Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

The Escape Lounge is a small-medium lounge in Terminal 1 airside, across from Gate 9, between Gates 8 and 8A.

Complimentary access for American Express Platinum Card and Centurion Members as part of the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM. Also to departing International Business class or higher passengers such as British Airways.

Access for walk up clients is $45.00; booking in advance via Escape Lounges is $40.00. This is not a Priority Pass or airline lounge.

Amenities include a selection of complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, as well as

Ultra-Fast internet provision, separate from the main airport Wi-Fi
Easy, free of charge, access to the web
Print, scan and copy
Cellphone / tablet charging points abd poser points

(No showers; lavatories across the concourse)

Link to Escape Lounges page on OAK lounge

Link to OAK Airport lounge page
Print Wikipost

Escape Lounge OAK

Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Escape Lounge OAK

Looks like Oakland will finally land a lounge this summer. Like the recently opened lounge in MSP it will be pay-per-use. I hope that it joins Priority Pass or American Express Platinum like its sister lounges in Europe and the Airspace lounges in the US.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Interesting. I wonder where they will put it. I figure it will almost certainly be airside, but beyond that it's hard to say where it will be. Regardless, the airport is small enough that it will be a short walk wherever you are airside.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by dhuey
Interesting. I wonder where they will put it.
There is a very cool space available in the former control tower. It is in the non-Southwest terminal near security. I'll try to dig through old pictures tonight to share here.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
There is a very cool space available in the former control tower. It is in the non-Southwest terminal near security. I'll try to dig through old pictures tonight to share here.
If you mean the old tower lounge, I used to go up there for a pre-flight drink ca. the 1990s. However, the square footage in the article is a lot larger than that tower lounge was.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If you mean the old tower lounge, I used to go up there for a pre-flight drink ca. the 1990s. However, the square footage in the article is a lot larger than that tower lounge was.
I loved that bar. Such an amazing location.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjque
I loved that bar. Such an amazing location.
And the loss of it eventually caused your move to Chicago.

I certainly hope this is Priority Pass affiliated. If not, I'll likely just end up continuing to either camp out with a beverage at the T1 Starbucks or the T2 Vino Volo.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And the loss of it eventually caused your move to Chicago.
Nah, I moved here for the weather.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:02 pm

Old tower is no more so it won't be in there unfortunately. Maybe that empty space near gate 8/8A/bar? Although it's really needed in T2 - it's often at max capacity with no seating in any bar/restaurant area. They lose out on business because of that.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Old tower is no more so it won't be in there unfortunately. Maybe that empty space near gate 8/8A/bar? Although it's really needed in T2 - it's often at max capacity with no seating in any bar/restaurant area. They lose out on business because of that.
As long as it's airside, it will work anywhere given the small size of OAK's terminals and their close proximity to each other.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Answering my own question, it will be near gate 8 in Terminal 1
Old May 5, 2016, 1:44 pm

Opening in June per website.

http://www.escapelounges.com/
Old May 5, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
$45 ($40 in advance) and other side of the terminal from the WN gates . . . I'm having a hard time seeing how they're going to make this work.

Plus, I think most OAK flyers time their arrival at the airport as close to departure as possible.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
. . . I'm having a hard time seeing how they're going to make this work.
Concur...hoping it opens up to PP.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
$45 ($40 in advance) and other side of the terminal from the WN gates . . . I'm having a hard time seeing how they're going to make this work.

Plus, I think most OAK flyers time their arrival at the airport as close to departure as possible.
I also don't think there are any int'l carriers that would otherwise provide lounge access to premium pax.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Concur...hoping it opens up to PP.
I think they'll have to have PP affiliation. Otherwise I don't see how they could pull in sufficient numbers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.