Reload this Page >

AT&T Park Disabled Access

Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

I've been to the park many times, but never with accessibility issues for a guest. (I've also looked at the park's website but that isn't going to help, especially if I have to drop someone off, go park, and then get back to the ballpark - that could take the better part of an hour with pre-game traffic).

Maybe someone here is familiar with the best options.

Facts: Four of us. A Friday evening. One in the party will be able to walk from the front gate to the seats without much issue, but that will be the extent of the "without issue" walking distance. Another can walk a bit further.

Taking MUNI from a downtown station will take forever and logistically a mess involving too much standing, not to mention the $5.50 (2 qualify for 75 rides) for 4 of us each way.

I am thinking (1) parking at 5th/Mission and taking UBER, or (2) parking at a meter somewhere not too far, and taking UBER. (I don't know if the special event spaces qualify for "free" disabled placard parking.)

Any thoughts, especially from those familiar with the situation, are welcome.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I don't know if this would work, but maybe park north of Market, somewhere near the Embarcadero. Then hire one of those bicycle carriages to take you right up to one of the entrances for the disabled. You could drop off the disabled passenger on the Embarcadero, go park, walk back and hire the bike guy. I'm guessing $20-30 one-way, and you'll be able to move through gridlocked traffic (unlike taxi, Uber, etc.).
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:05 pm

DISABLED/ACCESSIBLE GUEST SERVICES

The Giants are committed to providing every guest, including those with vision, hearing, mobility or other disabilities, with a comfortable and enjoyable experience at AT&T Park.

Accessible seating options are available throughout the ballpark in all of the seating categories and view perspectives (see BALLPARK MAP). Assisted listening devices are available upon request at the Guest Services Office located on the Promenade Level behind Section 119. In addition, all restrooms, drinking fountains, telephones, ATMs and counters at points of service at AT&T Park are accessible. Elevators are located at each of the four entrances to the ballpark (see BALLPARK MAP). Guests with disabilities and their companions are given first priority for service at all elevators. Guest services personnel are posted at each ballpark entrance to assist any guest requiring assistance in locating their seats and ballpark services.

Drop-off zones for guests with disabilities are located on both sides of the ballpark, one at the Second and King Streets entrance, and one on Third Street near the Giants Dugout Store (see BALLPARK MAP). The Second Street drop-off area can be reached from eastbound King Street or from southbound Second Street. The Third Street drop-off zone can be reached from northbound Third Street only. Disabled parking for the ballpark is available in all Giants parking lots. An accessible shuttle operates at regular intervals before and after events to transport guests with disabilities between the parking lots and the ballpark.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/s...guide#disabled (my emphasis)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:07 pm

On second thought, that shuttle mentioned above looks like a really good option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.