

The two of us had a great time. LM said that this was her favorite so thanks for the bonus points and a great way to start off our visit to Napa. ^
We go to Sonoma at times but if we return to Napa, I'll definitely visit Ehlers as well! So awesome to read about this here :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.