Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at AT&T

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Parking at AT&T

As you come north on 280 past the 280-101 interchange, you see signs for parking for AT&T several exits before the end of the freeway at 4th and King. I've never taken these, since it seemed so far from the park, and usually just go to Third, turn right, and park on the right just over the bridge.

Are these signs for parking that are quite a bit south of the park for "back routes" into good places to park or do they lead you to places that have a long walk?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by JerryFF
As you come north on 280 past the 280-101 interchange, you see signs for parking for AT&T several exits before the end of the freeway at 4th and King. I've never taken these, since it seemed so far from the park, and usually just go to Third, turn right, and park on the right just over the bridge.

Are these signs for parking that are quite a bit south of the park for "back routes" into good places to park or do they lead you to places that have a long walk?
I work right there and I have no idea what there signs are pointing toward. My best guess is that they suggest the Mariposa exit, which lands you on 3rd street after you take a right on the off ramp. But this is the same parking area that you mentioned.

Basically Mariposa lands you a few blocks south of the park. The exit before Mariposa lands you much further, around Ceasar Chavez. Too far for me to walk personally.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Are you going to a Giants game? I always take Caltrain. Two block walk to the park. Park at any convenient Caltrain station and you avoid all the traffic after the game. There are trains that leave 20 minutes or so after the end of games.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Are you going to a Giants game? I always take Caltrain. Two block walk to the park. Park at any convenient Caltrain station and you avoid all the traffic after the game. There are trains that leave 20 minutes or so after the end of games.
I strongly agree. It's slow going for everyone after a game. Not so bad if you get on a ferry or Caltrain, or you walk to BART. Muni N is tolerable, but it takes a while to board due to the crowds. The worst of all, of course, is driving.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I take BART and walk. The one time, many years ago, when I had an event (south of SF) after the game and drove and parked in one of the lots, I regretted it. The time I took people that couldn't walk that far, we parked at 5th and Mission and took UBER from there.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:36 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dhuey
Muni N is tolerable, but it takes a while to board due to the crowds.
If you walk back to Caltrain and board the N there, you are already seated when the train gets to the ballpark.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Not to jump in on a thread, but I am going to the game on Wednesday and bought a parking pass in lot A. Bringing the folks, so also have handicap placard, will this be a long walk to the park? How much time to allow from the GG bridge to the parking lot? Thanks,
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by LongingForORD
Not to jump in on a thread, but I am going to the game on Wednesday and bought a parking pass in lot A. Bringing the folks, so also have handicap placard, will this be a long walk to the park? How much time to allow from the GG bridge to the parking lot? Thanks,
Lot A is just across the small bridge from the ballpark, ~2-3 blocks. I'd say it's a 5 minute walk with the parents.
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/s...ap_600x900.gif
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Thanks for the suggestions. If I were going myself, I would definitely take Caltrain, but that is not usually an option. I have to drive. Just hoping for a better route in and out, especially out.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
If you walk back to Caltrain and board the N there, you are already seated when the train gets to the ballpark.
What a great idea! Yes, hardly anyone would be on the N that late at night until it approaches AT&T Park. It's essentially upstreaming Muni.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.