Wiki Posts
Search

Shuttle options from SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Shuttle options from SFO

Looking for ground transport one way from SFO to downtown as well. Read the horror reviews for SuperShuttle so decided to consider my options. Made a booking for BlueShuttle - hope it turns out well!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by elleana
Looking for ground transport one way from SFO to downtown as well. Read the horror reviews for SuperShuttle so decided to consider my options. Made a booking for BlueShuttle - hope it turns out well!
The problem with resurrecting a thread about SFO ground transportation from 4-5 years ago is that the ground transportation market at SFO has changed considerably in the past 4-5 years. Online ride services such as Uber and Lyft have completely changed the picture. Whereas 4-5 years ago I would have debated which of several shuttle companies is your best choice, today I consider them all poor choices. For me it's Uber every time now.

...Except when I can get a friend or relative to drive me for free!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I moved these posts to their own thread

If you like to add any information about shuttle services, such as blue shuttle, feel free. I've used blue shuttle a couple of times and they're quite good.

Squeakr
Mod SFO
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Remember that BART is cheap and easy to get from the airport into the city.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
The problem with resurrecting a thread about SFO ground transportation from 4-5 years ago is that the ground transportation market at SFO has changed considerably in the past 4-5 years. Online ride services such as Uber and Lyft have completely changed the picture. Whereas 4-5 years ago I would have debated which of several shuttle companies is your best choice, today I consider them all poor choices. For me it's Uber every time now.

...Except when I can get a friend or relative to drive me for free!
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Remember that BART is cheap and easy to get from the airport into the city.
My circumstances are (I'd like to think) somewhat unique - I'm travelling in a party of 7 adults and 2 infants/toddlers (each with their own infant car seat). I think we'd need 2 separate cars for Uber / Lyft, but we'd much travel together. In any case we'd be able to get the entire shuttle to ourselves.

BART is not an option due to the hassle of luggage + infants + accessories.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
With that many, a shuttle makes sense.

You can get an exclusive 7 passenger van from Supershuttle for $75. That might be your cheapest option.

You can reserve online.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by elleana
My circumstances are (I'd like to think) somewhat unique - I'm travelling in a party of 7 adults and 2 infants/toddlers (each with their own infant car seat).
That makes it very easy: hire a large enough shuttle to accommodate everyone and their luggage. Some shuttles might be too small for that, so you would want to clarify that you need 9 seats + luggage capacity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.