Din Tai Fung Opening Soon in San Jose

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Din Tai Fung Opening Soon in San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
Please enlighten us as to which DTF give you 10 full size XLB in one steamer? Or did you have the mini's?
10 seems to be more an American thing-the Seattle and Bellevue ones are 10/steamer, whereas the ones I've been to in Australia and Asia are 6/steamer
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by steveman518
10 seems to be more an American thing-the Seattle and Bellevue ones are 10/steamer, whereas the ones I've been to in Australia and Asia are 6/steamer
DTF's system is meant for 6 full size XLB per steamer to ensure proper steaming.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Just ate at a DTF in Shanghai yesterday (Pudong - Super Brand Mall location). All their Xiao Long Baos had a 5pc or a 10pc option - the silly thing was the 10pc was exactly 2x the price of the 5pc - essentially no different than ordering 2 portions of a 5pc set.

What I liked about having a smaller 5pc option was that you can order more varieties instead of having only a larger 10 pc option. To be fair, 6 piece XLB is a much more common variant in most restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.