Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJC ( san jose ) airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

SJC ( san jose ) airport

SJC perplexes me, AA kiosks are very slow, TSA is horribly slow and aa gate agents are an angry bunch. we could see 1 out of 3, but there must be some serious issues behind the scenes of the 'silicon valley' airport.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As this post isn't really related to AA (I hate to admit it but I'm not quite sure what it's "about" ), I'm going to go ahead and move it to the San Francisco forum, for discussion by a wider audience of SJC-area experts.

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
I love SJC. It is so quick to get in and out of. The worst part is dealing with UA, but that isn't really the airports fault.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007
TSA is horribly slow
Basically every time I'm there the TSA line does seem long, however I don't think I've ever had more than about 2 people in front of me in the priority line.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:11 pm

When does TSA Pre-Check operate at SJC?

My experience in the Term B line is that the wait isn't too long (about 10 to 15 minutes), but it's still frustrating to see that TSA Pre-check never seems to be operating. The Clear line is always, well clear. When I flew from BUR, TSA Pre-check was operating.

Is this only an early morning thing starting at 5:30a and then everyone goes on break 4 hours later at 9:30am?

Here's another (lack of pre-check) experience:
http://boardingarea.com/roadwarriore...created-equal/
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:14 pm

Location: Los Angeles and Eastern Sierra (weekly travel to SJC). "Home airports": LAX/BUR/BIH/SJC
Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, TSA Pre
I love SJC and find most everyone to be friendly. The TSA situation in Terminal B is pretty confusing and unpredictable though.

Whenever I have flown Thursday/Friday evenings, especially near 3-day weekend holidays, the line is very short. Usually less than 5 minutes but my flight is packed. Whenever I fly during off peak hours (mid-day weekday and weekend) the line is long but my flight is half empty.

The only thing that made sense was my recent flight at 9:30am on a Friday. The line was about 30 minutes and even PreCheck was backed up.

The logistics of flying (getting there in time via public transit, TSA lines, Southwest's boarding process) makes me nervous, so for me Clear is looking like a decent option even though in reality the line is really not bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.