Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Arriving at the SFO airport, need a place to rest a few hours, ...........

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold/UA Mileage Plus Premier 1K

Might be in a situation next week were i'll be arriving on a redeye at SFO approx 5:00 a.m. Checked luggage. NOT transferring to another flight. Want to get a couple of hours of rest before heading out of the airport. SFO has two arrivals lounges that we'd qualify for -- but they're listed as opening at 8:00. Lounges/other comfortable spots of course exist........... but i'm not keen on leaving our checked luggage to somehow get scooped up in baggage claim as "unclaimed;" even temporarily. Feeling stuck. Would appreciate any thoughts, thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
You could book a hotel the night before so you can check in early morning. There are lots of hotels around SFO.

This is what I do in most cities. That way you can really sleep.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bldr1k
You could book a hotel the night before so you can check in early morning. There are lots of hotels around SFO.

This is what I do in most cities. That way you can really sleep.
Thanks. As of now really only looking for 2-3 hours. As i think about it, though, if we change our minds, this is a good option. Very familiar with SFO area.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1k
You could try something like http://breather.com/ , I've never used it but I've heard decent things about it.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oblisk
You could try something like http://breather.com/ , I've never used it but I've heard decent things about it.
Wasn't aware of this. Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Could you use UA's baggage delivery service to have the bags forwarded on to your final destination rather than needing to claim them yourself upon arrival?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Could you use UA's baggage delivery service to have the bags forwarded on to your final destination rather than needing to claim them yourself upon arrival?
thanks! - another friend just reminded me of that program. not sure that it fits our situation well but am checking it out.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Well, it turns out that I did not have to institute my Plan B, so didn't get in that early and had no trouble. thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.